When you call, mention priority code 14RJ-R9CX

Rating and Reviews: Fender DG-8S Guitar Pack

The Fender DG-8S is a great way to get started playing guitar. The DG-8S package includes everything you need to begin playing.

"The best guitar package for someone to start with!" submitted March 25, 2009

By a customer from cox.net
Overall
Sound: Very good for an acoustic guitar in this price range! It sounds as good as many guitars that cost double the price. Feature: The tuners are very nice. You get a decent gig bag . Also a nice tuner . Very easy to get this guitar in perfect tune. The DVD is OK and helps beginners. You get an extra set of strings which are good quality. Ease of Use: I found this guitar to be easy to play. I have average size hands and the nut width is narrow and easy to play basic chords. Quality: Very good quality! The fit and finish is as good as some more expensive guitars. The clear finish is durable and maintains its shine over the years. I have had mine for 4 years. I did have to take it to a Technician because the action became to low. $20.00 and a new set of strings and it is as good as ever. Value: I mean really $200.00 for a guitar that I learned to play Stairway to Heaven on. I still have it. It no longer is my main guitar as I rewarded my sticking to lessons with a Breedlove Passport Acoustic. Manufacturer Support: I have not had to use it. But the guy that I go to is a Fender warranty center. He has always said that they take care of there customers. The Wow Factor: It is pretty basic. But looks as good as most other acoustics with the natural finish. Overall: I have played this guitar for a long time. There is no indication that it is in anyway near its end of its liftime.
22 of 23 people (95.65%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Awesome! Summed up in one word =P" submitted January 15, 2008

By a customer from hotmail.co.uk
Overall
Musical Background: In a band, music writer and avid player.
Music Style: Folk, Flamenco, Rock, Comedy.
Sound: Rich sounding, pretty much perfect for my stlye of playing and it sounds reli nice on a recording. Feature: Came with everything i needed! Ease of Use: very easy to use, tune and the action is niiice. VERY playable. Quality: Its lasted ages and its a nice looking guitar. Value: Pretty good for the money. its better than most guitars of the same preice Manufacturer Support: I didnt talk 2 the company but ill put 10 anyway =) The Wow Factor: its not a very "showy" guitar so i dont think many people will lust for it but it is nice looking Overall: If i could give it 8 and a half i would but overall its an excellent guitar and i recomend it to anyone!

"Buy It!!!" submitted December 10, 2007

Overall
Musical Background: Active Muscian..
Music Style: Acoustic,Alternative,Indie,Punk,Rock
Sound: The sound of this guitar will surprise you!! I have been a drummer for 9 years and decided to pick up my acoustic recently and start writing some of my own material..The guitar has an amazing tone and clarity. My buddy plays a 2,000 dollar martin and these two guitars compliment each other very well...I think this guitar sounds better when playing solos compared to my buddy's martin...But the martin has a more fuller sounds when it comes to strumming...Great starter and intermediate!!! Feature: Good features and a great looking guitar!! Ease of Use: Super easy to use...I had let a friend use the guitar and he had it for about a year..in this time the neck became slightly warped, probably due to mistreatment. A little allen wrench work took care of that problem which also took care of the buzzing from the raised strings, due to warping. Keep it dry and in a case and there wont be a prob... Quality: Replaced bridgepins...equipped elixirs...little elbow grease and TLC and its a great guitar!! Value: Look at the price..question answered. Manufacturer Support: Never used... The Wow Factor: I like the way the guitar looks and its not to over bearing or generic looking... Overall: Im currenty looking for a good acoustic-electric to add to the arsenal for when I play acoustic shows...Ill keep this one for writing and playing by myself, or as a backup.
17 of 19 people (89.47%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Buy it you cannot go wrong" submitted February 2, 2008

