When you call, mention priority code 15F1-DLNM

Rating and Reviews: Fender 62 American Strat

Recreate the classic '62 Strat sound. It features all the original specifications, including the neck and headstock shapes, body size and contours, and the hand-beveled pickup magnets.

Overall

"1962 Reissue Stratocaster: A Successful Re-creation of a Timeless Classic" submitted August 13, 2006

Overall
Musical Background: Studio Musician, sight-reader for hire, etc. (professional guitarist)
Music Style: jazz and blues, rock, experimental...all fused together...and if course whatever music the gig is.
Sound: the pickups are amazingly balanced, and achieve the sound you really want out of a strat. balls and brilliance, yet smooth and round tone. great for blues, rock, jazz, country, etc. Feature: 5-way selector is great, provides lots of versatility. neck is reaaaally nice, and i personally just dig the ashtray bridge cover. Ease of Use: its a guitar, you play it, its a great neck, etc. Quality: this is one of fenders best, no doubt. the finishes look great. its a solidly constructed guitar. i'd consider it perfect for touring or being on the road. Value: it could possibly be a tad lower i think, but its a great instrument, and considering its competition of other companies, its not overpriced. Manufacturer Support: theres a good customer service hotline, troubleshooting number, etc. also warranties are available. The Wow Factor: it looks great. nice curves, color. i really like the sunburst finish, the wood grain looks great. Overall: this is a guitar that i feel i will be using for the next 20 years. i feel like it can handle any changes in my taste or musical evolution.

"yOU WOULD LOVE THJIS GUITAR" submitted May 8, 2012

By gokhan yilmaz
Musical Background: home
Overall: 62 reissue strat is a very well built guitar with vintage specs. Amazing, however the single coil pickups are , as expected, noisy. So if you don't like hum keep in mind that this is not your instrument. Other than that reissues are being very well made at Fender.

"Amazing tone full guitar" submitted January 19, 2008

By mortalchap12netscape.com
Overall
Musical Background: two year aspiring guitarist
Music Style: rock and blues
Sound: The tone coming out of this ax is amazingly clean and crisp. I was not a big Fender player until I played this guitar because of the pure sounds I can get from it now I am a sold on Fender. Mine is a 1996 model so I cannot say how the new ones are comparably but if they are close to this one any guitarist will be happy with this instrument I assure you. We have a total of eight guitars in our living room as I write this and my 62 Reissue is my true favorite player. It is taking some getting used to the neck on this one as it is slightly thinner and wider than all of my guitars but I don't mind it. I think once I play it awhile I will like the thin neck better. Feature: I cannot think of anything I would have different on this incredible instrument as I have improved as a guitarist since playing this one. Mine has a three way switch but I tweak it just right in between and get all the angles from the pickups. It has the vintage tuners and finish and vintage sound I cannot ask for more. Ease of Use: The sounds I can make with this guitar are just phenominal. My Vox amp and my Epi Blues Custom amp sound better than they ever have without any added effects playing this ax through them. Quality: The weight of this ax is well balanced and feels solid. It is not too light and not too heavy. The finish is excellent to look at with the sunburst paint and mine is about twelve years old. I think it will last me my lifetime. I know I won't sell it and I think it will hold up well as a player, I store it in its nice cozy original tweed case when its resting. Value: I would have paid more for it if I new the quality was as good as it is! It is a pros player. I think that most new higher priced guitars are somewhat over priced but I would give the retail price for this guitar and more if I had too now knowing the quality of the guitar. Manufacturer Support: I bought mine from a guitar shop in Florida and they were more than fair on their price and shipped it safely insured and provided me a tracking number. The Wow Factor: I think this baby is as sexy as they come, it looks cool. :} Overall: If it were stolen I would track down the predator, no I would definitely buy a new one to replace it! It is a keeper!

