When you call, mention priority code 15TY-P1N7

Rating and Reviews: Fender Road Worn Strat

The Fender Road Worn '60s Stratocaster offers a recreation of a classic Strat for a great price. With vintage looks, the Road Worn '60s Stratocaster rocks.

Fender Road Worn Strat Customer Review submitted January 26, 2011

Overall
Sound: i purchased off zzounds a few months ago i however saw it for a lower price and zzounds was generous enough to match their competition. As for the guitar it is definitely worth every penny the playability right out of the box is supurb. The action and intonation was spot on. and the nitrocellose finish really does make a difference in tone. The relic job is done nice but a bit excessive with the neck but it sure feels great. i used this guitar with the vox vt 30 and i must say it does sound amazing.the cleans are clean and you can get a really nice rock tone out of the guitar. however if you plan on playing metal or anything with excessive amounts of gain and disortion this guitar is not for you. i originally wanted a 62 reissue but this 60's strat is just as good only difference to me is just the pickups,the wiring and that it has a 5 way pick up selector as opposed to the 3 way on the 62 reissue so if you want a vintage tone and feel without having to sell your car. the fine people in mexico have done a wonderful job in putting together this instrument. it features American parts and is assembled in mexico. keep in mind that the action must be a little high because it has a smaller neck radius which is wonderful for people with smaller hands. Feature: the accessories included was a standard fender gig bag i wish it came with a hard shell case since this is a rather expensive guitar Ease of Use: very easy to get rock and bluesy tones.out of this guitar but for metal you may have to look elsewhere or swap the pickups out for something with more output Quality: the guitar was built well i had a little issue with a loose input jack but that was tightened up in less than 3 minutes. this guitar is perfect to gig with.its a low cost investment for a premium guitar you wont have to worry about damaging. Value: for what your paying. its an excellent value, the quality and relic job is worth at least twice the price.and the amount of attention is just amazing. Manufacturer Support: no i have not contacted fender The Wow Factor: its a sexy old school guitar

"Road Worn Strat (Olympic White)" submitted March 13, 2014

By Mike G in Tucson, AZ
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing guitar for 6 yrs, play in a local original band.
Music Style: Alt Funk Rock similar to: RHCP, Ratatat, Janelle Monae
Sound: I had a REALLY hard time trying to figure out if I should keep the Tex/Mex or go with my Antiquites, ultimately it came down to this: the Antiquity II bridge pickup imho is better than the Tex/Mex bridge so that was the only reason I didn't keep the Tex/Mex, they definitely sounded good though, if I hadn't been able to do a side by side, they might still be in there right now, the neck pickup sounded really good I recall, really full and slightly dirty as you'd expect (definitely that classic single coil sound), I did not expect them to sound that good. Feature: The wear on this guitar right now looks generic to me, this guitar is replacing my main strat I had which was a 2002 highway one, that thing was legitimately beat up and it looks awesome with all the little nicks and dings in it. There are parts worn on the Road Worn in places you wouldn't really expect to see wear. Aside from the generic worn parts, this guitar looks pretty incredible, I don't understand why I didn't get a whammy bar to go with it though. Ease of Use: I have to talk about comfort here, ease of use is subjective, it really comes down to how much you've practiced I think lol, anyway it's very easy to use, it has the 5 way switch, not really sure what else to say there but the neck feels great to me, I keep feeling uneasy like it's all of a sudden not going to feel awesome anymore but I have anxiety sometimes like that when something seems too good to be true. Quality: American made in Mexico, doesn't really get better than that, not for the price anyway. Also the thin nitro coat pretty much guarantees it will look super awesome and beat much faster and now that the Highway One series is done, this is your best bet to get that old look and feel. Value: This guitar is worth the price straight out the package, with the stock pickups and all however and this is the last time I'll bring this up, you'd think they could afford to give you a whammy bar for the price, what is up with that??? Manufacturer Support: Haven't had to deal with them but then again I've had it under a year so... TBD for now =) The Wow Factor: It is a nice conversation piece, my bandmates love it, the off-white color looks awesome, the body and the pickguard as well as the pieces over the pickups. The headstock even has a couple dings in it too true to form, the back of the neck really sells it though, when you hold it, it just has a worn feel that I'd never felt before. Overall: Initial reaction, this guitar feels really good, looks amazing! The neck specifically has been sanded down or something so it has a real raw feel, it's really good and it feels great. This is a very comfortable guitar to play, the Tex/Mex pickups are really good too, I had to do a side by side comparison with my SD Antiquities II (Surf) to figure out which I was going with, I stayed with my SD pups but they gave them a run for their money. I was expecting it to look a bit more beat up than what they did to it so I'll have to get it looking really vintage with some elbow grease, also the part that looks worn from the strumming hand actually goes down to the wood, I thought it would go through the finish and show it worn but not to the wood, in any case I was concerned it might not feel too comfortable, I was wrong, it doesn't make a difference in comfort, it still feels great to play it. Also it didn't come with a whammy bar, I was disappointed with that too.

