When you call, mention priority code 202-07FF

Rating and Reviews: Fender Road Worn 50s

Get an aged look for your sunburst strat that holds up to Fender's 50s specifications. It features Tex Mex single-coil pickups.

"find the right one and buy it now!" submitted January 26, 2010

By a customer from zruvogue.com
Musical Background: professional hobbiest
Music Style: pop rock ballads alternative art
Sound: OK..I don't know what the complainers were smoking, but this guitar is great!! IMHO. The sound is awesome...just like a strat should sound. This one sounded even better than the american standards I tried. I was considering the standard first, but this road worn one just blew it away. I would recommend staying with Fender 250R (10-46) strings. They really give the guitar that Fender strat sound. At first I changed strings to ernie ball slinky 10's, but it wasn't as good. I switched back to the Fender 250R's. Did some recordings going direct into the board...sounded killer. Feature: The guitar comes with a fender deluxe gigbag, polish cloth, allen wrench for saddle height, and a whammy bar with aged white tip. The tex-mex pickups sound great and the neck feels wonderful. The guitar feel comfortable, and not all that shiny new yuckiness. Ease of Use: in my opinion the playability is remarkable, abd again, the guitar has just the right weight and comfortable feel to it... Quality: I found the quality to be excellent, in my case. I have read where the necks are made in the USA but shipped to mexico for assembly onto the guitar (or some such). Everyone should know that most guitars need a little adjustment after purchase. I am a guitar tech and only had to do very minor adjustments for intonation...but that's about it. You have to go to the music stores and try them out...if you come across multiple lemons, then go to another store and try those others. You'll find one that matches your expectations sooner or later. it will be worth the hunt. Value: It's a great value... $899 is really topping out though...but if you can bargain down into the mid700's...that's a little easier to swallow. still cheaper than the american standards, although it seems there was a recent price reduction? anyway, Manufacturer Support: don't know...haven't used it. I would imagine it would be good. The Wow Factor: this guitar (after finding the right one) is really appealing. If you are an experienced guitarist, you will thoroughly enjoy this road worn 50's strat. It will inspire you. Overall: I expect to keep this strat... I have been thru multiple others, Fender and copies... but this one is a keeper. It's my friend already, and i just got it a few weeks ago.

"Best Buying Experience I've Ever Had" submitted March 4, 2016

By Christopher T in Auburn, CA
Overall
Musical Background: 20+ years. Have played, toured and recorded professionally. Primary instrument is guitar.
Music Style: Rock, Blues, Singer-Songwriter
Sound: The pickups are great! Plenty of range and simply sound great in any setting. Feature: The "Road Worn" work on this guitar is very interesting. Quite a bit of detail has gone into it. The sanding is first thing you notice but I would say is the least of the detail. Plastic parts are aged and even a bit of rust on the bridge. I believe it will just get better as I add my own wear and tear. Ease of Use: Its a strat - pretty straight forward. Neck is different for me but I think I will grow to love it. Quality: Solid quality build. I was a bit skeptical about purchasing a Mexican made guitar so didn't set my sights to high. This guitar exceeds my expectations and is of obvious good build quality. Value: Worth every penny not more. Its a fair deal in my opinion but not a great value. $899.99 is top of the range for this guitar. Manufacturer Support: No need to contact manufacturer yet. It's Fender so I expect customer service to be good. The Wow Factor: It's a little work of art. It's cool to know that probably several people personally put this guitar together and took the time to create the "Road Worn" look and feel. I love it Overall: zZounds made it so incredibly easy for me to order and receive my strat. I have ordered from all of the major online retailers but zZounds have been hands down the best experience. Ordering was easy, they broke my order into equal payments and 2 days later I received my strat. I have called twice for quick questions and a representative has picked up immediately and knew who I was from my phone number. No being put on hold, no hundred questions to answer just to ask one important question. My 50s Road Worn Strat showed up just as advertised. Packaged well and ready to go!

