When you call, mention priority code 15TT-DY4T

Rating and Reviews: Fender Highway One Tele

The Fender Highway One Maple Telecaster is a modern classic. With super-size frets and 70s styling, the Highway One Maple Telecaster really stands out.

"#1 Tele in my life - the best from the U.S." submitted January 2, 2011

Overall
Musical Background: professional musician and instructor
Music Style: rock, country, blues, pop, classical, metal
Sound: The tone and versatility of sounds from this tele was one of the main reasons I bought it. I handles various styles, I use it through Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Ltd Edition amp (celstion 30, 6L6 tubes) I play it also through a Soldano 50watt half stack, I use various effects such as EH LPB1 to boost the signal into an overdrive, sometimes with a Krank Distortion pedal. The sound of the tele is very transparent so it lets you hear what ever effects, overdrives, it lets you hear the sound of your amps. It is very clear like that, also my favorite thing about the tele's sound is how well it cleans up if you roll back the volume, I also play a Les Paul and its much harder to clean up than the tele. Finally the greasebucket control does work like they say it does, very useful in case the tone gets too bright. Feature: Like I mentioned the greasebucket feature was very useful, the way the tone cleans up is useful, and the versatility between switching pickups creates more than enough tones if you know how to use them. I find myself mostly using both pickups together, and sometimes just the bridge pickup, i rarely use just the neck pickup. The white pickgaurd was quite plain though and I replaced it with a more stylish one. Ease of Use: It's a very simple guitar to use, in my opinion. One volume, one tone, 3 way pickup switch. No tremolo or anything, just your basic approach to guitar construction, very traditional, I even love the 3 saddle bridge - I thought that may give me trouble but it hasn't it was very easy to get it set right. Quality: Quality seems quite good, the finish is thin and therefore chips easily, but I understand that it is actually designed that way so it quickly gets a worn-in look. None of the actual components have broken though, everything works perfectly well and I have had it for about 2 years now. Value: American made, quality components, great sound and very USEFUL guitar. I play in several bands, several different styles, and I teach at a music school, and this has become my #1 utility guitar because it can handle everything, its not cumbersome or too heavy, its just right. Manufacturer Support: n/a The Wow Factor: I would say it does not have much sex appeal at first. Unless you are a real telecaster fan, it's a very basic looking guitar, especially with the matte finish, I got mine in matte black. But the addition of an aftermarket pickgaurd totally transformed it into an awesome guitar, and I would recommend to anyone to customize it somehow to improve its looks. Overall: This guitar covers a lot of ground for me, I can teach with it, I can gig with it. I can get rock, country, blues tones from it. If I need to get a heavier sound I switch to my Les Paul. This telecaster I've noticed sounds better live than on recording, but then again doesn't everything sound better live? haha - overall it's a great guitar I'm glad I own it.

"Tele like it is..." submitted February 20, 2010

By a customer from windstream.net
Musical Background: Former Road Warrior
Music Style: Rock, Alternative, Southern Rock, Blues and then some
Sound: This really surprised me. I was expecting some real twang having never owned a Tele before. What I got was this pretty incredible fat punch. I would describe as in between a stock USA Strat and an LP. My Strats are twangier than this unassuming beast. Being a Gibson LP player for 30 yrs, I can appreciate this combination. Twas a nice surprise. Feature: First thing is to buy a case for it. The gig bag is nice, but I have no use for them. Just a standard Tele... not much in the way of features except a ballsy, punchy sound. Ease of Use: Plays great. Once i set the neck up and got the intonation dialed, it's a pleasure to play. I got it 3 days ago and haven't put it down yet. Quality: Good heft, nice and solid. I think I like the matte nitro finish more than the usual inch thick USA Fender standard finish. The pickups are very strong and punchy. This was a big surprise. And, once again, another blemished diamond in the rough deal from Zzounds! It should be a prerequisite when buying a guitar, that you know how to set up the thing when you get it and not expect perfection outta the box. But, on the other hand, if everyone knew how to properly set up a guitar, these blemished deals may not exist. It had some string & pickup height issues, intonation was whacked and the neck needed an 8th of a turn clockwise. This thing rocks now. Value: This gets a 10 because it's an American Tele for $699 (Zzounds list price)! Even with the Fender molded case, it's only $799. Toss in the fact that it was a blemished deal and a half from Zzounds (roughly 28% off Zzounds list), and the value factor is off the charts in a very positive way. What was basically a "what the heck, I've never had a Tele and this price is too easy to pass up" kinda deal, I'm extremely pleased. Zzounds, YOU ROCK AGAIN! Manufacturer Support: It always the best when you don't need it. The Wow Factor: It's a Tele... not as sexy as the LP or even the Strat, but it is a rock solid guitar. There was never anything more than a "why not" decision to buy it. I've never had one nor had the urge to own... glad I did it now. Not to mention, it adds another head to the stable. Overall: Great purchase and deal from Zzounds. Awesome experience again and quick, safe shipping!