"I love my 60s Road Worn Strat!" submitted January 12, 2011

By a customer from live.com
Overall
Sound: This Strat is a very good product and I am proud to own it. My "Hats Off" to the folks in Mexico that produced it. It sounds great with my Marshall amp. I rate the sound as a "9" due to the single wound pick-ups but I will probably upgrade it to a set of Kinman no-hum pick-ups. Feature: It came wth a "gig bag" soft case of decent quality but the money I saved on the Strat Zounds allowed me to upgrade to a nice hard case. Thank you zZounds! Ease of Use: I get all of the sound that I would expect from a Strat. Biting highs to hard thumping lows. Quality: Excellent Quality. Value: Good product. Good price. Great value. Manufacturer Support: No probs. If I did, I'm sure that Fender backs up their products with a good warranty. The Wow Factor: It's babe-alicious. Overall: I expect to own and play this guitar forever. I have always wanted a Strat and love the looks and sounds that come from the "road worn series". I would definitely buy another one if something happened to it.

"Vintage feel for with a vinatage price." submitted February 22, 2010

By a customer from bigpond.com
Overall
Musical Background: Hobbyist / Would be active musician.
Music Style: Blues / rock.
Sound: I didn't like the sound. To me the TexMex pickups choked the brightness and twang out of the guitar, while it left the bass muddy and undefined. For a supposed vintage replica it didn't sound like it should. However, with the Kinman pickups, it is a transformation that is well worth the extra expense. I use it through a Fender Blues Junior, and a Fender Evil Twin 100 watt. I also use it through a reissue Ibanez TS-808 and original Cry Baby Wah, and occasionally through a Boss ME20 effects pedal for recording. I'm predominately in to electric blues and rock. With the noiseless Kinman's, this guitar is now perfect for giging and recording. My tip is buy the Roadworn, throw the texmex in the rubbish, and get some Kinman's, and then a Callaham S vintage steel bridge and trem. Have a listen to the sound files at Kinman's web site... Feature: For the price I was dissapointed that it didn't come with the trem bar, and who cares about the cheap as chips gig bag. The body is a three piece body, of acceptable quality wood. The neck wood is more that satisfactory. And the finish is nice, in it's roadworn way. The hardware is acceptable, but I chose to take it up a level or two. But that is personal taste. Ease of Use: Well to qualify what I'm saying about this guitar a friend of mine has two genuine L series strats, and I've played both, and know what they sound and feel like. Well after plugging in my newly purchased 60's Roadworn in to my Fender 'Evil Twin' amp and playing for a few days I was astounded to find that the stock TexMex pickups were as dead as a post! Somehow the pickups managed to kill off any semblance of vintage strat tone. I also have an early 80's Japanese Squire with early Seymour Duncan vintage strat pickups, and it sounded infinitely better. So what did I do? I got myself a set of Kinman Hx noiseless 'blues' pickups and a K9 solderless harness. The result? Vintage strat heaven! The TexMex tone wreckers are still on the floor in the corner. Quality: Like the previous reviewer the first thing I noticed was that the neck had a serious case of 'braille' frets. I noticed it was six months out of the factory when I got it, so there may have been some shrinkage, so it was out with the wifes fingernail buffers, and in less than an hour I had fixed the problem to perfection, and now it plays like the neck is nearly 50 years old and glass smooth. Other than that, the 'roadworn' finish on the 60's sunburt was 100 percent spectacularly authentic looking. And I can qualify that because it was directly compared to a genuine rosewood necked sunburst L series strat. From 10 feet you would not be able to tell the difference in age at all unless you knew which was which. But of course there is a $30,000 difference! Yes, you could use and abuse this guitar on the road, without going grey haired worrying about your $30K investment getting damaged, or stolen, and that I think is the entire point. It has the looks, the tone (with the Kinman's), but not the price. How long will a 60's roadworn last? As long as you want it to. And in my opinion it can only get better with age and more 'tweaking'. Value: If you have ever wanted a vintage L series Strat, but didn't want to sell both your kidneys, then this is as cheap an option as you are ever going to get, other than stealing one. Seriously, I don't think there is any point forking out almost four times the cost of this Mexican produced roadworn for a Custom Shop replica. Save your money and get some Kinman pickups, and a Callaham bridge, and enjoy your almost $30K worth of vintage tone. Manufacturer Support: The upgrades I did were purely my choice. I wasn't prepared to muck around with the TexMex pickups at all. But I have to say the Kinman Hx Blues set is the ducks guts, especially if you intend to record, and want to get rid of the 60khz humming. The next mod I am going to do is chuck the bridge and muck metal trem block, in favour of an all steel vintage S Callaham unit. That's the trick with Strats, anybody who can pick up a screwdriver can mod them. The Wow Factor: What honest to goodness Strat player hasn't lusted or entertained the thought of owning an original 60's pre CBS L series Stratocaster??!! Well this is a cost effective opportunity to hold a dream in your hands. Overall: If it was stolen, I'd go looking for it, and shoot the bastard who stole it! And if I couldn't find him, I would not hesitate to go and buy another one. After all, the next option is the Custom Shop relics, and 4X the price! I just wish that the neck had the braille frets removed. It wouldn't take much, just dry the wood out more in the factory before fretting. But I can see where the problem came from. Those poor Mexicans must be flogging themselves to get enough of these fast selling replica's out the door that they are cutting corners of kilning the wood!

