When you call, mention priority code 1576-BYW4

Rating and Reviews: Fender Hot Rod 62 Strat

With classic vintage styling, and loaded with American Vintage Strat single-coil pickups, with reverse-wound/polarity middle pickups, this is one hot Strat.

"Sexy 62" submitted December 21, 2009

Music Style: blues/rock/funk/rock
Sound: rich warm tones or high twangy strat tones- i use it alot for RHCP covers to john mayer to hendrix Love it Feature: its meant to be vintage so not a whole lot of options besides the 5 way switch but tone control changes depth of sound nicely and works very well with the 57/62s in this bad boy Ease of Use: its not an ibanez or prs but for a strat its easy to play the larger C neck may be hard for some players with smaller hands but i feel the tone is worth it Quality: awesome its a strat?? it will outlast me Value: i find myself going to this guitar more than my 3k doller prs Manufacturer Support: havent had to deal with them The Wow Factor: got mine in sunburst super sexy :)

"Smokn Hottttttttttt" submitted January 4, 2012

Overall
Musical Background: guitar since 1975 .play at home now but did gig a lot from 80's-90's
Music Style: rock.blues.funk
Sound: I own and play many strats. This one is #6 and its my #1. Sounds awesome and plays like butter. What I like most is the neck. You get the old look but plays so easy and smooth. Feature: 5 way switch is good. I would have gone with a hard tail if it where available but I just added two more spring and we're good. Ease of Use: I use blonde fenders,black panels,plexi's and a master volume jcm 800. This strat is all I need. All I need to do is choose the amp ill be using to fit the gig. Quality: Its still new but it looks as good as my L series and it has 5 way Value: List price is high but I got a good deal at zzounds The Wow Factor: It looks so cool. Jeff Beck Wired. Look at the album cover.Olympic White!!!!!!!! Overall: Will never sell it and if something did happen I would get another one

"This IS the one!" submitted July 6, 2013

By Brian M in Benwood, WV
Overall
Musical Background: Playing for 25 years. Home musician.
Music Style: hard rock and classic rock.
Overall: I have finally found a Fender Stratocaster that I am 100% truly happy with. I have been playing for 25 years and have owned and played many Stratocasters during this time. Many of them were good, but none of them really has impressed me as much as this version. Let me start with the appearance. This guitar is done in Nitro and has an old school look and vibe. They even left the decal practically unburied sitting on top of the lacquer like they old days on the head stock. Very cool. My 62 is the Sunburst in which Fender did a great job with this 2 piece of Alder they used for the body. The lacquer finish is about as good as I have seen on any Nitro guitar from any of the Nitro using manufactures (Gibson ect). The face of the headstock is gloss like the body, and you can see the outline of the decal. This is how it is supposed to be, so don't freak out if you buy this guitar and see the decal like this. The back of the neck is smooth as a babies a** done in a satin finish. This was a great move by Fender. I don't like my necks glossy on the back. This neck also does not have the skunk stripe, just like the old Fender rosewood necks. Bottom line, this guitar makes me think that this is how a Strat would have looked new in 1962. The baby will age gracefully and beautifully. Poly-plastic covered guitars will never do this. Now to the neck. When I took the guitar out of the case, I looked at the profile of the neck and my eyes almost popped out of my head. this neck is huge. Let me say this again, this neck IS HUGE! Keep in mind that I ordered this guitar without ever playing one and read how big the neck is, but you will know what I'm talking about when you see and play one. But the large neck works for me. It is comfortable and the C shape , albeit a large one, is actually very easy to play. I can not think of a larger neck ever on a Stratocaster. It is as big as the largest 50's Les Paul necks. It will impress you, if you like baseball bat necks. The radius of the board is 9.5 and it has medium jumbo frets. This IS what makes this 62 the ONE for me. These two features takes this guitar to the highest level. It has the appearance and vibe of an old Strat with a huge neck with modern frets and radius. It makes string bending easy without fretting out. You can have lower action as well. Had this guitar been 1962 specs with 7.25 radius and vintage frets, I would have not bought it. That is the only thing about old Strats that I hated. Tiny frets with a 7.25 is not for me. I know all of the greats used the 7.25 and tiny frets, but they had no choice back then. we now do. 9.5 is a good compromise. It still has some curve for your chord work. The sound and playability: This of course is what is important. The sound is very big and large. I think the mass of the neck is doing something here. It has a very nice round resonant boomy bottom end while still having the spank and brightness of a Strat. It is beautifully balanced. Some Strats can be tinny and harsh, but not this one. The pickups are actually solid and I have no plans on changing them. . This guitar just has a classic Strat sound that I have been chasing for a long time. It will do your Hendrix and Knopfler with ease and should be able to cover just about any Strat sound. the sound of this guitar is so balanced that it will take you will ever you need to go in the Stratocaster universe.. It comes with a beautiful case and was setup ok. I lowered the action a bit and replaced the tension springs with the modern black springs. The Trem now plays like butter and you can wiggle it very easily and be very subtle with it. It is not stiff. It has the vintage large sustain block with the bridge. The frets look more closer to a jumbo than medium jumbo. I measured the width with my stewMac digital caliper and they are 0.104 wide. That is jumbo too me.I am not having any intonation issues with the huge frets, that many of the old vintage guys complain about with large frets. I love the huge frets on this vintage strat. the nut was good and I am able to keep it tune, for a Strat. I put graphite on all moving parts. This helps. I am very very happy with this guitar and would not give this one up for anything. The huge frets and 9.5 radius make this guitar "Hot Rod." Other than that, this thing is a 1962 Strat in my mind. What a great idea by Fender and they got this one right. I wish my American 1970's reissue had the large frets and 9.5 radius. be aware of the HUGE neck if you are thinking about buying this. If you are a shredder type and used to pencil sized necks, this will not be for you. But this guitar is not for that type of music anyway. the mass of the neck in my opinion is adding to the bottom end tone of this beast.. This Strat reminds me of a true man Strat and makes all others like toys... I would describe it as beefy and meaty. Great guitar.... I want to thank zZounds for letting me do the 10 month payment plan. 1600.00 is a bit steep , but 160 a month I can do.

"This IS the one!" submitted July 6, 2013

By Brian M in Benwood, WV
Overall
Musical Background: Playing for 25 years. Home musician.
Music Style: hard rock and classic rock.

When you call, mention priority code 1576-BYW4. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976