When you call, mention priority code 206-B51S

Rating and Reviews: Yngwie Malmsteen Strat

Yngwie's Strat has all the signature touches: 3 Duncan pickups, a special '60s neck, and a heavily scalloped maple fretboard for blistering Phrygian runs.

"Beautiful piece of ART tha plays like a DEMON!!" submitted March 4, 2009

Overall
Musical Background: obsessed shredder. 20 yrs playing with a few breaks.
Music Style: Metal, Shred, Death Metal
Sound: This guitar sounds awesome. The pickups are incredible. The tone is great for shredding leads! The guitar actually adds clarity to my playing. Feature: The scalloped neck is killer!! Just beautiful. The brass nut adds some class. The pickups set it apart from other strats. They add a very strong tone....they rip! Workmanship was impecable. Ease of Use: It took a bit to get used too. Well....It just wasn't as easy as my Ibanez Prestiges, which are made for speed. Once you pass the new feel, you will fall in love. It plays beautifully. I have no problem with the scallopes....they give tremendous control, and are great for bends and vibrato. Quality: Th workmanship is perfect. This guitar is as solid as they get. This guitar will last forever. The only problem I have is....I'm not a huge fan of fender tremolos, but I new that already. I didn't buy it to do crazy wammy tricks. Value: The best strat for the money .....by far. This is the only strat I would buy. Manufacturer Support: You won't even need to call them. Nothings going wrong on this guitar. The Wow Factor: This is extremely sexy. It's like a beautiful, classy woman, who is also very intelligent. Overall: This is exactly what I wanted when I bought this guitar. Its beautiful, finely crafted, and will add to your playing. 2 grand is nothing, when you will have a guitar for life.

"It's a beautiful thing" submitted July 3, 2015

By Thomas V in Lafayette, LA
Musical Background: 30 plus years
Music Style: Hard Rock and Metal.
Overall: Just received my Yngwie strat from zzounds. Unbelievable tone a true beast. Loved it the minute I set it up and hit the fist chord. Zzounds and Fender simply unbeatable.

"Fender Yngwie Malmsteen Stratocaster WOW" submitted May 9, 2016

By Brad W in Shreveport, LA
Overall
Musical Background: Playing guitar for 30 years or so. I just jam at home right now, building my guitar collection back up.
Music Style: Rock, heavy metal, blues
Overall: Ok, this thing really doesn't need a review. It is a fender and has a scalloped neck that plays GREAT!!! The scalloping does take a bit to get used to but that doesn't take very long at all. If you are reading this then you are thinking about getting one I assume, so just get one already because I was in the same place and SO happy that I got it. Awesome guitar!!

"Great USA Fender" submitted March 23, 2013

By Joe F in Davenport , FL
Musical Background: Guitar for many many years
Music Style: Rock, funk, metal and everything else in between
Sound: Sweet bell like quality to it. I play everything from funk to heavy rock live and the tone quality shines no matter what I throw at it. Feature: The scalloped frets are fantastic. Should have gone to this years ago. Least favorite thing is the bridge. I can not keep it in tune at all with the trem bar in. Even small vibrato it goes out of tune. Quality: Great everything all the way around, except the bridge... Workmanship top notch. Value: Little pricey, but it is made in USA. Just too. Bad it does not come in more colors.. Manufacturer Support: Have not been able to reach them. Was trying to. Ask them about the bridge. I tried everything for YouTube videos to having someone else do a setup on it.... Still no luck. The Wow Factor: I will probable buy another one soon, just to have a backup.. But will have the color changed Overall: Came very well packed. Intonation spot on, had to adjust nothing on it. And that is a first for any guitar I have owned. Great color, more of a pale sun drenched yellow than a vintage white. Frets even and rounded off at the edges of the fretboard. Pickups sound fantastic. My live sound guy loves the way it cuts across the mix

""Not For Everyone, but For Me, A Quality Fender Strat."" submitted November 17, 2008

