When you call, mention priority code 1ZY-X8HP

Rating and Reviews: Fender '65 Deluxe Reverb

Thanks to Fender's Vintage Reissue series, the all-tube 22-watt combo amp that tore up the '60s is back -- with the original 12" speaker, reverb and vibrato.

"The best bang for your buck, don't miss it" submitted January 30, 2011

By a customer from nc.rr.com
Overall
Sound: The sound that built the company, contained in one fantastic amp. I owned an amp like this in the 60's and Fender copied all of the sound I rember and loved. Feature: Vibrato and reverb that sweetens the sound Ease of Use: Same controls that we had in the 60's true and clear Quality: Sturdy and built to last Manufacturer Support: Fender offers a 5 year warranty, what more can you ask. I own several other Fender amps and they standby products. The Wow Factor: sharp looking , always noticed

"If U want a DRRI 65 get the special edition" submitted April 8, 2015

By Randy Bright in Somewhere, VA
Overall
Musical Background: 50 year veteran of bands, church, studio , home jams. Gtr bass keys, others
Music Style: Styles are twang , blues , christian pw
Sound: Very player dynamics responsive. Breaks up good or cleans up good. Tip is to buy a limited edition with a P12Q ( like weber blue bell) Feature: Its "the" blues or clean amp of choice of countless blues players. Need I say more ? Ease of Use: Duh...its a straight forward Fender amp. Set EQ/reverb to suit you and krank it up! Quality: Mine came factory fresh with a metal insert missing one one knob. Fender sent me a new one asap & zZounds was all over discounting the purchase for the flaw. Terrific bunch to deal with !!!!! Value: Ah ya get what u pay for and Deluxe reverbs arent cheap Manufacturer Support: Yes yes and yes! Fender & Zzounds really on top of everything!!! The Wow Factor: Yeah baby a blonde tolex / wheat grill Deluxe is a sexy beast ! Its eye candy without even turning it on ! Then when u do its clean or blues magic. I'd like to.of had a "mid" EQ but hey Deluxes been used on thousands records without a mid EQ Overall: zZounds made my amp dreams come true w payments and working hard to making a way for me to purchase ! Kudo's zZounds & bravo ! Now about the 65 DRRI. If ur a bluesman or wanna be & looking for that natural tube break up when pushed. Definately get the Limited Edition Fender Deluxe Reverb version NOT the black one. The limited editions have a CK12" & limited editions have P12Q speaker. TOTAL DIFGERENT. P12Q gets hair about 4 1/2. And tasty natural breakup at 7 1/2. Vol Different amp /speaker than black ones w ck12

"Finally found the sound in my head!!" submitted July 14, 2015

By Ryan H in Sacramento, CA
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing music for 30 years. Guitar for almost 8 years now.
Music Style: Blues, classic rock, jazz
Overall: This amp is pure sonic and tone bliss. I have been searching for that full, rich, textured and clean vintage sound for some time now. I have played Princeton reverbs to Twin reverbs, but in the end this Jensen Alnico P12Q speaker in the blonde tolex Deluxe Reverb is just exactly the sound and platform I was looking for, and it will always be in my music room. I truly can stop my search for the perfect amp. I found the highs on the models with out the Alnico speaker to be a little stale and tinny for my tastes. This P12Q speaker really calms that down and truly gives the sound body and balance. The bass is still incredibly full and powerful which I absolutely need and love, but with the P12Q top end being warm and not thin it just rounds out the sound and feels perfectly in balance. Perfect speaker for me and this amp. Also at 22 watts this thing is LOUD!! Now I can also get the sound I want at quiet bedroom practice levels at home, but crank it up to around 4 on the dial and pin your guitar volume at 10 and it starts to strain on the ears after a while. This amp can truly be a practice/recording amp and home and then take it on the road to small to mid sized bar gigs and you should still be good to go. With the P12Q speaker it does start to get a little hair and thick at around 4.5 on the volume dial but that is perfect for me. I live around 3.5 to 4 on the dial where it stays warm and oh so clean, and then use my overdrive pedal for hair when I want it. The weight of this amp will not break the back either like a Twin or Super. Still very portable which is another bonus for taking this beautiful with you as you need. Also, the reverb and tremolo on this DRRI are just sooooooo silky sweet!! My lord its just heavenly when you crank both up and the sound just gets wet and layered. I have never heard a better reverb than the one here. Only thing that makes me scratch my head on this amp is why Fender does not include an amp cover on an amp that costs this much? But hey didn't stop me from buying it. Not a big deal just bought my separate. If you are on the fence just pull the trigger. The DRRI Limited Edition is not cheap but you absolutely get what you pay for. Takes all my pedals like a boss too.....which allows me to get any sound I want out of it. Puts out all the overdrive and distortion I want and just does it without a sweat. Happy playing to everyone...I know I am!

