When you call, mention priority code 1605-RKN4

Rating and Reviews: Eric Johnson Stratocaster

The tone guru's own Strat boasts a custom-contoured 2-piece alder body with a thin nitrocellulose finish, and a quarter-sawn maple neck in a soft V shape.

"Best guitar i've played in 40 years..." submitted August 9, 2007

Musical Background: Retired former sudio musician
Sound: Every model of guitar has its own unique sound. A good guitarist can make an average guitar sound good. To create oustanding music you need a quality precision instrument. This guitar makes an average guitarist sound great and a good guitarist create perfection. Feature: Genuine Fender Hard Case with keys, Fender Mist and Wipe Finish Enhancer, Fender Strap,and Polish Cloth are included. Ease of Use: I have played the guitar for over 40 years and have found some guitar necks to be too thick with extremely wide frets making it difficult to reach 7 frets on some bar chords. This is not the case with the Eric Johson Model Strat'. Quality: This is a quality crafted precision musical instrument. It is well worth the $2,000 I spent to buy mine. Value: If this guitar was $3,500 I would still buy it. Overall: I own 7 electric guitars and this guitar has become my favorite guitar in only one month. I own other guitars that are valued 3 times what I paid for this guitar. I am grateful the salesman asked me if I had tried this guitar. I wholeheartedly recommend this guitar.

"I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEE THIS GUITAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" submitted January 18, 2007

By a customer from socal.rr.com
Overall
Musical Background: long time musician and song writer
Music Style: rock, jazz, blues
Sound: This guitar has a sparkle and beautiful clarity to it. It can sound down and funky, it does it all, but all of the tones are distinctive, interesting and expressive. Feature: The quarter sawn neck feels and looks fantasticl and really adds to the sustain. This guitar came set up so well right out of the box that I couldn't believe it. It's as if Eric Johnson's perfectionist nature even covered the setup of these guitars. Ease of Use: There is no learning curve with this guitar. You have it on the first note. It felt like I'd been playing it for five years the first time I played it. Quality: This guitar comes with a great vintage style solid as a brick classic case. The guitar I received is flawless. It is so comfortablly balanced and the lines are so clean. This guitar just feels like it is at the state of the craft. I have vintage guitars that are worth so much more, but they don't play like this one. They don't sound like this one, and they don't look like this one. Value: This guitar is worth every penny to me because it is so good. I really really have a hard time seeing how any good guitar player would not love this guitar. The neck is thicker than some, I suppose that could be a negative to some, but wow, I love it and the sound that this guitar gets is so fantastic, I can imagine our friend Eric and our friends at Fender spent hundreds of hours fine tunning this one. Manufacturer Support: No problems to deal with. The Wow Factor: This guitar is destined to become a classic in my opinion if it isn't already because it's so right. Design that is straightforward and is exactly what it needs to be to do it's job is what stands the test of time. That completely describes this guitar. Overall: This guitar is a lifetime guitar. This is not the kind of guitar I can ever imagine growing tired of. Ever!!!!!!!!!!

"Eric Johnson Strat" submitted February 13, 2014

By Mark S in Kettering, OH
Overall
Musical Background: I have been playing guitar for 28 years. I also play bass, drums and harmonica
Music Style: Rock and blues
Overall: What can I say. If your looking for the best strat you have ever played this is it. I love everything about this guitar. Craftsmanship,tone and beauty just like a 57' Right out of the case no set up what so ever and I am in love.... I have many guitars including a custom shop Tele and this strat is my #1

"Fender Eric Johnson Maple Stratocaster" submitted March 13, 2014

By Michael Nunez in Austin, TX
Musical Background: 20 years playing professionally and jam at home
Music Style: Rock, Alt, Metal, Classic Rock
Overall: This is one amazing Stratocaster. I am digging the sound and feel of this ax. The action was setup perfectly right out of the case it shipped with. The neck and frets are bigger than I am use to, due to the fact I play mostly Parkers, but still feels great in my small hands. This is the first strat I have ever fell in love with and is now my main guitar.

"The PRS of Strats..." submitted April 22, 2011

Music Style: Blues, Rock, Alternative
Sound: The pickups are nice and really custom shop items but they are not my favorites. Feature: The EJ strat is one of a kind... excellent! Ease of Use: Plays so sweet... feels great! Quality: Really a custom shop item by the time you add in all of EJ's upgrades. Value: They do cost but they are worth it... Manufacturer Support: Haven't had to for any reason... The Wow Factor: I have the 2 tone sunburst and it looks great. Nice tint to the neck... definately old vibes at work. Overall: The best Strat for the money... Old style with many new upgrades.

