When you call, mention priority code 141J-K8NB

Rating and Reviews: Fender Pawn Shop Mustang

Generate a powerful sound with this mustang guitar from Fender. Features a rosewood fretboard, a pickup toggle switch, and double humbucker configuration.

Overall

"For the money, this is a great buy. I would not hesitate to buy another "blemished" guitar from ZZounds." submitted January 5, 2012

Musical Background: Playing guitar for 40 years as a hobbyist
Music Style: Classic Rock
Sound: I play classic rock as many of us do. I like the sound of this guitar, good treble and bass. Easy to switch with the coil splittig. Feature: For the price, this is a feature rich guitar. The build material is good. I was surprised by the quality of the included gig bag. Ease of Use: Very easy to use, like my Fender Strat and Tele. I usually just plug in and play. Can't be easier than that. Quality: I bought a "blemished" LP Blue one. If it's blemished, I can't find it. When it arrived, it looked new and never opened. For a lower priced Japanese Fender, I think the quality is first rate. Value: As with the quality of the instrument, the value was very good for the money spent. Not sure I'd buy a Chinese guitar, but ones from Japan and Korea are usually worth the money Manufacturer Support: Never used support. The Wow Factor: I bought this guitar mainly for the name. I go by "Mustang Mike". I was pleasently surprised by how good this guitar is for the money. Overall: This one is a keeper. If lost or stolen, I would replace it with another Mustang Special.

"Fender Mustang Special" submitted October 18, 2011

Music Style: Experimental
Sound: Sound quality is fantastic. I tend to stick with humbuckers and rock the 3-way toggle, but I'll definitely use a single at the bridge when I need a twang. 18 combinations? Check your math Fender... 3 options in the bridge humbucker, 9 in combination, and 3 at the neck... I'm pretty sure that adds up to 15... Maybe the tone knob makes up for the other 3... Either way, there are many good tones available Feature: Product included a gig bag... No warranty, no manual, no Allen wrench, nothing else... Not sure if this is due to zzounds or fender... the box had been opened... I downloaded the warranty info from the website here... I bought the recommended hardshell case along with it... The guitar fits well, but it is not the case shown in the picture... There are no covered compartments as shown, and the first couple uses left black hairs all over the guitar... Ease of Use: The knob / switch layout makes sense to me... Big part of why I purchased... Intuitive, versatile design Quality: This guitar showed up with tighter action out of the box than my AmStdStrat and GibLPSpecial... Couldn't find a single flaw anywhere... My les Paul special showed up with a loose 3-way toggle and sloppy paint around some edges... This guitar is pristine Value: Unbelievable value Manufacturer Support: N/A The Wow Factor: Soooo sexy... To me... It is a small guitar, so that may be a turn off for some Overall: I'm happier with this guitar, and find it much more playable and versatile, than more expensive instruments

"Fantastic Guitar! Only One Disappointment" submitted August 9, 2012

By Michael Rehbaum in Rochester, NY
Overall
Musical Background: 20+ Year guitarist.
Music Style: Rock, Blues, Folk
Overall: I absolutely LOVE my Mustang Special. SO many tones. The neck is fantastic. I do agree that 9's are light on a neck of this scale. I'll be putting 10's on it soon. But that's no big deal. Over all this is a very musical instrument that is a total joy to play. I can't stop playing it! My one disappointment...I read all over the internet that the Pawn Shop Series was made in Japan. This guitar was made in Mexico. Now I don't think that the Mexican made Fenders are bad guitars at all (this one is fantastic in fact), but the resale value is much less for a MIM vs a MIJ. I just wish I'd know that I was paying this much for a MIM Fender. I likely would have still bought it (esp after having played it), but I know that I won't ever be able to re-sell it for as much as if it were a MIJ Fender. Don't let the MIM stop you though. This is a great, flexible, musical guitar!

"Looks good sounds eh." submitted December 7, 2011

By No
Music Style: Fake jazz Zappa fusion
Sound: Stange noises and pops. When I tremelo pick I get a horrible scratching growl. I like the sound of the neck humbucker. Except when it decides to make ugly grunts. I can play an Fmaj7 in the first position comfortably. No sharp edges on the nut. Neck feels thin. I will either get used to it or take another fender to Good Will. It seems to stay in tune fairly well. The strings from the factory are super bendy. I have only played this for a couple of weeks. I find myself playing my other guitars more than my brand new fender. It just doesn't feel like an $800 guitar. Feature: Gig bag is nicer than I expected. Ease of Use: Small neck makes stretch chords easier. Light body is comfortable. Quality: For the money spent - quality is lacking. Less expensive higher quality guitars are available. I am a sucker for the fender name. Value: No The Wow Factor: I will not be able to make music with this guitar as it is now. I will have to have a professional guitar tech fix the strange grinding grunting moans coming from the pickups. Not really moans more like static scratches.

When you call, mention priority code 141J-K8NB. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976