"Distinctive sound, fast neck, simple classic design. I love this thing." submitted July 18, 2008

Music Style: Everything except crap rap
Sound: I mostly bought the Tele out of curiosity and at first I had buyer's remorse. I have short fingers and they don't span the Tele as easily as the Les Paul, so it took some getting used to, but, a couple of months ago I noticed how easy it was to get that "grizzle" or "cutting" sound out of the bridge pickup and started using it for doing lead on a couple of songs where the rhythm guy was using a Gibson SG, which sounded like a Freight Train. The distinctive Tele was a good fit with the SG. After several jam sessions, I have turned to my group and said: "I love this Tele." Feature: My favorite components are the knobs, and the tuning keys. The are smooth, adjust the sound in a consistent way, and hold the position well. Ease of Use: This thing is so simple. There is not a bunch of junk on it. Basic bridge and neck pickups. Basic look. Quality: I knew this guitar was worth every dime I paid for it when I discovered that by going back and forth between my les paul and my Tele somehow raised my expectation of what the fingers could do. The Tele is so FAST because of its smooth Fretboard, I'm not worried about destroying my fingers with a lot of sliding. So I always dare to try to do more on the Tele. Then when I go back to the les paul, my brain-to-finger speed and movements have accepted that I can do more. Value: If I could have this Tele, or a LP Studio, which is a couple of hundred dollars more, I would get the Tele. It is just to valuable to me. Great value for the price. The Wow Factor: This Tele is definitely sexy. It is clean looking and simple and well proportioned. Overall: I would consider selling this Tele if my fingers were cut off, or maybe if electricity disappeared forever.

"Made to be Played--USA Tele" submitted October 22, 2006

By a customer from ptd.net
Musical Background: 40 years, active, recording
Music Style: Classic rock, blues
Sound: Super "hot" new fender pickups used on Highway One models, maintains all the original tele twang, but adds a more sublte roundness to the sound, much nicer. These pickups are overwound to be more friendly for distortion for rock use. You can play any type of music from Hagard to Hendrix without a problem. This tele also has the new Grease Bucket circuitry to roll of tone highs without adding bass, really another very nice tough. Feature: Best features are the hot new pickups, jumbo frets for smoother playability and easier string bends, nitro-celluslose finish which brings out the woods tonal qualities and adds to the sustain. Only feature I'm not crazy about is the satin finish, and white pickguard. I put on a brown shell pickguard and it really adds to the appearance. This guitar is made to be played and abused, and will handle anything you can dish out. Ease of Use: Very fast maple neck, I only had to lower my action slighly, came ready to play right out of the box. Jumbo frets are super smooth and fast, and the Grease Bucket circuitry makes adjusts the tone while maintaining the integrity of the sound. Just a super well made flawless guitar, and its made in the USA. I real winner LEO Quality: Excellent flawless quality and workmanship, the sunburst finish is gorgeous but I would have preferred a shinier finish than the satin. Not a flaw on this guitar. Made in the USA for 750. This is a steal. Value: USA made Fender guitar, flawless, great sound, electronics, and made to be played and abused. I would have paid 1,000 for this. I paid 1600 for my Gibson SG 61 and this has to be worth more than 1,000. Manufacturer Support: Fender has an excellent video at Fender.com to view and hear the Highway One models, anyone interested in this guitar I suggest you check it out. The Wow Factor: I tried many teles and did a lot of research on the different models and this has more features, jumbo frets that most do not have, and is friendlier to distortion than other teles. This can handle just about any kind of music. Rock solid construction, made to be played. Overall: Hot new pickups, jumbo frets, nitro-cellulose finish like the better Gibsons have that let the woods tone and sustain shine thru better, and the Grease Bucket circuitry adds to the rounder sound. Very fast, smooth easy to play neck. You will really enjoy this. Only excepton is if you like a shiny finish this is not for you this has a satin-matte finish, and I changed the white pickguard to brown shell. Other than that this is underpriced for the quality, sound, and Fender name and its USA made. Great guitar, even better value

