When you call, mention priority code 1442-BBL7

Rating and Reviews: American Deluxe Strat

22 medium jumbo frets. 3 Samarium Cobalt Noiseless pickups. S-1 Switching.

"Fender American Deluxe Stratocater" submitted January 31, 2008

Music Style: Rock and Blues
Sound: This guitar is probably the best sounding guitar I have ever heard. Anything from nice jazzy tones to a crunchy blues tone and even a ruckus metal tone can be dialed in on this guitar. This is all thanks to the noiseless pickups and the S-1 switching system, which allows just about any tone to be obtained, all the while, keeping he classic Strat sound. Even through a Roland Cube 30 and a Digitech RP-230, the Stratocaster's recognizable sound is still there. Feature: The locking tuners are great for easy stringing and doesn't allow the guitar to go out of tune. The neck is fast and has great playability. As I have stated before, the pickups and switching system can allow any tone to be achieved once you get the hang of it. It gives the best of both the single coil sound or a more humbucking sound if wanted yet the classic Strat still rings out. The pop in tremolo is way better than a screw in tremolo, which can easily strip and render the tremolo useless. Of course, the classic contoured body is very comfortable and allows the player to become one with the guitar. The strap locks makes sure that your guitar is safe and there is no chance of it slipping out of the strap. Ease of Use: The electronics on this guitar are extremely to use once you get the hang of the S-1 switching system. The tremolo arm is easily adjusted using a Allen key and the strap locks are easily applied. I would recommend doing this as soon as you go to put the strap on the strap on the guitar as it easily slips out of it. Get your local music store to set up your guitar, such as truss rod adjustment, etc. as it doesn't always come in great shape. I would also recommend that you switch out the Fender bullet strings for something that you are more used to, as these strings are not the greatest. Quality: Just mentioning the name Fender, and you already know that it is going to be a high quality product. The guitar's finish is beautiful (mine is in montego black with a maple fretboard) and all of the components work great and get the job done. One of the best quality guitar's I have ever played. Value: This guitar does not compare to any other guitar, in its price class or not. Of course, my opinion is biased, as I am a Fender guy, but I have heard many other guitars much more expensive, and they just don't get those bell tones that the Stratocaster has. As well to a great sounding guitar, the Strat is also very versatile as you can play rock, blues, country, jazz, metal, shred or any style you can think of on this guitar, especially since it is equipped with the S-1 switching system. I would pay whatever Fender jacked the price up to in order to get my hands on this one! Manufacturer Support: I haven't had to deal with support yet. I guess that's a good thing... The Wow Factor: The Strat's look is timeless, it never goes out of style. Great look, great feel, this is more than just a guitar. It is an extension of your musical soul. Go to go play... Overall: You should never have to go buy another guitar after purchasing this one. What more could you want?? A great sounding and feeling guitar which just doesn't go out of style. All my favorite guitar players had a Strat in their hands when they played, so it was just natural that i purchaced one. And I' glad I did as this is a guitar you just don't want to pass up.

"The Best" submitted March 1, 2007

Overall
Sound: Sound is so subjective that I'm hesitant to rate it. I will say that this guitar is very versatile and will give you a wide range of sounds. You can get 10 different basic sounds using just two of the switches (the pickup selector switch and the S1 switch); that doesn't include the variations you can get from using the two tone controls. Feature: First, I want to respond to something a reviewer mentioned about the Deluxe Stratocaster tremolo (whammy) bar arm. The fellow stated that the Stratocaster snap-in (pop-in) tremolo arm is too loose or floppy. They often ship that way, but it's easy to adjust (fix). You just simply push the tremolo arm all the way down and then you will see an allen screw on the tail-end side of the tremolo plate near where the tremolo arm's insert hole is. Just tighten that screw with an allen wrench to get the right amount of looseness/stiffness that's good for you. The allen wrench comes with new guitars. The adjustability of the Stratocaster snap-in (pop-in) tremolo arm makes it better than a threaded arm in my opinion. Other great features are: contoured body, whammy bar, S1 switch, 5-way selector switch. I could go on. Ease of Use: This is the best designed guitar in the world. The neck is the most playable one I have ever come across. Bar chords are as easy as open chords and picking. The body contour and light weight make it one of the most comfortable guitars I've every played. There is only one volume control within reach of the player's pinky, making it easy for live-performance volume adjustment -- an especially useful benefit if you're switching between rythym and lead guitar. Quality: This guitar is built to last. You can find a lot of Fender Stratocasters out there on eBay that have been around since the 50s and are still going strong. The hardware is robust, and the finish is urethane, so it is difficult to damage anything unless there's a major incident. Value: This is the best guitar out there. I've played Rickenbackers, Gretsches, Gibsons, and Fenders. As far as 6-string electric guitars go, Fender is -- hands down -- the best value for your money. Manufacturer Support: I've never had to contact Fender directly. However there is a lot of literature that comes with the guitar, and there are so many sources of information on-line that I would have to give support a 10. In addition, Fenders are so popular that -- should you ever need advice or replacement parts -- you can get it online. Who needs support from Fender? The Wow Factor: The attractiveness of a gutiar is such a subjective thing, that I'm hesitant to rate it. I personally think Les Pauls are more attractive than Stratocasters. However, the advantages of a Stratocaster over a Les Paul are so tremendous that I would choose a Stratocaster any day.