"Fender Deluxe Reverb" submitted May 4, 2012

By Sam W in Bells, TN
Overall
Musical Background: Play semi-professional (lot of studio work). Currently play Fender Telecaster and American Standard Strat.
Music Style: Country and 60's rock.
Overall: All I can say is wow !!! I play mostly country and 60's rock through this amp and it comes through like a champ. Classic Fender cleans, and smooth crunch when over driven. I was concerned about the 22 watt rating, but all in vain because the baby has plenty of volume and headroom for small to medium venues and if it is mic'd it will handle any venue. The best studio amp anywhere in IMHO.

"Beautiful Fender cleans, oustanding ZZsounds customer service!" submitted October 25, 2011

By a customer from nc.rr.com
Musical Background: 20 years playing guitar
Music Style: Metal, Classic Rock, Blues
Sound: This amp has the best cleans in the business. Takes pedals well and you can just hear that wonderful tube breakup. Finally found that sound in my head. Great for playing any style of music as long as you get the appropriate pedal. Feature: Amp doesn't have the features of some of the newer amps but Fender knows, if it aint broke don't fix it. Pretty standard affair but when you buy a Fender, you are buying prestine, crystal clear cleans and of course it's American made. Ease of Use: Again, pretty standard amp but it's a classic! Quality: The first one I bought had a bad speaker, ZZsounds with their wonderful customer service wasted no time in issuing my RMA number and shipping out my replacement. The replacement is built solid, no issues! Value: My Fender Reverb Deluxe is some what pricey but you get what you pay for. Fender amps are some of the best in the industry so I don't mind paying for quality. Price was exactly the same as any other outlet, plus ZZsounds has pay tp play and great customer service. Manufacturer Support: ZZsounds always comes through when you need them. They are fast to respond when you email them with a problem. Always very friendly and helpful. Again, my 1st amp had a bad speaker, ZZsounds resolved and I had my new amp in a matter of 2 days! ZZsounds has a customer for life with me. The Wow Factor: Well that would depend on the person, to me this amp is VERY SEXY! Always wanted to own a Fender Deluxe and now I do. Blackface Fender amps are sweet! Overall: I found my sound and my amp, no need to look any further.
40 of 43 people (93.02%) found this review helpful. Did you?

Fender '65 Deluxe Reverb Customer Review submitted May 4, 2006

Musical Background: Musician, Engineer
Music Style: Funk, Jazz, Rock.
Sound: I tried it next to a Hot Rod Deluxe also interested in, and I was amazed how much clearer, puncher and fuller it sounded. The two amps are what I narrowed it down to and in the end this amp was better in all that I was looking for. Reverb was thinner on the hot rod and the cleans were not as warm. This amp doesn't have a drive channel or effects loop but I don't care. I use foot pedals for fuzz, which the green Russian big muff sounds so thick through this amp (you have to true-bypass it first, easy to do!). The only thing I was worried about was the 22 watts, but in the end it proven to be more then I need. I played in 2 bands and funk, classic rock soul band and rock jazz experimental. For both of these bands I have the volume 2.5 for one and 3 for the other and it Feature: I like it simple. Quality: Seems robust. Value: It is a lot, but I payed $750 for a MF-104SD (which is worth every penny), so this isn't that bad for what it does for me. The Wow Factor: I love the looks of this amp!
50 of 54 people (92.59%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Perfect and Stunningly Great with Acoustic Guitar" submitted November 8, 2011

Music Style: Alternative Rock
Sound: The sound is clear, clean and sweet, whether you're playing grunge distortion or silky blues. Acoustic guitars never sounded better, which was a delightful surprise for me. Feature: I think the reverb/vibrato foot pedal is enough. Ease of Use: Tiny adjustments produce noticeable changes in sound, so it doesn't take much to get the sound you want. Quality: It's very solid and well-designed. The Wow Factor: It's hard to separate symbolism from reality. Overall: This is a lifetime investment. Best amp I have ever owned.