Musical Background: Beginning Musician
Music Style: Acoustic, Indie, Rock, Folk
Sound: Very good sound for a cheap acoustic. When others have played it after playing their own, more expensive guitars they were always impressed. Feature: It came with everything you need to get started. The tuner is the best tuner I've ever had. I didn't really use the DVD at all because I had lessons/taught myself. Ease of Use: The action is a little high but you can adjust it or just learn to play it high. At first my fingers hurt very bad but when they got toughened up I could play for hours. Playing lead parts is pretty hard. Quality: I have not had a problem yet. I've bumped it against wall and dropped it here and there but it still sounds great. It survived a 6 hour train trip in a hard case too. Value: This is a very good product for the money. Most expensive models that i've seen have had more problems than this one. Manufacturer Support: I haven't had to use the support. The Wow Factor: Not the most beautiful work of art but I don't really care. It's just your plain, basic acoustic guitar. Overall: I could continue playing this guitar for years and years. Somewhere along the line if I get good enough I may upgrade to a more expensive acoustic-electric but this one works just find for now. This is everything I've wanted and a little bit more.
11 of 13 people (84.62%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Keeps it's tuning well. Worth the money for this alone." submitted July 14, 2005

Overall
Musical Background: Music backround, new to guitar.
Music Style: All acoustic.
Sound: Even brand new out of the box this guitar keeps it's tuning well. Happily, it's in tune right up the fretboard, and the harmonic is pretty damn perfect. Feature: Useful extras, the DVD is very clear and easy to understand for a beginner. Quality: Shiny, smooth, feels as though it's well made.

"Great buy for your buck!" submitted May 9, 2009

Overall
Sound: Good sound for such an inexpensive guitar. If you didn't know the price, you would never guess it was this inexpensive. I've played guitars costing 3 times as much that sound just as good. Feature: Unbelievable features for the money. Tuner, strap, winder, gig bag, I mean you name it, you got it. Great value. Ease of Use: Simple, straighforward, dreadnought guitar. Quality: Surprisingly good quality considering it is Chinese made. Great beginner guitar, or just a backup acoustic. Value: By far the best value for your dollar. You cannot buy another guitar package in this price range and get this value. The Wow Factor: Middle of the road, nothing special about this guitar. Overall: I would definitely buy this guitar if you need a good quality, inexpensive guitar. I don't make a living playing guitar, I just like to play around the house for fun, and this guitar is perfect for that!

"Beautiful Instrument" submitted October 31, 2012

By a customer from tampabay.rr.com
Overall
Overall: This is my first guitar. Although I am a novice, I think it sounds pretty good. It's perfect for me -- nice size and good looking.

"Perfect guitar, LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT!!!?" submitted September 27, 2008

Musical Background: Beginner
Music Style: Acoustic
Sound: Beautiful sound! Feature: This product came with everything i needed to start playing guitar, perfect for beginners! Ease of Use: This guitar is very easy to get good sounds, i just luv it Quality: This guitar definatly has good quality for a good price also! Value: I personaly think that the price of this package is wonderful!!! I love it!!! Manufacturer Support: Fender is an awesome musics company, anything and everything, i get from them, great guitars and accesories! The Wow Factor: I personally think this guitar is beutiful, and simple, It has a nice, perfect shine and it is just very very pretty! Overall: I expect this guitar to last me a while and if it got lost or stolen I would probably get another FENDER acoustic, not nessasarily this exact one, but something like it!

"FENDER DG8 PACK" submitted June 19, 2009

Overall
Sound: this guitar as a great acoustic tone for the money. it really matters what strings you have on it. i had one pack of strings one month and a different one the next month. they sounded totaly different. This guitar will amp any string vibration depending on the strings. a fair amount of sustain. Feature: mahogany, and maple spruce: great woods to make a guitaor of. tuners, they'll stay in tune for a while, but i would not reccommend using it on stage, it could go out of tune very quicly. pickguard, how do u rate that? black binding, nice.wierd pattern around soundhole. WISH IT WASNT THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ease of Use: i hate the thick ness of the necks on acoustic guitars, but this one is very comfortable. The fretbourd os greatly scalloped, stinks it dosent have much sustain. the action is way high and the strings are a bit to tight. Quality: the product is made very sturdy.i always bump it when i walk around the halls with it. not a single nick of screatch. Value: this is a great value. you get a good guitar and a bunch of stuff to go with it. the case is horrible though. it knocks the guitar out of tune. Manufacturer Support: never had to deal with them. The Wow Factor: the color is a yellow woody color. no finish hate it. looks shabby. Overall: this guitar is not a stage guitar, great for practice and fun.