"If I had a million dollars, Id still buy this guitar over any other" submitted July 27, 2007

By a customer from sbcglobal.net
Musical Background: Work in a music shop "Classicaly Trained" for 6 years
Music Style: Classical, jazz (big fan of Oscar Peterson, Pass, Ellis, Emily Remler, I hate Joe Bonamasso
Sound: I can not say a negative thing about the sounds this guitar can make. If you are looking for the classic fender sound you are going to enjoy everything this has to offer, however, no matter how I set the pickups I just cant get a real jazz tone. With either the S-1 in the middle position and both tone controls somewhere around the middle or the S-1 and the bridge pick up set deep you can come close but there is no way of getting that hollow tone but for what you cant do there is so much that you can so who cares. I am running the guitar through a yamaha DG80 210, a modelling amp, something I wasnt to sure of untill I heard it but all in all a great Combo Feature: I cant say enough about the locking tuners so I wont even try, the Pickups and wiring are well concieved and work beyond what I could hope for Ease of Use: To be honest no matter how you set the tone on this guitar, you are going to sound alright Quality: This product is put together perfectly I had to adjust the neck but hey I cant hold that against the factory the frets are perfect the 3 color burst was perfect and I can't think of anything wrong on the guitar Value: I have to say this guitar is better than a certain other brand roghly in the same price range Manufacturer Support: No need but its fender they have youre back The Wow Factor: Before reading this question I was viewing my guitar and came to the conclusion that I would probably make love to it. Overall: Well I will always be satisfied with this instument however i need a jazz box and fender currently doesnt have any product on the market to fit those needs but for everything else ohh my, quite slick, quite slick

"American Stratocaster Deluxe" submitted September 21, 2005

Music Style: rock, blues
Sound: Very nice clean as well as distorted sound. Many options with the s-1 switching but you'll find yourself using the standard ones the most. I would not say the S-1 switching gives you a humbuckeing sound, but it gives you yet another veriation to use. I would say the sound is as good as what you would expect for such a high end instrument. Feature: Many nice features. All thougt I think the tremolo arm with the pop in function is a little bit annoying. After using it for some time, it will always swing down after you let it go. When you had to screw it in, you could choose if it should stay where you left it, or if it should be loose. It included a lot of accessories, like a strap and a case and straplocks ++ Quality: Its very well built. The factory setup was not that good, it came with .009 strings but the nut setup was closer to .012. The intonation and frets were ok. Value: Great price, great guitar. Manufacturer Support: Have not needed any support, but i quess its ok. The lifetime warrenty did not cover much, if you change pickups yourself once, its not valid anymore. The Wow Factor: A very nice guitar... i was quite lucky with mine.. the wood was beautifull Overall: I must say 10, its perfect exept for litlle flaws witch overall does not mather

"Fender Deluxe "V"-neck Stratocaster (mine's red and gold)" submitted August 25, 2008

