When you call, mention priority code 15G4-J457

Rating and Reviews: Fender Road Worn Tele

Get that comfortable, broken-in look and feel from a brand-new guitar with the Road Worn '50s Telecaster, loaded with versatile Tex Mex Tele single-coils.

"An Awesome Telecaster!" submitted June 7, 2013

By Michael M in Evergreen, AL
Overall
Musical Background: 7yrs, Gig Every Weekend.
Music Style: Blues, Rock, Country
Sound: The sound is great, not too thin, not too powerful. A great classic mix of rock and country sounds. It actually sounds really well compared to my 52ri telecaster, this is my new gigging guitar as I really don't want to bring my 2,000 dollar tele to smoky bar gigs. Feature: Simple telecaster controls, all the essentials. Ease of Use: Very easy to use and plays exceptionally well. Was set up great out of the box. Quality: It really feels like a well built guitar, cosmetically just enough wear to make it fit the "roadworn" title. Not overdone like they use to be, really happy with this guitar, it is definitely going into the gigging line up to give my old highway one strat a break. Value: I got it at a pricematched price thanks to zzounds, this a great company to buy from! Manufacturer Support: they have always been helpful with me in the past so I have no issues with them. Fender is great! The Wow Factor: I can't believe its not my 52 ri, if I could post a picture its almost impossible to tell them apart. Overall: This is a great telecaster, mine actually doesn't even look worn which is actually really cool to me. It doesn't have the excessive neck wear, it actually has none at all. Really thin coat of nitro, that will look awesome with a couple of years of wear. Very happy with this guitar.

"FINALLY...Fender got it right." submitted April 18, 2014

By Jack Action
Overall
Overall: If you're like me and have been wanting a Road Worn Tele but just couldn't get past the ridiculously inauthentic fretboard wear, your wait is over. Apparently in late 2012/early 2013 Fender finally gave up trying to "wear in" the fretboard and started just giving us a normal fretboard, and I can't say THANK YOU enough. This Tele is way more Closet Classic than Road Worn and I couldn't be happier. For me, this is THE quintessential Tele combo; ash body, maple neck with a butterscotch blonde nitro finish and a black guard. The jumbo frets, chunky neck, 7.25 radius and Tex-Mex pickups are welcome bonuses and I wouldn't change a thing. This is literally the Tele I've always wanted, and thanks to Fender for listening to their customers and finally toning down all the silly relicing. This is an amazing blank canvas: leave as is for a classic gently used vibe or start sanding away for your own personalized Road Worn look, the choice is yours and that's the way it should be. Thank you Fender!

"Great Tele!" submitted July 29, 2012

By Richard B in Mena, AR
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing guitar for 44 years and consider myself an advanced player.
Music Style: Country, classic rock, southern rock, blues, Texas blues.
Overall: First of all, let's get something straight. I don't like "relic" guitars. But after doing a lot of searching, this one was the only one that incorporated all of the features I wanted in a new Telecaster, so I bit the bullet and bought it anyway. I'm glad I did. The playability is terrific, the sound is great, and it is a premium Telecaster regardless of having been made in Mexico and regardless of being a "relic". I took half a star off under quality because the pickguard could have been fitted better and if you tilt your head and look down, the bridge route shows just a bit from under the edge of the bridge, but both of those items are small to the point of insignificance. I had planned to gut it and rewire it with some Fralins, but after receiving the guitar and playing it, I don't feel that is needed. The stock pickups are amongst the best I've heard. Tone and volume controls are both responsive, and all the change is not piled at one end as I've found on many stock guitars. Overall, this is certainly one of the "most bang for your buck" candidates from the Fender Telecaster line-up. It conjures the old pre-CBS Telecaster I played in the late 1960s very, very well. If you're looking for a traditional Telecaster, this one is highly recommended. The Wow Factor? Playability! This thing feels like an old friend right out of the box. Get one.

"This axe kicks A#@!!!!!!!" submitted July 14, 2011

By a customer from rocketmail.com
Musical Background: 26 years, Touring , Recording, Engineering
Music Style: Everything
Sound: Great sounding guitar. I have a 5150 2 high gain and it really sounds great through it. It gives me a lot of versatility in the band I am in. Feature: This is a real simple guitar. 2 pickups, one tone and one volume knob. Old school components with modern technology. nuff said Ease of Use: Real easy to use. Great playing neck(already worn in). I have a Ernie Ball with the worn in neck, cant tell the difference. Plays great. Tone and volume controls are real precise. Easy to set up and intonate. Quality: Great quality you would expect from Fender. Put together real well. Value: I think for this price you cant do better. I i have some great gear around this as well that cost a lot more. Manufacturer Support: Only had it a short time. The Wow Factor: The road worn look is b@%#$ss! It looks as good as it plays and sounds. Impressive. Overall: I couldn't imagine replacing this axe. Going to fit in nicely with my rig.

