When you call, mention priority code 15G5-7P18

Rating and Reviews: Fender Road Worn 50s

Get an aged look for your sunburst strat that holds up to Fender's 50s specifications. It features Tex Mex single-coil pickups.

"find the right one and buy it now!" submitted January 26, 2010

By a customer from zruvogue.com
Musical Background: professional hobbiest
Music Style: pop rock ballads alternative art
Sound: OK..I don't know what the complainers were smoking, but this guitar is great!! IMHO. The sound is awesome...just like a strat should sound. This one sounded even better than the american standards I tried. I was considering the standard first, but this road worn one just blew it away. I would recommend staying with Fender 250R (10-46) strings. They really give the guitar that Fender strat sound. At first I changed strings to ernie ball slinky 10's, but it wasn't as good. I switched back to the Fender 250R's. Did some recordings going direct into the board...sounded killer. Feature: The guitar comes with a fender deluxe gigbag, polish cloth, allen wrench for saddle height, and a whammy bar with aged white tip. The tex-mex pickups sound great and the neck feels wonderful. The guitar feel comfortable, and not all that shiny new yuckiness. Ease of Use: in my opinion the playability is remarkable, abd again, the guitar has just the right weight and comfortable feel to it... Quality: I found the quality to be excellent, in my case. I have read where the necks are made in the USA but shipped to mexico for assembly onto the guitar (or some such). Everyone should know that most guitars need a little adjustment after purchase. I am a guitar tech and only had to do very minor adjustments for intonation...but that's about it. You have to go to the music stores and try them out...if you come across multiple lemons, then go to another store and try those others. You'll find one that matches your expectations sooner or later. it will be worth the hunt. Value: It's a great value... $899 is really topping out though...but if you can bargain down into the mid700's...that's a little easier to swallow. still cheaper than the american standards, although it seems there was a recent price reduction? anyway, Manufacturer Support: don't know...haven't used it. I would imagine it would be good. The Wow Factor: this guitar (after finding the right one) is really appealing. If you are an experienced guitarist, you will thoroughly enjoy this road worn 50's strat. It will inspire you. Overall: I expect to keep this strat... I have been thru multiple others, Fender and copies... but this one is a keeper. It's my friend already, and i just got it a few weeks ago.

"50's Roadworn Strat" submitted April 9, 2014

By Richard Estro in Wading River, NY
Musical Background: Guitar Player
Music Style: Classic-Rock
Overall: Outstanding Guitar at any price. Some people do not like the road worn finish or MIM thing, however its all about the sound. I could care less how it looks....It has to be comfortable and produce the sound you need. Mine was delivered to my door in two days...A+ service in my book...Double boxed with all the accessories. I plugged her in and fired it up and just smiled. I lowered the action a bit as they come a little high and put her through about 30 songs in various styles. I could not be happier and that's what counts for me. I almost bought the American Standard and I am glad I bought this guitar instead. 6 lbs on the button, nice broken in feel, and even with Tex- Mex pickups she just rips through anything. You do not see a lot of these for sale (Used) and probably with good reason. Get one and smile.

"Nice .....but ....." submitted December 11, 2012

By Greg Waddell in Sisters, OR
Musical Background: Playing 25 yrs. Guitar, jam at home
Music Style: Blues
Overall: I love the look and sound of this guitar. My problem, at least with the one I have, is the neck / fret detail or lack there of. The ends of the frets all protrude from both sides of the neck, just enough to catch my fingers and palm. Also the fret ends have not been finished and are sharp enough to cut. I had to use a filing wheel on a drill to smooth them off.

Fender Road Worn 50s Customer Review submitted January 15, 2009

Overall
Overall: Played a few at a local shop ... all sucked. The tone of the Tex-Mex is decent, but definitely not "vintage" as the looks of the guitar suggest. The 'aging' done on the was obviously amaturish and rushed. The worst part was that EVERY one played like crap - buzzy with mile-high action. A standard Mexican is a better guitar! I can't believe they are charging so much for these hunks of crap!
15 of 61 people (24.59%) found this review helpful. Did you?

When you call, mention priority code 15G5-7P18. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976