"Fender DRRI" submitted May 6, 2012

By J H in Weirton, WV
Musical Background: Gigging Pro
Music Style: Blues, classic rock.
Overall: This a beautiful amp, both in sound & looks. My son & I both play guitar. He recently ordered this amp & has said it is likely the only amp he'll ever need or want. Great tone pours from his fingers & through this amp. The 6v6 tubes really produce a sweet sound when he pushes this 22w beauty. zZounds is equally awesome. The "Play as you Pay" program is really a great thing. zZounds had "working musicians" in mind when they came up with this great idea to help musician obtain the equipment they want & need. Thank you zZounds for great service, thank you Fender for a great amp. Cheers
10 of 11 people (90.91%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"This amp rocks!" submitted May 24, 2015

By Joe Zakucia in Cleveland, OH
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing guitar for 8 years. Currently play in a gigging band.
Music Style: Rock, Blues, Classic Rock
Overall: This amp rocks!! Awesome vintage tone. I have 3 of these things, some modded and some not. They are great for rock and blues. They actually take pedals well and break up on their own around 6. Plenty of clean head room for playing with a band. Believe me 22 watts is a lot louder then you think! They are great for gigging and record so well! Best amp Fender makes! Stock these things are sick, but change the speaker and tubes--- and holy crap! And if course zZounds' always has top notch customer service. The payment plans are awesome for blue collar musicians. Thanks zZounds!!!!

"A Great and Classic Tube Amp!" submitted December 28, 2010

Music Style: Classic rock
Sound: Warm and clean. Sounds warmer than the Hot Rod DeLuxe. I do have a '65 Twin Reverb re-issue ... this is the baby brother, but surprisingly up to the challenge when gigging. Feature: It's a clean sounding amp with warmth and dignity. Ease of Use: Straight forward and you do not have to be a rocket scientist to play with the controls. Quality: Solid! Value: Yes, pricey, but well worth it. Manufacturer Support: Fender has always been responsive to my needs. The Wow Factor: The CLASSIC post-blonde Fender look. The OFFICIAL look of the 60s (I was there). Gorgeous!!! Overall: A GREAT amp ... 22 watts but sounds like so much more. Surprisingly so.

"Well worth it" submitted June 19, 2015

By Randy Kiunke in Longmont, CO
Musical Background: 40 years playing guitar a few paid gigs along the way
Music Style: Country Punk Metal Blues Jazz
Overall: I really needed a good Mid Size amp for mid size gigs I have a tiny Champ my Grandma bought me as a kid and a 71 Bandmaster head with a Marshall Cab but those aren't right for most gigs so I needed this after having sold some other mid size amps because I just couldn't bond with them. I must admit I was a bit worried due the hype of how great these things are and that it wouldn't live up but worry was unfounded, this is a fantastic amp just what I was looking for. Sound perfect alone but also takes pedals very well. I had a small problem of a bad reverb tube which I easily replaced and when I called Fender Cust Service they were also exemplary.... You couldn't do better in a mid size combo especially if you want the shimmery clean Fender sound. ZZ makes it easy to get it as well, they are awesome.

"Just Awesome!" submitted April 10, 2015

By Mike Sewchok in South Park, PA
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing rhythm guitar (off and on) for over 40 years. For now I jam at home.
Music Style: Rock, blues and polka time!!!
Overall: I use this as a practice amp but it can be used for so much more! The included foot switch for vibrato and reverb brings those features together - or separately - in the vibrato channel for some really awesome jamming or you can go clean. My only beef is that I had to buy the dust cover separately. Don't let that stop you though...it didn't stop me and I am happy.

"Lives up to the Rep" submitted July 13, 2015

By Randy K in Longmont, CO
Overall
Musical Background: Guitar semi-pro (That means I get paid now and then LOL) many years :)
Music Style: Eclectic combination of Rock Country Blues and Jazz
Overall: I finally decided to go ahead and step up to get the amp I really actually need for my music and type of gigs. I will admit with the very high reputation this amp has I was actually a bit worried that my expectations would be too high but this is not tha case. This lil amp delivers and then some, I won't go into detail because it has been said before but it definitely lives up.