"This should be the "standard"..." submitted August 13, 2007

By a customer from yahoo.co.uk
Overall
Musical Background: Guitar player. Gun for hire.
Music Style: Rock, blues, something else I dont know how to describe! Whatever takes my fancy.
Sound: I have 3 Strats, a 50th anniversary American Deluxe, a "mongrel" I put together myself, and this. This Strat is hand-down the best sounding. This is the baby! There must be something in the wood. My other strats weigh about 8 lbs, this Strat weight more like 7 lbs. I've heard it said that the lighter the guitar = the lighter the sound, but I'm inclined to disagree because this baby sings. Played acoustically (unplugged) its loud, resonant, chiming, and sustains beautifully with a rich and sophisticated (for lack of a more descriptive word) tone. Good un-plugged sound is always an important good sign in an electric guitar, and this baby has that. One thing that I'm certain contributes positively to the sound (and this is a good tip for anybody who doesnt use the whammy bar) is the fact that I have added two extra springs to the bridge block at the back of the guitar (5 springs altogether), and tightened them up so the bridge is pulled back tight, flush with the body. This means that I cant use the whammy bar to raise the pitch of notes, because its back as far as it can go, but thats fine because I dont use it anyway. The trade off is increased sustain, better tone (in my opinion), and it stays in tune a lot better, especially beneficial if you break a string! Another factor to the sound is that I have changed the pickups to Seymour Duncan's "Antiquity" Strat pickups. These are hand-wound by Seymour himself and are probably the most accurate reproductions of pre-CBS Strat pickups you can get. I have the Antiquity "surfers" in the neck and middle positions and a "Texas Hot custom bridge" in the bridge position. These, frankly, are the best-sounding Strat pickups I've ever heard. The neck pickup is almost scarily reminiscent of you-know-who's tone (Little Wing anyone? lol). It "spanks" with a sweet, percussive, responsive tone. Just gorgeous! The bridge pickup is mean! The middle pickup is, well, a Strat middle pickup. The "quack" in both the 2 and 4 positions is just great. I love it! I'm playing this axe through a solid-state Marshall combo while I'm waiting to get a good tube amp. Even through a solid-state amp the naturally great sound of the guitar is obvious. Through a high quality valve amplifier this baby would absolutly sing! Goes real good with a wah wah pedal too ;-) Feature: I've had regular "modern" Strat wiring done on this guitar. Nothing fancy. The usual suspects - 5 way switch (comes stock with a 3 way. F**k that lol), and the wiring features a master volume, tone control for neck pickup, and tone control for middle and bridge pickups. Thats it. Other features include a slim neck with a really nice feel, the vintage style small frets, and the more curved fretboard of old. I rather like this feel. Bending is a little tougher than on a flatter more modern neck with jumbo frets, but it only takes a little getting used to. I give it a 9 because there is no perfect combination of features, its all down to what you value in an instrument. Ease of Use: Very playable, very simple. There's no blender pots, active electronics, built in dry-ice machines or what have you. Just straightforward stuff. Its light and easy to hold and play for hours on end, the neck is fast and its pretty easy to find a good tone. Very versatile. Quality: Quality seems pretty good to me. I cant find anything wrong with it as such. Setup could probably use a little fine tuning, but apart from that... Definetly road worthy. Hey, its a Fender, it aint gonna break! The only thing out of the factory that I dont like is the polyurethane that they put under the nitrocellulose. I cant stand that thick plasticy crap! But thats a personal thing, you may have no problem with it. In short, if you need to do gigs and can only afford one axe, get this baby. She's versatile, tough, easy to fix if problems do occur. Thats the whole point of Leo Fender's creation. They're made to be used and abused! Value: I'd say its well worth the money. This axe sounds great, feels great and will last years and years. Manufacturer Support: I never dealt with the Fender people, so I really cant say anything about that. The Wow Factor: Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and I think this instrument is beautiful. I lusted after a real American Strat since I was 13, and now I have it. The shape, the wood, the look, the whole thing is pure coolness. The Strat is such a great example of practicality and functionality. Noting is there by accident or for decoration (except the finish colour I suppose), it all serves a purpose, and therein lies the beauty. Its a classic! Overall: I think I'll always be satisfied with this guitar. It sounds great and feels great. You cant argue with the tone! Will I supplement it? Absolutly! As long as I can afford new guitars and equipment, I'll try new things because thats what I love to do. Will I replace it? Never! You just know when you've got a "keeper", and thats what this one is. I chose this instrument because I wanted a pre-CBS Strat without paying a pre-CBS price, and now I know what all the fuss is about. If it was lost or stolen. Man, that would be a drag. I guess I'd search for another '62 reissue (or maybe even a real '62 if I could afford it!) that feels and sounds close to this one. What I like most about it is all the stuff I just said. What I like least? The polyurethane. I may even have it refinished someday, but thats a personal preference rather than any kind of technical problem.

