When you call, mention priority code 1715-2XH2

Rating and Reviews: Fender Tele Thinline DLX

With a mahogany body loaded with a pair of MP-90 single-coils, the affordable Modern Player Telecaster Thinline is a fantastic choice for your first Tele.

"Great Value in a Thinline" submitted September 13, 2013

By Paul L in Denver, CO
Overall
Musical Background: 35+ years as a semi-professional guitarist/bassist/vocalist.
Music Style: Classic Rock, Blues Rock, Country Rock, R&B/Soul, Straight Blues
Overall: I can accept the critiques of those who say these are a bit "hit and miss" coming from the manufacturer so inspect them well. My first one arrived with a bad toggle switch and a setup that pretty much told me I'd need to shim the neck to get the action where I like it. So it went back. Now here I'll credit zZounds with 5 stars as Customer Support in lieu of Manufacturer Support. They were able to get this exchange done in less than a week even with a Sunday and a Holiday in between. They were very efficient shipping the initial order and just as efficient taking care of my problem with an exchange for another. The replacement was perfect in all respects. I have very little neck relief in my setup and I'm able to get the action quite low with no fret buzz at all. The fret work is very good and the finish on the fret ends as well. Overall the fit and finish of this guitar is excellent and the way the grain shows through the transparent black finish actually results in more of a chocolate or charcoal brown color. It's a different look and very nice. The only issue I have with the tone is that the neck pick is a little dark and muddy sounding to my ears so I intend to replace the volume and tone pots and brighten it a bit. Other than that these pickups have a very strong output and actually sound better than I expected since I'm seldom a fan to any of Fender's stock pickups. The playability is excellent for a guitar in this price range. I've wanted a P90 equipped Telecaster to add to my guitar herd for quite sometime and this model seemed to offer the best value for the price. I'm quite pleased with it and I'd have no problem with recommending it to others. It's a very nice guitar.

"brand new tele sound with all the Fender spank I love - could maybe use better tuners - time will tell" submitted December 1, 2011

Overall
Sound: has the tele spank with the mahogany sweetness - sort of a gibsacaster Feature: the p90s - like the individual vol and tone Ease of Use: still learing what it will do Quality: have not owned it very long but fit and finish is superb Value: $400 - wow The Wow Factor: versatile and new tele sound Overall: if it holds up I will pass it to my grandkids

"OK for a beginner" submitted October 1, 2012

By Terry B in Macon, GA
Overall
Musical Background: 43 years, lead guitar, steel guitar, banjo, dobro, drums, bass, keyboard. Play professionally
Music Style: I play country, southern rock, blues
Overall: I've owned this guitar for about a month. I expected a little better for the money. The P90 pickups are great! Good sound that is expected from them. Overall good feel. Light weight and the neck is smooth and has the Tele feel. MY GRIPE... I've been playing 43 years building and setting up my own guitars. I thought I would add this one to my collection because of the price and because I didn't own a thinline. THE NECK: I have adjusted the truss rod and even shimmed the neck and still cannot get the strings lowered to my comfort zone without fret buzz. They are way over the 4/64 standards and still buzz on the top. As stated, maybe ok for a beginner but I would not recommend for professional pickers. Made in China will be a BIG turnoff for me from now on.
11 of 13 people (84.62%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"A little bummed..." submitted February 10, 2012

By Scott R in Roeland Park, KS
Musical Background: 15 years, 10 professionally
Music Style: Rock & Roll
Overall: Let me begin by saying that I think this guitar is beautiful. Unfortunately I am a little disappointed with the quality. I know that I should expect to get what I paid for, but there were some glaring errors on this one. The string tree completely missed my G string so a new set of string trees had to be put on at my expense (no big deal, but hey...). I notice what seems to be more than P-90 buzz in the electronics that seems to be a grounding issue. My jack was about ready to fall out when it arrived. The BIG kicker for me (and yes, it was my fault for jumping in headfirst), I installed a new super distortion P-90 pickup and push-pull pot, then took it to a trusted tech to get a setup and my neck is slightly twisted, making lighter action nearly impossible. Zzounds has been great, but Fender... c'mon dudes!!! I would return, or at least exchange it, but at this point removing the pickup and new pot seems like too much trouble, and a new setup would put me just too far into a $450 guitar... really bummed!!!
13 of 19 people (68.42%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Fender Modern Player Telecaster Thinline Deluxe" submitted February 25, 2014

By Edward Aleman in Canutillo, TX
Overall
Musical Background: 5 years. guitar and bass. jam at home.
Music Style: whatever happens man. whatever happens.
Overall: Dude this guitar is awesome. It has a standard Telecaster neck, which a little to skinny in my opinion.. the semi hollow part of it is beautiful! It has a really very full sound. The p90 pickups are diverse, you can get a fat tone with both pickups the bridge pickup can all sharp for some punk stuff I'm playing. I sold a mex strat to get some money for this. Strats are too clean for me. And quacky. This guitar gets more round but you can still get the jangle when you want it. Buy this guitar. Buy it. Get from zzounds too. Amen.

"Fender Modern Player Telecaster Thinline Deluxe." submitted February 23, 2014

By Edward Aleman in Canutillo, TX
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing about 5 years. I play guitar and bass, I just jam at home.
Music Style: Whatever happens man. Whatever happens.
Overall: This guitar is awesome. I First discovered it at guitar center and I played it there for a couple of months. But like usually happens at that place where everyone can grab it and stuff the action got all messed up and I was like why would I get it here. All these strangers dirty hands all over my guitar? I came to zzounds and got it on the play pay program. I'm still bragging about this site to everyone! On top of that they have outstanding customer service. I spoke to someone twice on the phone, I got my guitar in about four days! 100% satisfied. Ever since then I have ordered a nice fender tweed case for this telecaster, and an epiphone case for my epiphone eb3 bass. I'll be coming back to this site FOR EVER.

When you call, mention priority code 1715-2XH2. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976