By a customer from defence.gov.au
Overall
Musical Background: Had my own band for a while. On and off. Record new stuff now and then..
Music Style: I try my best to sound like Knopfler.
Sound: Well Strats are Strats, and the only thing I was worried about here was that the "noiseless" pickups would not sound like classic Strat pickups. I was worried about nothing - they're fine. Feature: My Strat's the deluxe model, but she has a "V" neck, which I love. Digs into your palm nicely, seeing as I hold the neck like a plumber would. This is the best feature of my Strat. Locking machine heads work great (rarely goes out of tune). That S-1 switch works well, but I don't use it all that much (usually forget it's there!). The Delta tone knob is perfect (you can bypass the "resistance" completely, which I always do). The only complaint I had was that the "pop in" tremolo arm eventually came loose, but thanks to old mate, I now know how to tighten it, so it's actually not a problem. Ease of Use: It's a Strat - you can get away with murder. Quality: I'm impressed. Value: Price was reasonable, but I'd buy this guitar if it was double the price. I love it. Manufacturer Support: I haven't had to deal with Fender. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt (though I would only deal with Fender USA!!!).. The Wow Factor: Well I already have it. Overall: Best Strat I have ever played.

"One Hell of a guitar" submitted February 7, 2008

Musical Background: Hobby
Music Style: Rock / Hank Marvin
Sound: This Strat sounds beautiful. The S1 switching allows Humbucker tones. The neck is smooth and fast. Lovely bridge, though still trying to set the tremolo arm to how I like it. Feature: i like the locking nuts, and the Strap locks, first time I've used these. Pic ups noiseless and great tone Ease of Use: Probably the best guitar I've had, feels great Quality: I cannot fault it, the instrument is top quality through out. A better case would have been a bonus Value: Well worth every penny Manufacturer Support: Never had to deal direct with the company. The Wow Factor: I have the Montego Black with maple neck and Goldish scratcg plate. Very sexy Overall: I love this guitar,

"strats rule" submitted May 6, 2007

Music Style: Rock, "Alternative, metal, blues
Sound: I love this giuitar. First of all the s1 swithcing is incredible.At first I didnt really understand what it was, but all it does is combine the bridge pickup with whatever pickup you have it on.I bought the HSS version with the fender DH-1 humbucker. when clean, it sounds alot like the guitar in californication from the red hot chilli peppers. the two samerium cobalt single coils are over wound so the sound alot like anything from stevie ray vaughan or kenney wayne shepherd. The frets are soooo perfect, they are smooth and easy to play. I swear i have ocd when it comes to tone and this guitar nails any kind you want. rock, blues, metal annything. Feature: one of my favorite features on this guitar was the cut away heal with the corona california neckplate.this makes it way easier to play way up on the neck. another thing I really love about this guitar is the pop in tremolo. you can tighten or loosen the play it has by using the included allen key. just put in the whammy bar, bend down and there will be a screw right below the bridge. the is is also a floating bridge guitar so you can realy take advantage of that LSR roller nut and the locking tunners(which really make changing the strings easier. Ease of Use: everything is great. Quality: no quetion. its still a strat Value: I would have paid twice the msrp Manufacturer Support: dont nedd it but its great The Wow Factor: I love everything about this guitar. The nitrocellulose finish looks great and really resonates well Overall: like I said, its a strat, they last forever.

"Forget Custom Shop Strats: Buy AM Deluxe" submitted May 10, 2007

By a customer from baf.afgn.army.mil
Musical Background: 40+ year Hobbyist and previous band member
Music Style: Rock, Country, Blues
Sound: I bought the 50th Anniversary AM Deluxe in 2004. This thing rings forever. I run it through a Line 6 Flextone III XL and it mates perfectly. From crystal clean twin reverb to distorted bassman, it does it all. I play a lot of George Harrison, Beatles and Clapton and this Strat covers it all. String bends are effortless and the S1 adds a littl additional growl to the mix. The first guitar I pick up and the last one I put away. Feature: Simple to use. Use the S1 to fill that humbucker slot. Gets fat and gutteral like SRV. Ease of Use: I have 12 guitars: strats, teles, duo jet, ES-335 and Les Paul and this strat is the most satisfying to play. The neck is silky smooth and it stays in tune no matter what. Value: I have a customized EC strat with a AAAAA Warmoth body and the AM Deluxe puts it to shame. Manufacturer Support: I'll just say a 9 since I have never had an issue with this guitar. The Wow Factor: I wish it had come in different colors as I am not fond of the sunburst. Arctic White with the blond neck would be perfect. This guitar only makes you sound better and encourages you to practice. Overall: I researched long and hard before buying this guitar. I am usually a die hard Tele guy. I took a chance and ordered this on line and was thoroughly impressed. It had a natural feel to it and amazing sound. Was set up perfectly out of the box. If stolen, I would look for another one immediately.

When you call, mention priority code 1442-BBL7. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976