Overall
Musical Background: Musician & Guitarist, duh!!
Music Style: Rock, Metal, Classical, Neo-Classical, Blues, and Experimental
Sound: Sound is what you'd expect from a Fender, it has that nice bright tone signature only to Fender. Feature: I dig the scalloped fingerboard, while not for everyone, I enjoy the control it gives you over every note you pick, and that is why I like it. The rest is Fender standards, three single-coil pickups, two tone-controls, yada, yada, yada. Ease of Use: I give it an 8 because not everyone has the touch that it takes to play a scalloped fingerboard. But the scallops for me gives me so much control it's unrealistic. It should be noted scalloped frets do NOT make you play faster. For me, next to my Gibson, this is one of the easier ones I've played. Quality: A 9 because I love Fender, but they don't compare to Gibson. Fender has high quality instruments, and you'd expect that from this guitar. Value: You get what you pay for, and this one is worth it if you have the touch it takes to play it. Manufacturer Support: Fender has a great warranty service, and are extremely helpful to their customers The Wow Factor: I have to give Yngwie some credit, he has good taste in colors, I love the candy red and sonic blue, but not so much on vintage white. I good-looking instrument. Overall: This one deserves an 8 because like I said, for some people, they don't have the touch it takes to play this instrument. It has a different feel to it and is a little awkward if you haven't played a scalloped fret. Overall, it's a well-built, good-quality instrument for players wanting more control over their notes.

"Not for everyone....but I like it just fine." submitted November 3, 2014

By Teina A in Honolulu, HI
Overall
Musical Background: Multi-instrumentalist - guitar is my 1st instrument, 30 years and counting.
Music Style: Jazz-rock, country, rock, metal.
Overall: The scalloped feel on the neck will take some getting used to but really helps you to develop a lighter touch which is what you want with the shred school of guitar. Great looks, serious bends and vibrato! I love this guitar!

"Bought an Yngwie Strat and Very Happy With It." submitted September 14, 2010

Overall
Sound: For more than thirty years, I would mod my Strats, each time getting closer to what would be for me, the perfect guitar. My Yngwie Strat was delivered today, a minty 2005 model. After new strings, a setup, and some minor tweaking, I realize that I'll never have to mod my Strats again. I'm selling my other Strats, and will buy another one or 2 of the Fender Yngwie Strat. It is to me, the perfect guitar. Feature: The factory case candy was included. The most useful feature is the scalloped fingerboard. I have performed this mod on all my Strats since about 1977. I got the idea from the great John McLaughlin who had Abe Wechter scallop a few acoustics. McLaughlin got the idea from that wonderful and ancient string instrument of India, the vina. As far as the Yngwie Strat is concerned, the fit and build is spot on. The guitar feels as solid as a tank. I wouldn't add anything to the guitar. Ease of Use: After setup/tweaking the guitar, it nearly plays itself. Quality: Quality is great. Value: Good value. Lotsa bang for the buck. Manufacturer Support: Haven't ever had to deal with Fender Product Support, and I've played Feders for 35 years. I have heard that Fender is very easy to deal with though, and stands behind everything they make.

"A dream come true." submitted April 16, 2008

Musical Background: Solo Musician
Music Style: Metal, classical, neo-classical, classic rock
Sound: Sounds like a true neo-classical guitar. I have way more clarity with the YJM Strat, when Im speeding along my songs. But I would like to Add I'm not using a marshall(never really been a fan of them). I personnally use a Crate practice amp and a Boss ME-20 for my recording. Feature: Bottom line, this is the best strat you can get! Ease of Use: Plays amazing, the scalloped neck is hard to get used to, but I,ve picked it up fast, because my Ibanez RG series has jumbo frets and needs a light touch, overrall the sound very versatile for single pickups. Quality: Perfect craftsmanship, the only thing that I didn't like was the loose spring where the tremolo bar goes, whats up with that?? Value: Big bang for your buck Manufacturer Support: no problems yet, but I will call them soon if i cant find help on making adjustments, I ain't no guitar tech. The Wow Factor: I really could care less what color it is or shape, as long as it plays and looks professional, thats the key. Overall: This is it, my skills took a step back when i first got the guitar but now they are moving in a clearer and more creative turn. I will diffenetly use this guitar to record with, play live shows, great guitar. Never thought I would ever play on one but now I own it!!

"Eh..." submitted February 20, 2008

Overall
Sound: It has an average Fender sound... nothing special about it. Ease of Use: its a guitar Quality: Built nice. Value: I don't think I would have payed this much. The Wow Factor: Its an Yngwie strat, everyone wants it, but its not that great. Overall: Yngwie is my favorite guitarist ever, but I don't respect his choice of guitars, scalloped fretboard makes it awkward, bending is different, harder to control, but harder to miss at the same time. The tone is not versatile, err, I dunno, I think Yngwie could do way better.

When you call, mention priority code 206-B51S. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976