"50's Roadworn Strat" submitted April 9, 2014

By Richard Estro in Wading River, NY
Musical Background: Guitar Player
Music Style: Classic-Rock
Overall: Outstanding Guitar at any price. Some people do not like the road worn finish or MIM thing, however its all about the sound. I could care less how it looks....It has to be comfortable and produce the sound you need. Mine was delivered to my door in two days...A+ service in my book...Double boxed with all the accessories. I plugged her in and fired it up and just smiled. I lowered the action a bit as they come a little high and put her through about 30 songs in various styles. I could not be happier and that's what counts for me. I almost bought the American Standard and I am glad I bought this guitar instead. 6 lbs on the button, nice broken in feel, and even with Tex- Mex pickups she just rips through anything. You do not see a lot of these for sale (Used) and probably with good reason. Get one and smile.

"Roadworn May be a Gimmick but This Guitar is Anything But!" submitted March 22, 2016

By P A in New Orleans, LA
Musical Background: playing guitar and bass for over 40 years
Music Style: Blues-Rock, Classic Rock, Jazz Fusion, Folk Rock, Singer Songwriter, Hard Rock
Overall: I found this guitar on the floor of a guitar box store and thought it was a used for sale. Picked it up, plugged it in and fell in love. I have played Gibson SG's, LEs Paul's, Ovation Breadwinners (try and find those now) and Fender Telecaster but when I played this road-worn strat, I fell in love. Get past the stupid "Gee look how Neil Young it looks" (It does look cool but that doesn't make a lick of difference) The neck is a snip deeper and thinner and the worn off lacquer gives the neck a warm lived in feel - like your hand just belongs there. There are grooves in the natural places a blues or rocker would be spending quality time and this works to produce a few harmonic post that simply scream - or if you want to exercise a little Knopflereque restraint, put it between phase at the neck and just hear that distinctive Dire Straits sound - sustain with that Tex kick. On the bridge PU, this axe will scream and just make you want to stay up at the 12th bending up two tones because descending is so much fun. A great guitar makes it difficult to call it a day and this one is like that. Your hands feel at home and it simply has a lived in feel. Now, yes..I know that's artificial but let me tell you, if the concept of the Roadworn was not widely known and you just picked one of these up (and it was a good one...keep that in mind) you wouldn't be able to determine the country of origin. It's just the snob who cares that it's made in the USA. ..well, I won't go into the politics because I want everything to come back to being made here but you get the point - the build quality is solid and you will not go wrong with this instrument.

"Amazing Guitar!" submitted March 11, 2015

By Charlie Beck in GLENDALE, AZ
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing since I was 12. I can play everything. Toured in a band for awhile and now I have a studio at home.
Music Style: Rock, hard rock, metal and blues.
Overall: I've never been a big fan of the Telecaster body style until I saw the road worn. I was missing that fat tube sound for layering my guitar tracks and mainly for solos. I definitely found it here! Amazing guitar! I can't put it down. Fret work is clean and the pots are killer! This guitar is an irreplaceable addition to my collection. I do wish it would have been offered with a hard case though.

"50's roadworn straocaster" submitted August 27, 2015

By Jerome Oott in Novato, CA
Musical Background: Been palyng a long time. Played on 9 albums and CD's
Music Style: R&B, Blues, Rock 'n' Roll, Jazz, Funk
Overall: I received my strat within just a few days after order. I loved the sound of it from the start, and have gotten it back from set-up and love how it plays. Far superior to a regular, which IS cool, but not this cool. The shape of the neck is far better for my playiing, and the paint adds a lot of depth to the sound. Glad I waited and got what I wanted. It is as good as my friends recommended, and a great guitar, at a less than unreasonable price.

"Nice .....but ....." submitted December 11, 2012

By Greg Waddell in Sisters, OR
Musical Background: Playing 25 yrs. Guitar, jam at home
Music Style: Blues
Overall: I love the look and sound of this guitar. My problem, at least with the one I have, is the neck / fret detail or lack there of. The ends of the frets all protrude from both sides of the neck, just enough to catch my fingers and palm. Also the fret ends have not been finished and are sharp enough to cut. I had to use a filing wheel on a drill to smooth them off.

Fender Road Worn 50s Customer Review submitted January 15, 2009

Overall
Overall: Played a few at a local shop ... all sucked. The tone of the Tex-Mex is decent, but definitely not "vintage" as the looks of the guitar suggest. The 'aging' done on the was obviously amaturish and rushed. The worst part was that EVERY one played like crap - buzzy with mile-high action. A standard Mexican is a better guitar! I can't believe they are charging so much for these hunks of crap!
15 of 63 people (23.81%) found this review helpful. Did you?

When you call, mention priority code 202-07FF. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976