When you call, mention priority code 1561-W7VC

Rating and Reviews: Fender Modern Strat HSS

Get more sounds out of your Strat. An amazing deal on an iconic guitar, the Modern Player Stratocaster HSS features a humbucking pickup at the bridge.

"Surprizing Quality and Sound" submitted January 6, 2014

By Bill v in Golden, CO
Overall
Musical Background: 40+ years playing primarily acoustic; semi-professionally and recreationally
Music Style: rock, country rock
Overall: I am amazed with everything about this guitar. I've been playing acoustic for many years and decided to add an electric to my (limited) collection. The iconic strat was a good place to start, but not at $1100 for American-made. I first noticed the Modern Player in a catalog and researched it on the net. Lots of good reviews, so I ordered from zZounds. This is my 2nd or 3rd purchase from them (though I still don't know how to pronounce their name), and each purchase has been an excellent experience. Timely delivery, expert packaging, and you can't beat the payment options, especially since you can use your own card. I even had to take photos as I unpacked the guitar - it was so ingeniously and snugly packaged. The guitar is beautiful (I got Olympic White) - flawless finish, no faults whatsoever that I could find. I changed the pick guard to tortoise-shell and did some set up myself, as the action was a bit high for my taste and the intonation was a bit off. But after all, it's made of wood and I would expect some expansion or shrinkage as the guitar has been handled and shipped from wherever (China to who-knows-where to the US to Colorado). The sound is excellent; each of the 5 positions (I suppose 6 if you count the split humbucker) produces a different and classically Fender sound. My recommendation is to get this guitar before Fender wakes up and jacks up the price! (No experience with Manufacturer Support.)

"Modern Player/Modern Beauty!" submitted April 17, 2012

By Dean Kesler in Oconto Falls, WI
Overall
Musical Background: Started playing guitar at 12, with first paying gig at age 18 in 1981. I play guitar, bass, drums.
Music Style: Non-specific. Classic to modern country., Southern Rock, Oldies, etc...
Sound: The Modern Player HSS can handle everything from Hank Williams Sr, to AC/DC! The versatility of the tones is amazing! Feature: The Push/Pull Rear Coil Selector Switch on Tone Control 2 was what led me to choose this Strat over a normal SSS Strat...huge feature! Other than that it is a pretty straight forward HSS Strat.The Silverburst color is another unique feature that really makes this guitar stand out. Ease of Use: Very playable, versatile guitar. Great feeling neck and easy to play. Quality: This where I was very happy! Yes, it's made in China but folks, that's not a bad thing! I simply cannot find any build flaws at all! No problems with electronic buzzing, string buzz, absolutely no problems at all! Value: I would say that it is worth every penny I paid for it! I honestly can't say it's worth more but, it looks,plays and sounds like it's worth more! Manufacturer Support: N/A The Wow Factor: She's got it!!! Overall: The Fender Modern Player Strat HSS arrived on time and nearly ready to go. A quick tune-up and it was ready for a test run.The first thing you notice when you once the box is how beautiful it looks! A Strat is a thing of beauty to begin with but, add the Siverburst finish and it's just stunning!The classic "C" shaped neck is as comfortable as I have come to expect from a Strat. The sound on this Modern Player HSS is amazing. This is a great guitar for multi-styles of music from, country to rock! The Humbucker in the bridge position produces a more than adequate growl. My favorite sound is the bridge/middle pick-up together with the tone set high. Folks hold the Classic Vibe Squier in high esteem as do I and, this compares well or even surpasses them! I read as many reviews as I could before buying, only paying attention to those written by actual owners of the guitar. The only ones that were not positive reviews were those who got a guitar that needed t be set-up and hold that against the guitar itself. They don't take into consideration what a guitar goes through when it is shipped. The shipping companies bounce them around, they go through who knows how many climate changes and yes, sometimes they DO need to be professionally set-up. Mine did not.You won't regret buying this guitar. If you do have issues, take it to a near-by shop and have a pro set it up for you.
32 of 33 people (96.97%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Wow" submitted November 25, 2013

By Michael S in South Park, PA
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing electric guitar and some bass for 45 years. Belonged to several bands over the years, now just strummin.
Music Style: Rock and Blues.
Overall: A beautiful instrument, GREAT price. Handles nicely and ohh that Fender sound... In addition it came with a case, a chord and a fancy Fender strap! Can't beat it.

"Beautiful paint scheme" submitted January 5, 2014

By Tim E in Belen, NM
Overall
Musical Background: 30 years of making noise. It is only a hobby for me.
Music Style: I love Jazz, blues and Hendrix.
Overall: I bought this Strat mostly for the Grey sunburst finish. Good thing that is the reason as the neck isn't the typical neck I am used to on my other Strats. It does sound incredible. Would be hard pressed to buy another one as this one will spend it's time in the case and won't be played much.