"It will be your unexpected new favorite" submitted November 26, 2007

Musical Background: guitar enthusiast, musician
Music Style: rock, jazz, blues
Sound: First of all, it sounds awesome. However, a lot of people say they can't get the sound they want out of tele's. While it has more versatility than most people give it credit for, it's definitely a guitar you MUST play yourself and decide if you like it. All I can say is if you've played tele's before, so have I and this one is the best sounding. Feature: nothing much to say about the features. Standard Switching between bridge, bridge/neck, and neck. tone and volume. Thats is, but it doesnt need much else. However, the pickups they chose on this mug are amazing, especially the lipstick pickup. Ease of Use: The feel of the neck is the best part, I instantly improve when I pick this thing up. Guaranteed you will feel faster and freer on this neck. The bridge this one has is cool, easy to adjust. Some people prefer the individual saddles I don't care. Quality: Its American made, built solid. Will probably last forever. Value: Its probably the cheapest american made tele, or strat for that matter. Manufacturer Support: Never had to use it. The Wow Factor: I give it a low score here because I know everyone likes the strat more. The telecaster is like the ugly twin in the relationship. But man, I disagree, I'd take a telecaster every time.

Fender Highway One Tele Customer Review submitted July 29, 2010

Overall
Sound: sounds great right out of the package needed no adjustmens Feature: it came with a gigbag but it will work till i can afford a case Ease of Use: it sounds awesome i can even make some good metal tones it is a guitar that works for all music types awesome Quality: it feels sturdy no loose nobs or nothing made to play hard with no worries of falling apart Value: cant beat the price a usa made tele for 699 i still cant belive it myself Manufacturer Support: had no prolbems at all The Wow Factor: nice n pretty Overall: if it got lost or stolen i would get another one for sure i love it

"I Need This and Will Buy It" submitted March 17, 2010

Musical Background: Turning Pro Soon
Music Style: Country, Christian, Jazz, Acoustic, Rock
Sound: it definitely sounds like a country guitar when you want it to, but can really grind out some intense rock and things. I'm more of an acoustic player so i don't really find any difference in electric guitar sounds unless it crackles when you plug it in and this one doesn't. Feature: It's a Tele so the beauty of it isn't the most it has on but the complete simplicity of things about it. Although the satin finish was a great add to the feel of it. Ease of Use: This is and probably will always be the easiest electric to ever play on. It has an absolutely great feel. The neck feels like butter in your hands and it gently rests on your body and is just . . . great. Quality: This is probably one of the best made electric guitars on the planet under 3000 dollars (three thousand dollars) just making sure it's not a typo. It seems like the thing will stay with you for the rest of your and your child's and your grandchild's life Value: I would have given this an 11 or even a 12. It is made in the USA and is under 1,000 dollars so I would definitely give this a 10 at the least. Manufacturer Support: I gave it a 10 because I'm sure if I did have a problem with it, Fender would have backed me up, but I didn't buy it. The Wow Factor: I think the "I Want It" statement doesn't give this enough pizzazz. "I Need This and Will Buy It" is more like the statement I would use.