"Great guitar, good value..." submitted February 16, 2010

By a customer from sio.midco.net
Music Style: Rock and Blues Guitar
Sound: The sound, both acoustically and when plugged into an amp are excellent for this guitar. The light nitrocellulose lacquer finish really allows the instrument to resonate in way that is lacking on the polyurethane finished strats. I use this strat specifically for playing the blues. At home or in the studio I play it through a 1967 Fender Super Reverb with a homemade TS808. On stage I run it through a Fender Deluxe VM, and mic that out to the PA. Some minor adjustments to the Tex-Mex pickups height paid dividends in terms of a more focused sound in each of the available positions. Feature: The guitar included a gig bag, a tremolo bar, and few other miscellaneous items. At the current price point, I would of course prefer that the guitar came with a hard shell case. Ease of Use: Strats are very easy to use, and use of a manual is obviously not required. As with any guitar, finding one that plays well is key - modifications such as different pickups, pots and even wiring are typical with any guitar. I do however like the way this guitar sounds as is. Quality: I am impressed with the build quality of the 60's road worn series. Out of the box the guitar was set up decently. The fret edges however were very jagged requiring about an hour of filing on my part. If you're not comfortable with this type of work it might cost you $45-$70 to have the work done for you. I should add that I bought the guitar and had it shipped to the northern US during a very cold spell in February. Wood shrinks, and so I don't necessarily blame the vendor for sending out a guitar with obvious issues. Value: I think it is worth the price. The old argument that you should never pay this much for a mexican guitar is ridiculous. The craftsmanship is in my opinion right on par with the American strats. Manufacturer Support: I have never dealt with Fender before, although I have owned many fender products over the years, including about a half dozen stratocasters. I cannot comment on their customer service. The Wow Factor: Sex Appeal? Naw, this guitar has practical application for stage and recording work. Overall: Overall, this is a great guitar for the money. It feels pre-worn, almost pre-loved, and I have already bonded with it. My Les Pauls are jealous. If it were stolen, I'd but another. It will play a considerable role in both live and studio situations, and for the money I don't think there's much out there that compares. Remember, all guitars generally need a user-specific set-up, and this one is no different.

