When you call, mention priority code 157T-L5LZ

Rating and Reviews: Fender Strat Pickup Set

This pickup set combines modern technology and vintage Fender tone. It comes with 3 pots, a capacitor and a resistor.

"Great value, great pickups" submitted June 4, 2007

Overall
Sound: I replaced my stock single coils in my 70's reissue Mexican Stratocaster with these. It has an ash body, maple neck, and rosewood fretboard. To put it simply, the sound is fantastic. The neck and mid pickups have a shimmery, lovely clean sound. The bridge clean tone is appropriately twangy and has a nice bite and honk. Most surprisingly is that I get a very full, rich, deep bass out of the neck and mids with these pickups. I got them so I could play with distortion without drowning in noise. They are every bit as quiet as the humbuckers in my Les Paul, but with the added benefit of improving the stock single coil sound I had. You're able to play with a lot more gain with these, since the noise disappears. You can get some good rock sounds out of a guitar with these pickups, although they may have a touch too much treble for really high-gain applications. They also aren't nearly as high output as a lot humbuckers. But I've never heard any humbuckers with such nice clean tones either. Feature: The full set of 3 pickups is very reasonably priced for a complete set, and includes new potentiometers. I must confess I didn't replace the old pots though; I'll always wonder if that's some mysterious part of my Strat's wonderful tone now. Ease of Use: For a pickup installation, very easy. I have no soldering experience other than wiring in these pickups and I did OK. For the price of a tech install I bought a soldering pencil and did it myself. Word to the wise though - use a real soldering gun instead of a soldering pencil. The pencils just aren't powerful enough for the job. Quality: 7 years of use, no failures, no complaints. I gig regularly with them and the most I've ever had to do is re-solder a tailpiece ground wire. And that's certainly not the pickups' fault. The gold 'Noiseless' logo has all but faded off the covers, however. I consider that a pretty minor complain though. Value: For $130, this was one of the best music deals I've ever gotten. A full set of 3 fantastic sounding pickups that eliminate the age-old problem of Strat noise and give your guitar a tone boost besides. To compare, for my Les Paul copy it's more like $90 a pickup for Seymour Duncans (not to diss SD, they are fantastic too). Manufacturer Support: Never had to use the support, so I don't know. The Wow Factor: They look pretty nice going into you guitar, but they are pickups so the difference is subtle. Overall: Well worth the time and money. Get rid of your Strat noise and improve the tone all with one small investment in time and money.
42 of 44 people (95.45%) found this review helpful. Did you?

Fender Strat Pickup Set Customer Review submitted October 22, 2007

Music Style: Christian,blues, rock, country, folk
Sound: Lush harmonics in the number 2 position, bridge/middle, these would be the abosolute perfect pickups for a twelve string strat! However these are not good with distortion, i personally thinked they lacked character, even when played clean Feature: it did come with new pots, which was nice. The noiseless logo did look cool, but if your trying to look vintage, then the word noiseless doesnt go with your theme very well now does it? lol Ease of Use: i didnt install these ones, and the people who did install them had a very tuff time getting them to work right. Quality: Well considering the fact that i think one of the pickups i recieved had a reverse polarity neck pickup?, very strange, so had to install the wires opposite on it. The wires are pretty thick, so no danger in breaking one of them. Value: good price, if you like the sound of them, then sure its a great bargain, even just for the price alone its worth it to upgrade Manufacturer Support: It fender, one of the top manufactures, has to be good
14 of 18 people (77.78%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Good for Some, BAD for many" submitted February 25, 2008