"High quality strat" submitted June 16, 2014

By Mark L in Sanford, FL
Overall
Musical Background: Playing for 40 years. Hobby only now...
Music Style: Rock, blues.
Overall: Those that complain about the fit of the instrument clearly didn't do their homework prior to making a purchase. This guitar has a chunky V shaped '57 style neck with a modern compound radius. It sings when plugged into a good tube amp. Pickups may seem a bit on the light side at low volumes, but when overridden, they really perform well.Quality built instrument, no cosmetic issues. Highly recommended! No Mfg. Support needed.

"Very, very nice only one thing" submitted October 31, 2012

By j marshall in puppersville, AZ
Overall
Overall: The guitar has a great metallic twang to it. I love it. But the whammi bar wont screw in. Anyone else have that problem or have a fix? Mlnx at k.st thx

"Not loving it" submitted December 6, 2012

By Dave S in king of Prussia, PA
Musical Background: Playin 40 years
Music Style: Rock, blues, country
Overall: I own several Fender and Gibson guitars. Bought this 2 weeks ago. 1 neck is sticky2 its NOT light.. about 8 pounds 3 neck is Not a soft V its more a log, too thick4 Pickups are good at low volume and Much Much better cranked5 Frets are to low6 string tension way too stiff

"Two Thumbs up for sound and playability, plus Great value" submitted May 21, 2008

By a customer from securebin.com
Music Style: All
Sound: First of all for the sound, is what it is.... meaning that if your looking for a clean sounding fender tweaked to Eric Johnson's sound then this is your machine... I do not have experience compared to other stratocaster's but it sound s awesome connected to my Egnater half stack. keep in mind no Metallica but half the other generation of rock like the stones to red hot chili peppers it's right on. Feature: It comes with a very nice case and even a retro guitar strap and cable (how cool). Ease of Use: The neck is the best that I have played (compared to high end Gibson's and Jackson's). More rounded on the lower frets (makes hitting chords feel sweet) and flatter on the higher one - where you can pick up some more speed. Quality: This is really a fine musical instrument so a pro setup is a must (at your local guitar shop). Mine came a little out of whack (the High E was off - meaning the neck was miss-aligned). But after the setup it was right on.... Also I expect this quality guitar to be worth more in 10 years from now so I'm treating it like a investment. Value: Seems like a much better value than a custom stratocaster costing much more. Manufacturer Support: Have not used. The Wow Factor: Own it. Overall: I would recommend to anyone looking for this type of sound amn awesome playing machine

"didn't live up to the hype!!" submitted December 8, 2005

Music Style: rock, blues
Sound: great sound Quality: fret work was a little sloppy, neck was not quite right. flawless paint job. pick guard was a little warped - lifted off the body at several locations. plug receptical wobbled a bit. Value: american strat is a better value and quality and sounded the same as th E. this quitar shouldn't cost more than the other artist series guitars. The Wow Factor: i wanted one before i played it, now not so sure

"The Eric Johnson Model Stratacaster has killer tone and playability." submitted July 30, 2006

Musical Background: Active Musician, I have been playing guitar for 35 years
Music Style: Blues, Classic Rock,Southern Rock
Sound: The sound is the main reason I purchased it. It has that classic strat sound. Killer tone. I wished that it had noisless pickups, I was surprised when I learned that it did not! Feature: The guitar came with a beautiful custom Fender case, it also came with a 10' guitar jack and a really cheezie guitar strap. The guitar components are your tipical Fender hardware that I feel is adequate. I love the tuning machines, the slotted poles make re-stringing it a breeze. Ease of Use: The guitar has great playability, however, I have small hands(short fingers) and would have prefered a slimmer neck/radius. Quality: The overall quality is good. I am not in love with the pick guard it is not befiiting such a beautiful guitar. My main complaint is that the E(1st) string does not sit exactly over the center of the bridge pickup pole piece which causes the string to sound dead.I have to slide the bridge saddle over to compensate for this defect. I have written Fender and I am waiting for a reply about this problem. Value: I think that it is overpriced, it shouldn't cost more than any of the other artist series guitars. Manufacturer Support: The jury is still out on this one. I want to see if Fender is going to address and resolve the fore mentioned problem I am having with the misaliginment of the E string over the pickup pole. The Wow Factor: I like the look, clasic tabacco burst,tinted maple neck. I also love the fact that it is light in weight/easy on the back. Overall: I expect to have this guitar for a long time.It sounds and plays as good as any Fender Stratacaster I have owned,heard or played.If it were lost or stolen I would replace it with a Fender Strat model that has noisless pickups and a slimmer neck.I wish I had known that the pickups weren't noisless.What I like the most is the tone,killer tone! What I like the least are the noisey pickups.

When you call, mention priority code 1605-RKN4. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976