"From an old whittlers view point." submitted February 14, 2004

Overall
Music Style: I like all kinds. Chet Atkins type music.
Sound: Good sound. Feature: I just got a Guitar and Hard Shell Case. Quality: Given proper care it should last hundreds of years. A boy brought a Gibson Dove into my shop a few weeks ago it had been stored in an attic for several years. When he opened the case it was split right down the middle. It was loose and dry as a bone. This Guitar wasn't well cared for and will cost a small fortune to fix. But it can be fixed. Value: Well worth the selling price. Manufacturer Support: Yes, I got to talk with a person and they knew somthing about music. That is better than I got with AOL. The Wow Factor: I am not fond of this color and finish. Overall: I have many Guitars and am always looking for the perfict machine. I have maany major brands and stiles and to date my favoriate is Martin D-16 series. Great for sound. Jasmine S-35 Talk about more bang for the buck. $100 dollar Guitar that sounds like a Million. I've played concerts with this one.

"Thanks but no thanks" submitted August 12, 2004

Overall
Sound: The sound of this product is fantastic, unfornatly it is extremly difficult to play. The strings were way to high off the frets. I know it is only a 200.00 guitar but you should at least be able to play bar cords fairly easyly up to "B" on the neck. A beginer would easyly give up trying to learn.

Fender DG-8S Guitar Pack Customer Review submitted October 20, 2004

Music Style: Jazz, Blues, Drums
Sound: good sound, good clarity Feature: This is a great package. Plenty of stuff to get started for a low price. Quality: The actual guitar is great and the bag and everything else is pretty good but the tuner sucks. Maybe I just got unlucky but it never worked. I returned it 3 times and each one was broken. Value: Awesome value The Wow Factor: I think it's a great looking guitar. It's got a 'classic' accoustic guitar look

"Wow,... awful." submitted April 28, 2008

By a customer from aim.com
Music Style: Rock, Alternative, Indie, etc
Sound: I was a total beginner when I received this guitar. I thought it sounded good, but upon further comparison I have realized it is a lackluster, dull sound. Very unimpressive. Feature: It does come with everything you need to get started except a quality guitar. Ease of Use: I will give it a 7 under Ease of Use because of the fact it comes with a DVD that teaches you how to play some basic stuff. Quality: This guitar is an awful example of quality control. Let me tell you, I have known 3 people to have purchased this guitar and every one of them have had the exact same problem. The neck is a two peice neck and it snapped in half where the glued the two peices together. All of my acquaitences and I have experienced the same problem. Terrible product, Fender. Value: You get a guitar that breaks in two months, a tuner, a peg winder, a dvd, some strings, and a gig bag. You want to pay $200 for THAT? I suggest saving up your money for an Ibanez. That's a quality guitar. Manufacturer Support: I have dealt with Fender. The Wow Factor: It is a so-so looking acoustic guitar. Overall: I am already unsatisfied with this product. It lasted three months. I immediatly bought a $250 Ibanez that blew my mind for the money. It lasted 4 years then was dropped by careless movers from a height of atleast 5 feet off the moving truck. The headstock snapped off. I am currently in the process of saving for an Ibanez Artwood series guitar.

"Like a used car, needs lots of maintenance." submitted June 12, 2013

By Rob L in Las Vegas, NV
Overall
Musical Background: Beginner guitar.
Music Style: Folk rock.
Overall: Got this this in November 2011. When arrived, action was too high. zZounds couldn't do anything about it except offer a refund. Spend $50 at Guitar Center to have the action lowered. Now about 7 months later, June 2013, the action is too low and I'm getting fret buzz on three strings. Maybe it's the desert dryness in Vegas that causes the drastic warp, but I wouldn't expect it from a name like Fender. Next, time, I'll just save longer and get a Gibson, Martin, or Taylor.

Fender DG-8S Guitar Pack Customer Review submitted July 9, 2006

Overall
Sound: Well this guitar was my first guitar,and it souned preety good. But compared to my new elictric guitar (shecter omen 6string) it didn't sound good Feature: I like all the accessories like the DVD and Tunner etc. the DVD came in handdy a lot. Ease of Use: it was preety easy to figure out all you really have to do is tune it and start jamming. Quality: The guitar seemed like it was made and not really made to fenders abillty.

"an unavoidable item but all affordable" submitted October 8, 2004

Overall
Sound: average Feature: complete Quality: there(3) years Value: Yes Manufacturer Support: No The Wow Factor: Yes Overall: 3 years

When you call, mention priority code 14RJ-R9CX. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976