When you call, mention priority code 20J-C7RG

Rating and Reviews: Tim Armstrong Hellcat

Modeled after punk legend Tim Armstrong's '60s Fender acoustic guitar, the Hellcat boasts a solid mahogany top, Fishman electronics and wicked fret inlays.

"This one is fire" submitted September 29, 2011

Music Style: folk,bluegrass,rock,punk,alternative
Sound: It has a really even tone great action. The look is rocknroll. Although the body is smaller it projects great. Plugged in is pretty hot as well. It sounds full and smooth. The only thing its lacking in is the tuners are hard to hit the sweet spot and the on board tuner although handy is sketchy however it works. Feature: The tuner keys and the tuner a little sketchy Ease of Use: It.plays like I paid 500+ for it. The guitar is solid and the body is tight. Mahogany is such a warm toned wood. Quality: Niiiiiiiice Value: I would pit it up against any low end Martin in sound and quality. The looks if you're in to the punk/ rockabilly thing are top notch and the action is nice. I love folky style instruments this one has a pleasing twist. As far as $300 price range is concerned it is the best bang for your buck. Manufacturer Support: Haven't had to yet fender really made a great sounding fun to play acoustic...... Can't belive I said that one. The Wow Factor: I get a lot of complements on the inlays as wellbas the dark mahogany body with the light maple neck the contrast is supurb. The set up is slightly better than advertised. It's a fishman preamp and pickup the battery box is actually housed on the bottom with the imput which I love. The tuner reads out what the notes are on a digital display, and the tone and volume controls are knobs as opposed to sliders which I like Overall: This baby will be my main squeeze for years to come.
21 of 22 people (95.45%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Beautiful sound for a good price" submitted June 3, 2015

By Ethan Smith in Dyess AFB, TX
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing for about 3 years. I've recieved no special training. I play the drums for my church Worship Team.
Music Style: Christian, Rock, Reggae, etc.
Overall: I was very surprised at how nice this guitar is. It has more of a crisp sound than it does Bass. I am very satisfied with the price as well. It has such a unique design too. It's ironic because I am Christian and play worship music with a guitar called the "Hellcat".

"awesome" submitted March 28, 2014

By Alvin E in tampa, FL
Musical Background: 12+ years playing rock and blues
Music Style: Love flamenco, blues and rock
Overall: Love it! Neck is a bit small for me since I'm used to Spanish classical guitars. Love the sound, a crisp clean sound compared to my classic. Details on the neck look awesome and the matte finish makes it stand out from all the other guitars I own. It's an acoustic guitar with attitude!!!

"Sweet Little Guitar!" submitted September 24, 2015

By Robert D in Wadsworth, OH
Musical Background: Playing guitar for over 30+ years
Music Style: Heavy metal to bluegrass and everything in between!
Overall: I bought this guitar for a general play anywhere utility instrument. After receiving and tuning it up, I was impressed with the sound and action right out of the box. The overall feel is of a much higher priced guitar. I was worried it wouldn't project much sound..wrong! I was even more impressed after playing through my Blackheart 5watt amp, the sound was unbelievable! Highly recommend this gem at a very affordable price.

"Everything It Says And MORE!!" submitted July 4, 2012

By Jessie L in Oklahoma City, OK
Overall
Musical Background: 20 yr. Pro Musician,Playing Guitar,Bass,Vocals,my forte' is Drumming.
Music Style: Pop/Rock,Alternative, Pop Punk, Blues and even some Country/Red Dirt....this is Oklahoma after all.
Overall: I actually got a Blimished model for cheaper from Zzounds and strait out of the box was very impressed with the quality and look of this guitar! Even though it is a "thinner" acoustic than normal, the mahogony top, back and sides really make this baby sing. It projects well and sounds amazing plugged into a nice clean amp. The old school look of this thing is the cherry on top. This is truely a beautiful guitar. The maple neck and inlays really make it "pop". If you are looking for a vintage look and great sounding electric-acoustic, this is the one for you. Buy it! you will love it!

"Guitar I pick up most now." submitted August 4, 2013

By Tim M in Grayslake, IL
Music Style: Rock, Blues Rock, SOme alternative Rock
Overall: My title says it all in my humble opinion. This has become the guitar I am most likely to pick up and play, noodle or practice. My Taylor sits all the time now. My electrics are also getting a lot less time. I started with Electrics. I always wanted an acoustic that played, fit and felt like my electrics. Well, that is nigh on impossible. However, this Hellcat comes as close as you can ask for. I also wanted a smaller body. For practice, I don't really need the volume of a big dreadnaught. Of all the other Acoustics I tried of similar size, The Hellcat just sounded best. It's a balanced tone, not too bright, not too boomy, scooped, etc. The neck is one of more comfortable I've found. reminds me of my Taylor, as well as my Les Pauls. Satin finish is very fast to play. Also has a nice radius that I like. Body fits and feels nice. Really comfortable to play. Love the Mahogany grain all the way around. The guitar is really beautiful look to it. I could do with, or without the hellcat and skull. But, they do set it apart. The Fishman electronics were MADE for this guitar. They sound great together. Ran through my Zoom A3, the Hellcat sounds glorious. A part of me knows my Taylor is a better guitar. But, I am likely selling it, as it is NOT a better guitar for me. The Hellcat, fits well, plays extremely well, is comfortable, and sounds good. I'm giving it a 5, because at this price, it rates a 5. If it were $100-200 more, then a 4.

"Great Guitar" submitted October 14, 2014

By Lynne C in Buffalo, NY
Overall
Musical Background: Playing for 30 years. Guitar, flute, piano. Professionally and home recording.
Overall: I normally play an Ovation, but after having back and neck surgery, I wanted something a bit smaller. This guitar is perfect. The action is smooth, no fret buzz. The sound is deeper and richer than any other electric/acoustic I have ever played. Super-easy to play bar chords. I have recorded with this guitar, and it sounds sooo good. Great guitar for anyone, beginner or pro.

When you call, mention priority code 20J-C7RG. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976