"Yep....Its a keeper!" submitted January 5, 2008

Music Style: Funk, Blues, Rock
Sound: I've beed playing 30 years. Its sad to say I was born the same year the original was made...LOL But I've always played Strats. This one is a keeper! Outstanding resolution. The highs ring forever. Its just got that Strat sound that makes a Strat...a Strat Feature: Features on a guitar? Not sure i want features. I just want a guitar. I'll take features on my amp if anything. Comes with a 3 and 5 way switch..Leave the 3 way on..Why buy a reproduction of the original and Mod it? makes no sense. And it comes with an ashtray cover. Besides looking pretty cool it is really more trouble than its worth. Shine it up and store it away. I agree 100% with another reviewer. I really dont like the Poly on the guitar. I would remove it (especially from the back of the neck) in a second if I could. But I cant and I wont. Ease of Use: Bending notes is a little tough on this axe. I cant understand why anyone would buy this guitar and use anything less than 10 guage strings. This guitar is built to play Funk, Blues, Rock. If your into Heavy stuff an need lighter guage string then dont buy thig axe. Quality: the quality is top of the line. The select wood grain on the body is gorgeous. The neck is straigh as an arrow. This is a quality guitar. Value: PLEASE..$1500 for this guitar. Its an awesome value. I would take this guitar in a minute over a Les Paul and that guitar is $1000 more!! Of course they are great guitars also, but for funk, blues and rock this one kills the Paul Manufacturer Support: the best thing about fender supoort.. In all the years I've played fenders, I never needed them, The Wow Factor: Buy a tweed case with Poodle Red interior and you got yourself a sexy kick but axe. Especially the Sunburst...WOW Overall: Will never EVER sell this guitar. I will probably buy another guitar but thats only because I'm an addict and I gig enough to buy this stuff without using 'Family' money...LOL

"Best in the market!" submitted January 3, 2007

By a customer from att.net
Music Style: funk,rock
Sound: GREAT TONE. Also NO BUZZ like other ripp-offs Feature: comes with a great case..and great neck, HOT pickups, comes with ashtray cover that goes over the bridge for that real 60's look. Ease of Use: very light..very fast..knobs are very easy to set to your toning preference. The strrings it comes with are a little heavy for me..i changed them to 8's Quality: this thing is rugged it's beautiful(sunburst is best) it's a FENDER so you know it's made well. Value: It's a bit overpriced but it's worth every cent of it! Manufacturer Support: NEVER NEEDED IT!!! The Wow Factor: It's a beautiful piece of equipment plus it sounds beautiful also. Overall: This thing will probably outlast my kids! GET IT! you wont be dissapointed..i cant express how astounding this guitar is!

"Get ready to be" submitted January 23, 2004

By a customer from juno.com
Music Style: Rock, Blues, Country , Bluegrass
Sound: You want the classic sound of a 60's Strat, this is it. Crisp clean tone, beautiful chording and intonation. Great action and feel. I think this is as good if not better than the 63 I played in the early 60's. Feature: All the right stuff is with it, case included not a bad deal. Their is even a 5 blade selector if you care to change from the real deal, 3 Quality: How picky do you want to get? This piece is nice as they ever where, well built and beutiful to look at. Value: Every bit Manufacturer Support: I needed some info on the Fender Vintage models and they awnsered right away. Never needed any warranty etc. The Wow Factor: If your looking for the sound of earily Strats and the looks, this beauty has it all. Overall: Why look? I own one, and it does what I expected it to do, give the sound for 50's 60's rock & roll that God intented it to sound like. Iam not going to get rid of this one, I did that once.

When you call, mention priority code 15F1-DLNM. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976