"Fender Mexico Custom Shop Guitar" submitted January 7, 2011

Music Style: Blues, Alternatice, Classic Rock
Sound: The sound is amazing but there is room for more. Tex Mex pickups sounds about 10x better then those Japanese pickups that come in Jazzmasters, Mustang and Jaguars as they end up usually wired as a Strat Pickup. The Tex Mex sure has more output and sounds about the same twang for a 60s guitar but not enough for heavy music but great for bluesy stuff. I will probably get some Texas Specials or Antiquity II from Seymour Duncan and slap them on when I get some money but these Tex Mex will probably stay on if I grow into them. I play from Blues, Alternative Rock and Classic 60/70s music and this guitar gets it done. The alder wood vibrantly flows with my body and hand and in my soul and I get that sound I always want from a Strat. When I got it, I played for about 3-4 hours straight. It takes pedals really well too. I ran Boss DS-1, FZ-3, CE-2, DM-2 and PH-1r and it sounds amazing. If you don't like 60 cycle humming guitars don't get this unless you appreciate the hum because adding a Noiseless Hot or Vintage will just kill the sound. The Strat sounds about 3x better then the Mexican Standard and about a inch better then American Standard. Sounds amazing through a Crate VFX5112 and I will record with it sound and I'm sure I wont be disappointed. Feature: Came with manual, sticker, guitar tags and vibrato arm along with lacquer maintenance guide like Gibson brings and a gigbag which I gave away as I have a spare case for the Strat and the bags usually are crappy. The guitar feature that I love the most has to be the frets Narrow and Tall 6105. They make easier for bending. Its like having a beat up Strat get refretted like Stevie Ray Vaughan's Strat basically. The neck is so smooth since it was aged and it has no gloss my hands don't get sticky and stuck sliding up and down the fretboard. The vintage 7.25 neck radius is my true love since I play rhythm it gets the chording done and if I have to play lead I can work my way around the guitar. The 25.5 scale is amazing as it gives that extra twang since it is long. The pickup switches and vibrato system work fine even though being aged. Its a typical Strat and it is as it should. The Strat stays in tune perfectly even as times when using the tremolo it does get a little out of wack but it goes back into tune with no problem. Ease of Use: Plug and Play that is all I have to say. Set your tone and volume and knobs and let it rip. Quality: Wow this is my 2nd Mexican Fender Guitar (Jazzmaster BLacktop) and I have to say this guitar is like Mexico's Fender Custom Shop guitar. Me being Mexican American was ashamed of Mexico's Quality from the Blacktop with sharp fret that weren't smoothed, high action, loose bridge screws, to much relief in the neck and I got the Blacktop with Tone knob in the Volume knob and vice versa. The Strat is amazing, perfectly relic'd no sharp frets, knobs in right place, amazing action, prefect relief, exact pickup height and the guitar is great as Im sure its the only Mexican Lacquer guitar available for this price. I got he Olympic White as it was the only one available (I would of love to get the Sunburst and a Black Pickguard) and it nicely dinged up the way my guitars usually end up but since Fender uses Gloss Polyester or Urethane on there guitars I never get my guitar to wear out as my Lacquered Gibson Standard Goldtop does. Value: It goes for $899 but thanks to zZounds low price match I got it for about 25% lower and with zZounds 4 equal payment plans, I bought it now and I can pay it off equally without having to think about the whole price right now being billed so I get to pay it off without problem and avoiding a few Interest Charges. Manufacturer Support: zZounds is the best they always are available to help me, but I have rated support a 1 because Fender never responded back to me about the Blacktop Jazzmaster I bought. I plan not to contact them about this Road Worn since it is amazing. The Wow Factor: The guitar screams get it me if you are a real guitar player like me. A guitar player never questions the cosmetic condition about the guitar its all about it being able to handle the play without it falling apart mid gig. Fender Mexican Plant did a good job and this the cream of the crop. (Keep Them Coming) Overall: This is the Single Coil guitar I will use from now on. I've owned 13 guitars and this one really is what I think is the best for being a non American one. I will buy another if anything happens to this one, no questions asked unless I find the son of a gun who took it from me. This guitar gets me the sound I was from a Single Coil anything heavier I will go for any other guitar with humbuckers but from the playing I did with my pedals, I think this Strat can carry that load. Lastly, I found it funny the first 6 number of the serial number is thr same as my birthday's month and date but one year before I was born and the last 2 digits is the caliber of my all time favorite gun.

When you call, mention priority code 15TY-P1N7. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976