Musical Background: 25 years as a guitarist
Music Style: Rock, as far as classic to Metal. Some blues and jazz.
Sound: I give this a 7 for sound because they do have a very nice vintage stratocaster "belltone" sound, but they DO NOT WORK WITH DISTORTION, even a little bit of distortion. They also do not have that warm tone that you can get from even an Epiphone Les Paul, with stock Korean pickups. Feature: I give this an 8 because they come in only one color, that icky aged cream and you can't get any other color of pickup covers to match your pickplate because the pole separation is proprietary. Ease of Use: You can only get that high-treble "quacky" sound and in the bridge position, it's a bit too bright and not warm enough in the neck position. Quality: It's a solid set of pickups, and after a year, they're still working, but they just don't produce the sounds I'm looking for. Value: For the price, these pickups are a great deal. They just don't give me what I want as far as low noise and vibrant tones. I'm ripping them out and replacing them with Dimarzio Area 58's, which I hear a LOT of good things about as far as not producing so much hum and giving better tones, AND working very well with distortion. I mean, come on folks, who wants to play an electric guitar without distortion? Even clean, these pickups could be better. Manufacturer Support: Never dealt with them. The Wow Factor: You know, they don't really look good unless you like the faded vintage look, but they say "Vintage" on them and that kind of blows it. Overall: Like I said, I'm just not happy with these pickups. Believe me, I WANT to be happy with them, and I applaud anyone who has left good reviews and likes the tone. For each their own. I tried to convince myself that they were what I wanted, since I spent so much money on them and had paid to have someone put them in, but in the long run, I gotta face the fire and confess that I really don't like them. I made a bad decision. The original stock pickups in the Highway one were just ghastly as far as hum, I mean they were just unbearable. However, these are just "weak."

Fender Strat Pickup Set Customer Review submitted August 22, 2004

Overall
Sound: Nothing could make it better! Feature: Simple install, straight drop in and solder leads.. good grief, how mindlessly simple. Quality: Well made, built to last! Value: Superb value! Manufacturer Support: Answered questions rapidly via email.

"great pickups" submitted May 3, 2006

Overall
Musical Background: working musician and recording artist
Music Style: rock, blues, funk, soul
Sound: my jeff beck model strat came with these pickups. they are very versitile and have alot of nice tone. i replaced the bridge because it was not beefy enough. however the pickups in the other two positions are really kicking ass! Feature: they are pickups Ease of Use: they are pickups Quality: ive had the guitar about 3 years..no pickup prob;ems, i mean what can go wrong? they are pickups! Value: the price is not too bad. Manufacturer Support: ive dealt with fender alot over the years and they always stood by their stuff The Wow Factor: i would put these in any guitar i get in the future. Overall: its what i choose to use.

"N3 Pickups are not that great for producing true, Strat tones that have that nice Mark Knopfler, David Gilmore Brick In the Wall" submitted December 8, 2010

Musical Background: Recording Engineer
Music Style: Blues, Jazz, Rock, VH, Prog Rock, Techno
Sound: I tested the N3 setup this past weekend after buying a new American Strat Deluxe. I got it home and compared the tone to my older, American STD, using vintage staggered pickups and a custom Duncan EVH model in the bridge. The neck pickup and middle pickups were compared between the two using a clean Class A amp. CLEAN: N3 neck and middle had no clarity as described. There was no nice hi-fi smooth top end nor that nice Hendrix-ish or Stevie Ray Lennie neck tone nor, was there any Mark Knopfler or Gilmore quack. These pickups are not like Strat pickups that I've played before and, even cheaper pickups yield a more strat like tone that these did. The tone is almost dead and dull with no SPRING or soft, warm compression to fatten up the sound. That was not the only thing. The balance of the bass notes was way overpowering and, again, this was at very low volume using a clean amp using a Baxendal circuit set to flat. No bass boost, and, running in Ultra Linear mode on the tranny...the bass was so running over the plain strings it was ridiculously obvious during test. While over all, I don't think they were bad sounding, just darker, or, lifeless vs. the STD pickups have tons of that nice balanced spring and hi-fi airy top end. The bridge pickup is shrill and, only when rolling the tone off at least 50% was a good tone produced. I had to get on the gain a lot and change the amp around but, I was able to get a pretty decent chunky sound out of it when playing the amp on 10 and running a tube overdrive unit into the front end of the amp to drive the amp and tranny into saturation. The back pickup didn't sound that bad at all on chords however, on single notes, it still was a bit thin and tinny. Just not the sound I'm after at all. Ease of Use: Not applicable Quality: Not sure- I've not cared to pull them apart to inspect for quality control measures and process capability study. I could care less for, they are going into the trash can or, someone can have them for free. Value: If all you need is a pickup that is quiet, it's a good deal. The Wow Factor: I like the cosmetic appearance of these pickups but, that's about it. Overall: After one use, they are going to be removed.