"An old friend in a new color." submitted December 1, 2014

By Erik L in Burlington, WA
Overall
Musical Background: 20 years as a professional vocalist and guitarist.
Music Style: Jazz, R&B, rock and reggae.
Overall: The Deluxe Reverb is my all time favorite amp, and this blonde version sounds just as good as my black face model. It does everything I need it to, with style and reliability.

Fender '65 Deluxe Reverb Customer Review submitted October 1, 2007

Overall
Sound: this is the amp that defines fender clean. i haven't seen a better clean channel (the only channel in this amp). Reverb is classic fender reverb. the tremolo on the amp didn't work but im sure that brand new it is great. Turn the volume up past 5 and you start getting a nice cruchy distortion good from blues to even some alternative. it can get loud enough for small gigs, but anything past that youre stuck Feature: classic fender clean, classic fender cruch, i couldn't ask for more Ease of Use: it took a while to find the power switch (like 5 seconds) and i was good from there. Quality: classic fender Value: yes im buying it asap

"The greatest amp is really the greatest amp." submitted April 15, 2010

Musical Background: Producer/Arranger/SongWriter
Sound: This amp sounds beautiful and can do whatever you want it to do. I use it with pedals, which it takes beautifully. It has the best reverb I've ever heard and when you turn the bass and treble you hear a huge difference. Unlike many other solid state amps I've had, this amp feels alive. It's responsive, clean and beautiful. At around 6 it breaks up into the most incredible cruch you'll feel. It surprisingly loud and I doubt you'll be able to play it at 6 in your house. I have a huge house and just can't do that to my neighbors. Feature: This amp is not rich in features by modern standards but what features it has WORK and are remarkable. Verb is the best I have heard. I'm not a tremelo/speed person but if you want that "kill bill" sound, this can do it. As I said, Treble and Bass are unbelievably responsive and you can easily get a myriad of sounds out of this incredible amp. Eventually you will want to change and bias the tubes for JJ's which will run you $100-$150, but it's worth it. It sounds remarkable even without this change. Oh, and while it doesn't have a preamp in, it takes pedals very well. Ease of Use: There is no learning curve for this amp. With two controls, you get your sound remarkably easy. I have 4 electric guitars and am able to effortlessly get a variety of sounds out of all of them. Quality: Perfect beautiful amp. Never does me wrong but I do have a backup. A Fender Blues Deluxe which is about half the amp this one is and I would still give it 10 stars. It's fantastic. Value: You won't find an amp of this quality, simplicity and versitility for this price. Only one other amp, a little known gem, which I won't mention here, can compare to this amp and that amp MUST be modded. Manufacturer Support: I haven't needed it but 5 year transferable warranty. The Wow Factor: I hate the way it looks. I think it's an ugly old fashioned looking amp, but I love the sounds that come out of it and that's all that matters. There are incredible looking amps out there with tons of knobs that light up and look beautiful but as far as tone and variety of sounds, they can't hold a candle to this amp. I'd tried and or owned them all. Overall: I primarily use this amp for recording. I mic it with an SM57 and it gives me the sounds I desire. I'm very happy with it's quality, variety and versitility. If it were lost would do all I could to replace it.

"Most recorded amp in the world" submitted January 31, 2007

Overall
Sound: Found one of these in a pawn shop, for $100- an original one from 1973. Didn't know what I had because all it said was 'Fender'... but it had the same tube circuitry and everything. Now I know it was a Delux. Best amp in the world- can go from clean to grungy crunchy lke nobodies business. Can also produce some SERIOUS volume. The warm glowing tubes are the heart and soul of the sound. It's the most recorded amp, ever. Can't beat that! Feature: It's a straight up solid foundation for whatever you want to add on top. Ease of Use: Ease of use? Ummm.... you turn it on. It's pretty easy LOL! Actually the only tough thing was the weight- it's heavy to haul around. But to make good sound any speaker cabinet has to have mass. Quality: Mine was from 1973. It still rocked. Neverblinked for one second during hundreds of gigs. It was stolen, otherwise I'd still be playing it today. Manufacturer Support: Never had to... Overall: It's an alltime classic. Most recorded amp, ever!