"Unbelievable value!!" submitted February 15, 2007

Music Style: Classic rock, Blues
Sound: With the new Alnico 3 "hot" pickups, you get a warmer, richer sound than with standard vintage tele pickups. Much more friendly to overdrive/distortion, and more able to get an "edgier" sound. The greasebuck tone control is also nice, in that it DOES roll off the highs, but keep the lows in check. I've also noticed the bridge pickup has a very nice smooth sound, not nearly as "trebly"/"overly bright"/"brash" sounding as most other guitars. I like the sound of this very much, and think you can play just about any type of music on it Feature: Not much in accessories: soft "gig bag", owners maunual, and a couple of allen wrenches. Would have been nice to include a hard-shell case, but I guess it's one way they keep the price down!! Really, not much else you would want or need. Ease of Use: Very nice to play!! One thing I immediately noticed was the "SMOOOOTH", finely finished, fret edges (a very nice touch, I think) - no sharp, protruding edges AT ALL - something that gives the neck a great feel. Otherwise, Hey - it's a tele!! - a fairly simple instrument! It doesn't need a whole lot of "rocket science"!! Quality: This is an American made Fender - what else could you possibly want, quality wise?? Fit and finish are perfect, with an overall very solid feel. ...anything loose, shaky, maybe gonna break..??...NO!! This thing is like a rock, and will last me forever! Value: For the money, there is NO WAY you can beat this!! American made, with the quality, look, sound, and feel it has - it should sell for $200 to $300 dollars more! (...don't listen, Fender!!) A GREAT VALUE!! Manufacturer Support: I have actually delt with them a couple of times, and they handled both issues immediately. Also, even their "contact us", through their e-mail adress (for questions, etc.), is very prompt. A great company to deal with!! The Wow Factor: I also own other nice guitars, but find this one VERY DIFFICULT to put down!! I now find it's the one I will pick up first, and usually, that's it - I keep playing it!! (My wife calls it "the other woman"!!) Mine is honey blond, I replaced the white pickguard with a black one, and it now has that true, "classic" tele look - Very nice!! Overall: As I said above, I will keep this forever!! I can't even imagine what would cause me to trade this for ANY other tele!

"The TELE you will want to PLAY!" submitted July 28, 2010

By a customer from sbcglobal.net
Music Style: ALL!
Sound: This is a sleeper! Fender does not even try to sell these anymore as they are just TOO GOOD and actually has made many of their customs SLEEP on the rack! I can say I have played many guitars over my 47 years and have been schooled in guitar playing and building as I work on my own stuff. This is only the second guitar I have purchased which needed nothing in tech work. The other is a Schecter which also makes QUALITY! This Highway One is MY TELE FOREVER! Feature: AWESOME NECK, GREAT SOUNDING PICKUPS!, Smooth controls with good variation of sound!, Comfortable body, ROLLED FINGERBOARD EDGES just like the customs!

"Fender has poor quality control;very poor. I mean, lousy. Two guitars in a row with the same issue." submitted August 24, 2009

Overall
Sound: Great telecaster sound. Bridge pickup is not too bright. Perfect sound. Feature: This is a basic, no frills guitar. Everything you need, and nothing you don't. Ease of Use: Flip it to the bridge pickup and plug it in. Quality: Here's where they lose points. Quality control not only sucks, if you call Fender about it, they make excuses and tell you they come like that. The bridge pickup was over-routed on the first one, so it was sent back. The replacement was marginally better, but still noticeable. Kept it anyway. I called Fender and they told me even the expensive ones sometimes come like that. So, basically what he told me is that quality control not only sucks for the highway one, but for the ones that cost more than twice as much, too. Wow. That's something to be proud of. Value: It sounds good,and the price is ok, but Fender has too much competition to be trying to pass off inferior workmanship as acceptable. Manufacturer Support: Is making excuses support? The Wow Factor: It's a guitar, not a Playboy bunny. Overall: blah

When you call, mention priority code 15TT-DY4T. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976