"Great value" submitted October 23, 2012

By James Scherer in Jim Thorpe, PA
Overall
Musical Background: Playing for 33 years currently a semi pro playing 100 shows or more annually
Music Style: R&B and Soul review a Classic Rock act for fun
Overall: I purchased this to be a back up guitar to my Gibson Les Paul. I play over 100 shows a year and many of them are outside over the summer so I thought this my be a good back up, well I simply love this guitar. Forget about the fact that this was made in China the fit and finnish on this guitar is perfect. The playability right out of the box was perfect without even setting it up. The tone flexibility is great, the humbucker at the bridge gives a real nice growl maybe not as much as a Les Paul but certainly it's a humbucker. Pulling the tone pot splits it to a single coil and gives it a real Strat sound. The middle and neck pick ups give the traditional Fender tone. The frets and fingerboard and finish on the neck are perfect. I got the silver burst which looks great and zZounds service was fantastic I ordered the Item on a Thurs. night and it arrived Mon. Thanks for the 4 payment plan it certainly helps us working musicians.

"modern player hss guitar" submitted November 26, 2012

By john s in los angeles, CA
Overall
Musical Background: began 2 yrs. ago-am 66 yrs. old.
Music Style: just a beginner,still working on bar chords.
Overall: took me awhile to understand the significance of this guitar.But after screwing my head on straight i realized that this guitar-for the price-is what i wanted (because i don't have thousands to spend) I love the defferent sounds produced by the guitar and the size,works great for people with small hands and short fingers.thanx!

"Good Entry Level Stratocaster at a Good Price." submitted March 6, 2014

By John Jenkins in Jasper, AL
Overall
Musical Background: I have been a part time player since I was 12,been playing for 48 years
Music Style: Southern Rock and Roll,Country sometimes,
Overall: I had always been a Gibson / Epiphone,Les Paul Player due to the sounds of their Humbucker Pickups,deep and dark and powerful.I decided to give the Modern Player Strat a shot,I knew going in that due to the price not to expect too much.I tuned it up.I didn't adjust anything,plugged it into my Orange Tube amp and started playing.I was pleasantly surprised.The neck was very nice,the frets were very good.I took my time switching through the pickups,dialing in the tone and volume.I have owned a lot of guitars in my 60 years on earth and this is a well made electric guitar.I usually buy nothing made out of America.The reviews about this guitar are spot on.The bridge humbucker makes the sound combinations very nice and I would give this Spotless,Silverburst Stratocaster 5 stars.This is the best money spent on any guitar I've ever owned.Thanks to the guys and girls at zZounds they always take care of their customers.

"Modern Player Strat Homerun" submitted March 31, 2014

By John J
Overall
Musical Background: 44 years playing guitar part time,Play for enjoyment at home
Music Style: Classic Rock,some country,lotta blues
Overall: Having owned and played several Gibson,Epiphone and Fender electric guitars.Each have their own distinct sounds.I like the Humbuckers that Gibson and Epiphone both use,powerful and deep and I like the bright sounds of the Fender Telecaster and Strat.I decided to try a lower priced Fender Strat with the combined Humbucker,Single coil,Single coil pickup arrangement and not break the bank in case I didn't like the sound.The Silverburst Stratocaster is spectacular in appearance,no flaws in the finish.Played it through an Orange,Tiny Terror amp.I must say that I was pleasantly surprised.There is a wide variety of sounds,the one I prefer is the Bridge Humbucker and Center Single Coil,switch position two.This gives me the sound I was looking for,a Stratocaster with a Les Paul deep mix sound.I am as happy as I can be.If you are looking for a nice guitar without breaking the bank that will give you a variety of sounds,this is a very good buy.It came set up very well,I haven't made any adjustments because it doesn't need any.I own a Gibson Les Paul,Fender Telecaster,Epiphone Les Paul and now this Modern Player Strat.I hate to say it but I play this guitar more than I play the others.

"Modern player strat" submitted March 24, 2013

By Stephen Chatman in Eureka, CA
Musical Background: Hobby
Music Style: Rock/blues
Overall: I bought one few months ago I love the neck very easy for a beginner. I have not been happy with the pick up so pulled the pick guard to see what routing it had and to see if I could find out more about pick ups I have and I found the center of guitar had been drilled with 2quarter inch holes ,it appears that someone bought this guitar drilled two holes through middle of guitar and patched tremo side. With paint so it would not show when setting up tremo springs. Can not understand why someone would do that. Going to replace electrics with some tex-mex and a better humbucker and full size pots.

When you call, mention priority code 1561-W7VC. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976