When you call, mention priority code 158M-4799

Rating and Reviews: Fender '62 Jazzmaster

The Fender '62 Jazzmaster has a unique tone and aesthetic. With lead and rhythm circuit switching, the Fender '62 Jazzmaster is popular among rock pioneers.

"Best in show" submitted August 21, 2008

Music Style: Indie
Sound: I've always been enamored with the Fender sound and the Jazzmaster is the Ferrari of Fenders. I love this guitar and the soap-bar pickups not only look great but have the best and most versatile sound out of any I've heard. I recently bought the new Classic Player Jazzmaster but after a few months of heavy use, it started to wear. I was hoping that the MIM would be as durable as the USA, unfortunately it wasn't. I know the American one would not have this problem and I was right. The only problem I had was that the low E string vibrated a little but that was a small fix, otherwise I have no complaints. Feature: The various pickups and lead/rhythm switches make this guitar extremely versatile. Ease of Use: Solid neck, plays great. Quality: Incredible quality Value: Price is a little high but the case and overall sound makes up for it The Wow Factor: Incredible body and design. This guitar is as sexy as it gets...get some Overall: I will keep my Oly White Jazzmaster for the rest of my life. Best guitar ever built... period
19 of 23 people (82.61%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Some good -- some bad" submitted February 9, 2013

By Jim Stringer in Austin, TX
Overall
Musical Background: Professional player for over 50 years.
Music Style: Country, western swing, blues, surf, swing jazz.
Overall: I bought a "blem" for about $1400. I expected a chip or scratch. Actually, it does have four small chips in the lacquer -- nothing I'd be terribly upset about since this is a "player", not a collector! However, I've also had several performance issues. First, after about 2 gigs, the bridge pickup suddenly quit -- no static, no buzz, no nothin'. I've taken it to the local Fender shop and am waiting for a diagnosis. Most likely, cold solder joint -- but possibly a faulty pickup. The bridge won't stay put... it sinks as I play and I have to use an allen wrench (which, by the way, was NOT included in my package, although it's supposed to be) to raise it again. The neck is NOT well adjusted for the strings that came with it and since I use a heavier 11-52 set, the neck has way too much bow. I like a straight neck. Those of you in the know may be aware that the adjustment nut on the neck is on the body end of the neck and you have to remove the pick guard, or the neck itself in order to make an adjustment... it's not easy. One more irritation -- the lock on the tremolo doesn't work. Again, I've taken it to the local shop -- this is not in my fixit repertoire. So... naw... I'm not the happiest with this instrument. One of my friends has the Squire Jazzmaster which he picked up on a bargain deal for $250. My advice is to get the Squire instrument, let your guitar tech work on the playability. I like the sound of the guitar -- it sounds like a Jazzmaster. But overall, I'm really disappointed by the quality of the workmanship and quality control.

"Grab it while you can" submitted June 16, 2013

By rick rivets in NYC, NY
Overall
Musical Background: Pro playing 32 years. Have many 45's, CD's and LP's released.
Music Style: Play original rock ala Stones.
Overall: I bought a white blem and it kills the gold ones they are making now. The 65 Jazzmasters. Jump on this 62 white blem as fender isn't making them in white except for the John Mayer model that I wouldn't take if given to me. Great action and mine didn't have one mark on it so I don't know why it was a blem but for the price I got a steal. Any guitar under $2,000 is a steal these days. Cheers

"Great, but not for everyone!" submitted September 19, 2008

Overall
Musical Background: Active Musician, Recording Engineer.
Music Style: Brasilian Music, Experimental, Rock, Eletronica.
Sound: Sounds like a Jazzmaster. Very percusive/pianistic and low sustain, different from the standard solid body. Not for everybody, but someone into the Jazzmaster unique sound. Feature: Comes with a beautiful vintage case and a bridge cover that is usefull when you don't have to palm mute the strings. Ease of Use: This is not a virtuoso guitar. The bridge is really problematic if you use lighweight strings. With 011s the bridge still sounds a little buzzy and it's virtually impossible to use 010s unless you put a buzzstop, making this axe sound like and ordinary Fender solidbody. Problems can be solved by using 012s and a professional setup. Don't expect a very low action also. Quality: Mine came with the saddles and bridge chronically loosing its heigth. The Luthier that works for me solved the problem by adding some glue to it. The Fender logo on the arm was so superficially fixed that I had to ask him to put some extra varnish on it. Just inaceptable for a US$1500 guitar!!! Value: I don't know about other vintage series Fenders, but since this thing comes (poorly) setup for 010s, expect to spend some money with a Luthier. It could be cheaper. Manufacturer Support: I have sent an email to Fender 2 months ago and I'm still waiting some reply. The Wow Factor: No doubt it is an incredible beautiful instrument. The Fender Sunburst is a work of art. Overall: Again, it is not for everyone. If you can't play with 011s (minimum) forget it! Go Tele or Strato. If you like to have a big sustain guitar, go elsewhere (Gibson SG with P90s???). This is for a guy who wishes to have the non standard sound and feel of a Jazzmaster.
30 of 32 people (93.75%) found this review helpful. Did you?

When you call, mention priority code 158M-4799. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976