"People snub their noses at MIM guitars but they fail to realize they are SAME EXACT facility just a different location than the" submitted September 30, 2011

Overall
Musical Background: Active Touring Musician, "Recording Engineer, Singer, Songwriter, Studio Musician
Music Style: New Country, Classic Rock
Sound: The neck is beefy, the 6105 frets are ok. I believe this is the best new Telecaster Fender makes. Some may not like the fake relic job or the or that's it's a MIM, I have an American Standard and this guitar blows it away I sold it after I got this guitar. The Tex-Mex pick ups sound incredible through my Fender 73 Super Reverb, 60th Anniversary Tweed Blues Deville and my Hot Rod Deville all 4x10 amps using a Boss ME-50 unit for just a taste of overdrive.The neck sounds real warm and full, I was surprised that the bridge sounded big and that the high's weren't overbearing. Now I wasn't use to the big frets so I had mine leveled and the nut lowered but I knew this when I bought it and knew I would more likely have this done, This is a personal preference. I honestly believe that this is besides the Baja is the best Fender Tele you can get besides a Custom Shop. (I own 12 Fender tele's American, MIM, Korean, and Japanese Fender's) So I'm not just saying this, this Tele is that good. Another note: I bought the blond I love it but it looks nothing like the picture it is more yellow but still nice. The ASH body feels nice and NOT heavy and the NITRO finnish adds to it's authenticity (even though 505's tele's didn't come with Tex-Mex pickups but no complaints here). Feature: I was real disappointed that this guitar did not come with a case and only a gig bag. The kind of money you pay for this guitar they could have thrown in a case. That is why I gave it only an 8 for features. Ease of Use: It's a Tele, how hard could it be... Quality: It's a road worn but it is well made and sounds like a tone hog....Like I said I wasn't use to the big frets so I had mine leveled and the nut lowered but I knew this when I bought it and knew I would more likely have this done, AGAIN this is a personal preference. Value: This guitar IS worth the price but I still believe they could have included a case, who uses a gig bag? I would buy this guitar again if it were stolen without hesitation. Manufacturer Support: I've called Fender several times for questions about a few things I was planning on buying, You get a live person not an automated call or a voice mail, a real live person you can talk to and understand and willing to answering anything you throw at them. The Wow Factor: I think a lot of people think a tele is plain but I think they do have a sex appeal especially this road worn. Leo created the best style guitar ... the telecaster..Thank you Leo... Overall: I expect to keep this guitar for a very long time and will not part with it. Like I stated above I have many tele's and this one surpasses the Fender American Standards I have and for which I plan on selling, I don't play them anymore. I would buy this again and in fact plan on buying the tobacco burst/sunburst and a Baja Desert Sand.

"Feels like your favorite baseball mitt" submitted February 13, 2013

By tom m in turtle creek, PA
Overall
Musical Background: I have been playing for 25 years. I do play professionally.
Music Style: rock/blues/oldies/motown...
Overall: I never played a guitar that felt this good in my hands. I liked the idea or a worn in guitar, but didn't like that they all looked alike. When I finally picked one up to try out, it was all over. It's like your favorite shirt or baseball mitt . The pickups in this guitar sound better than most other teles I have tried. Great guitar and worth the money for me.I've had it for 9 months now, and I am thinking of another one for a backup.

"Best fender i've ever played" submitted December 3, 2012

By Scott Raffath in fargo, ND
Musical Background: long time
Music Style: classic rock, blues, jazz, soul, metal
Overall: I think this i s possibly the the best playing fender i've played. love it!!

"two thumbs down!" submitted May 15, 2014

By al h in friendship, WI
Overall
Musical Background: 40 years of the "band" thing.
Music Style: classic rock,very little country.
Overall: what a dissapointment.nothing like the pidture at all.this guitar was nothing but a standard mim tele with a little bit of rust on the bridge.i never even plugged it in,it went right back in the box.$799.00?dream on fender.

"RE: You have the wrong stock picture of this GTR on your site" submitted April 1, 2014

By Howie Batalsky in Orlando, FL
Overall
Overall: First you have to have the right picture on the site so you can send me the right GTR. You are showing an old picture of a Tele 50 worn MZ years. Fender is not making this GTR they way it is in the wrong picture on the web site. Fender is making the model year MX which the neck is a bit worn in and the body has NO worn spot at all. The body is also a Butter Stoch Tan not a blonde. Wrong GTR, played great but not the GTR I wanted, Set it back. Please fix the picture on the site to the right GTR you are selling.

"Fender MZ or MX code to get the most worn in 50's Tele." submitted March 6, 2014

By Howie Batalsky in Orlando, FL
Overall
Musical Background: 44 year playing GTR.
Music Style: Rock,
Overall: I just got this GTR. The stock picture on the site is wrong. The picture is from the Fender model year code MZ 2000 - 2010. The GTR I got is from the Fender model code MX 2010 and on. This GTR does not have the worn in look on the body at all. The neck is worn in but the body is Tan and does not have road worn on it all. If you want the real worn in look on these GTR you have to look on the Fender yellow sticker on the box for MZ code. This info came from Fender, I called them to get this figured out and they gave me the year codes.

"Fender Road Worn 50s Telecaster Guitar" submitted January 26, 2013

By Eric W
Musical Background: 35 yrs. - Strat/vocals - on stage as often as I can
Music Style: Blues, "Classic Rock" (my, how I hate that term), Jazz, Country
Overall: There are way too many excellent Teles in the world to deliberately purchase one this ugly. And having looked at the pictures offered, I realized that they are all pretty much identical. All of the scratches and "scars" are in the same place, regardless of color or finish. Obviously, this has nothing, at all, to do with zZounds. Y'all simply sell what is produced - I guess I just don't get it. I have some vintage underwear, with a hole scratched in exactly the same spot. I wonder what they'll bring on e-bay? Leo strived to make a great guitar - I just don't feel that this one honors his intent.

When you call, mention priority code 15G4-J457. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976