"Strident Blues drive Chime at 7 with Strat." submitted November 8, 2003

By a customer from yahoo.com.au
Overall
Music Style: Blues/Blues Rock with a Tinge of Country, Classic Late 60s/early 70s Rock,
Sound: I've been told that Premium Tubes and a Weber C12N Speaker make a very good sounding amp sound absolutely fantastic. Feature: Simple, straight to the point,plug in turn up and play. If you like using th "vibrato" effect , its not as strong as some, but usable.The best Reverb I've heard on any amp I've owned or heard locally! Quality: Good quality. Value: Maybe a bit expensive, but worth it Manufacturer Support: Only put 5 as I have no idea as have had no problems as yet !! The Wow Factor: Just a good looking Fender amp, nothing special, not as dramatic as a Marshall M1959 "Plexi" full-stack. Overall: Can never really be 100% satisfied, I'd buy a Marshall M1962 "Bluesbreaker" Reissue tomorrow or a Vox AC30TBRX or a Fender "Vibro King" if I had the money and still be 99% happy with the ' 65 Deluxe reissue and use it within its limitations, which for me at the moment are none!

Fender '65 Deluxe Reverb Customer Review submitted October 13, 2005

By a customer from airhop.com
Music Style: blues and rock
Sound: i have 2 of them and i have replaced the speakers with weber speakers and no other modifications. the webers improved the overall sound of the amp. it is a great club amp and they sound great. Feature: reverb Quality: so far really good. these are re-issue amps and they work 2 to 5 nights a week and i have them in flight cases. Value: good value compared to some of the stuff out there Manufacturer Support: always seem to be there The Wow Factor: good

"Run, not walk, to the store online!" submitted November 2, 2011

Music Style: Blues, classic rock
Sound: An American Icon, the Fender 65 Deluxe Reverb is a quintessential amp in a serious guitar player's inventory. Don't be dissuaded by the nay-sayers who can't be satisfied with anything less than the original Black Face 1965 Deluxe Reverb. These Re-Issues sound the same, are more reliable and come with a 5-year warranty. Feature: I wish it had a Mid control knob, instead of just the Bass and Treble knobs for Eq. The stock Jensen speaker pretty much matches the original sound in every way. Ease of Use: Turn up the power switch, wait a minute or two, now turn up the standby switch. Dial the Volume knob past 3 and the Deluxe Reverb will take you to a sonic oasis. Quality: For a mass produced amp, I give kudos to Fender to trying to duplicate the characteristics of the original. They hit the bull's eye. Value: Is this reissue worth $1000? Most people will agree that it's not. I got zzounds to price match when Guitar Center was having a sale. At discounted price, I can't be happier. Manufacturer Support: Fender is well known for standing behind their products. I have actually contacted a Fender Authorized Repair Center where I live and received service on an amp under warranty. I am a happy Fender customer. The Wow Factor: It's a classic, it has sounds that are legendary. Your guitar, be it a Fender/Gibson/Ibanez or whatnot, will sound better. It's very easy to dial in the best tone for your guitar. Overall: I'm keeping mine for life.

"Fender Deluxe Reverb" submitted October 11, 2004

By a customer from ntlworld.com
Overall
Musical Background: active musician, worked in guitar shop
Music Style: alternative
Feature: The reverb is great,deep and watery. Tremolo is good although not as good as on the originals. Value: I think the asking price could be a bit cheaper considering the amp has a PCB. At

"Fender Deluxe Reverb Reissue " submitted January 15, 2012

By anthony turco in kingston, PA
Musical Background: hobbyist/light gigging
Music Style: radiohead meets pink floyd
Overall: I got this amp a few days ago, never even tried one, just bought it from hearing countless wonderful reviews of this amp. I will start by saying that I have been playing for about 15 years now, for the last two years I have been using a Fender Blues Deluxe which was pretty good, when I first played the Deluxe Reverb I was amazed on how a perfectly stock amp sounded so good. I had no feeling of maybe I should change the speaker. It sounded great stock, and the more you turn this thing up the better it gets. I will say for me this is the amp to end all amps. Just wonderful.

When you call, mention priority code 1ZY-X8HP. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976
Shop with those who respect your privacy — we do. Copyright © 1996-2015, zZounds Music, LLC. Terms of use apply.