Fender Strat Pickup Set Customer Review submitted January 22, 2006

Musical Background: geek,player
Music Style: blues
Sound: height setting is critical-too high,no sustain and too low,brittle Feature: it'd be nice if Fender trashed the volume compensating cap and resistor, and included a smaller tone cap Manufacturer Support: none The Wow Factor: in a vintage strat, having noiseless on the pup covers doesn't work

"If all you're looking for is noise-cancellation, there are better options out there." submitted April 24, 2008

By a customer from bellsouth.net
Musical Background: Guitar player, rock musician
Music Style: Hard rock, flamenco, classical
Sound: The sound of these pickups are very lifeless and flat. Overdriving your amp is pretty pointless, as the pickups just render a weak sound. The pickups do cancel out noise, but that's really all they do. Feature: If you are only looking to cancel noise then this is what you want to use. If you want to cancel noise and get a good sound, do not use these. Use Seymour Duncan humbuckers instead. Ease of Use: You put it in and select the pickups. It's quite easy. But that's just the way a pickup works, they don't deserve much credit for that. Quality: These are just terrible pickups. Maybe if you're going for some low-level kind of alt/folk or something it might be good, but if you're playing rock, or even blues these pickups will disappoint you. Value: Again, very low. These aren't great pickups, so it's not like you could take them out of your guitar and get a handsome reward for them. Also, it's not like someone will see your guitar equipped with these and immediately covet it. Manufacturer Support: I have not had to get support on these. The Wow Factor: I have two of these in my Strat at the moment. They are only there until i can buy new pickups for it. I actually can't wait to take them out. I hate these things.

Fender Strat Pickup Set Customer Review submitted October 29, 2006

Music Style: Blues, Rock, Jazz...never metal and punk
Sound: It has the Clapton sound, just play "Bell Bottom Blues" with them and you'll know what i'm talking about. Less noise, HOWEVER, if you don't put your hand over the strings you will manage to hear a "buzz", that's something strange about this pickups..not very reliable "noiseless" pickups. Feature: The instructions were confusing, quite simple installation. Quality: Good quality, better magnets than the standard single coils. Value: It's a fair price, but a few less bucks would be better. Manufacturer Support: Own a bunch of Fender products, such as an Twin Reverb amp, one Texas Special and of course a Fender American Standard Strat. Overall: Nice vintage sound, I achieved that Clapton sound that I wanted. However, not much of that "noiseless" experience.

"Fender Noisless Strtat Pickups" submitted March 8, 2006

Overall
Musical Background: Guitar hobbyist since 1967..... I play in church.
Music Style: Country/ Blues
Sound: I purchased these about 4 years ago for an older (Blazer) Ibanez Strat clone. I really like these pickups. The factory Ibanez pickups were pretty weak and captured a lot of noise. The Fender noisless are stronger, noisless, and produce that wonderful Strat tone. I use a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe amp that contributes to the tone as well, but have played through other amps and have been pleased. Over all I would give them a 9 out of possible 10.

"Poorly constructed, unreliable, decent sound." submitted March 18, 2005

By a customer from alltel.net
Overall
Musical Background: 30+ years playing guitar.
Music Style: A La Hendrix
Sound: Hire an American to build it. Quality: Sloppy third rate construction. Had to redrill holes to mount it in the pick guard. Value: I would look for a better constructed more reliable replacement. I was very disappointed with this product. Manufacturer Support: Warranty is only valid if you are an "authorized" fender repairman. Middle pickup failed after 6 months.

"Poorly constructed, unreliable, decent sound." submitted March 18, 2005

By a customer from alltel.net
Overall
Musical Background: 30+ years playing guitar.
Music Style: A La Hendrix

When you call, mention priority code 157T-L5LZ. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976