When you call, mention priority code 140J-MBGC

Rating and Reviews: Fender '65 Twin Reverb

Tilt back the legs, warm up the tubes, dial in the spring reverb and hit the footswitch. This 2x12" combo has delivered legendary clean tones since the '60s!

"One old guitar player's opnion" submitted December 23, 2009

By a customer from jamesbarnes.net
Music Style: country, blues & jazz
Sound: Country, blues and jazz live in this amp! Could not find a better sounding amp than this. Feature: It has everything that I need. No extras or frills Ease of Use: Turn it on and twist the knobs until you hear the tone you love. Quality: I've owned one for 5 years. It is used every weekend and I haven't had one problem. Value: I think the value is good compaired to my M/B Mark III and I prefer the sound of the Twin. Manufacturer Support: I've never needed any for this amp. Overall: The amp is great but most of the time, a lot more amp than I need. You can shake the trees in the park or blow out the windows in a large hall.
43 of 44 people (97.73%) found this review helpful. Did you?

Fender '65 Twin Reverb Customer Review submitted June 18, 2005

By a customer from sbcglobal.net
Music Style: Blues, Jazz, Rock
Sound: Clean, clean sound. Play as loud as you want without distorting. If you use an overdrive, you may find that you have to crank up the drive more than with other amps. Feature: Not many features, but Vibro is nice Quality: Mines been used a lot and doesn't show it at all. No problems. Value: You can find louder for less money, but you won't find this sound and power for less money Overall: If you're looking for something that is very clean at high volume, this is definitely it. With an Amer strat, it gives a cool clean tone; with a 335 its very jazzy. Add a good overdrive and you get more punch, but it doesn't distort much.

"The Greatest of All Time" submitted April 17, 2012

By Darin B in Laurel, MS
Musical Background: 20+ year pro
Music Style: I play it ll. From country to metal
Sound: The tone is heavenly. Full bodied sustain. Headroom to the stars. Thumping bottom end, crystal clear highs, rich mids. Feature: Years of perfection. Ease of Use: Simple to use, easy as pie. Quality: They don`t make them any better. Value: All musical equipment is a bit over priced but on the scale of getting what you pay for, this is ok. Plus the fact of never having to buy another amplifier in your life. Manufacturer Support: Never had to use them The Wow Factor: The wow is in every sound, every tone, every punch, this amp is pure genious. It makes novice players sound like pros, pros sound like angels. Overall: All over the world throughout the history of mankind the Fender Twin has been the tool of choice by the greatest musicians of all time. The tone, headroom and clarity of the Twin is world renown. The Twin is the absolute Standard within the amplifier industry. Why bother taking a chance with empty promises of others. Millions of songs have been played through the Twin Reverb Amplifier by the greats. Were they all wrong?? Only a fool would think so.

"One of the Best Amps on the Planet" submitted May 31, 2007

Music Style: Classic Rock and R&B
Sound: This is the cleanest sounding amp around. I've been playing for over 25 years...used Vox, Marshall, Peavey, Custom and Traynor. IMHO, Fender has got it right with the Twin Reverb. Nothing has a cleaner sound. Feature: Basic no frills amp...Reverb and Tremolo... that is it. But, you cannot find better quality. If you get the effects pedals you want you are set... I have no complaints about features... It is exactly what I want for the type of music I play (classic rock and R&B) Ease of Use: I does not get easier. Quality: This amp has been around for 40+ years for good reason... Clean sounding, easy to use and quality throughout. Value: Yes, I bought it used for 650. Almost new condition. However, I would pay a lot more. It is an amp I have always wanted. I finally found it for a price I cound not resist. Manufacturer Support: Have no reason to doubt that support would be any thing less. Fender seems to be first class in all ways... The Wow Factor: Well, for those in the Know it has a lot of sex appeal. This amp has been used by many of the "Top" groups in music history. You could blindly pick the famous recordings of rock, R&B etc. and it would be highly likely that a Fender Twin is on one of the tracks. Overall: No replacing it... This is all the amp I will ever need. Only possile add ons would be effects pedals. If It ever broke down or was ripped off, I would mope around until I had saved enough to get another one. If you are a Marshall, Peavey or other amp fan, give the Twin a try... you will be a believer. You have great amps but the Twin is WAY UP THERE on the BEST list.
15 of 16 people (93.75%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"65 reissue" submitted July 29, 2006

Music Style: grunge/rock
Sound: Very nice sound on it. beautiful clean. much better suited for effects than a roland jazz chorus (both are known for amazing clean tones). open back so it's not too bassy which is nice. with the bright switch on it's a tad too trebly and pierces through most everything else that is going on. vibrato is pretty good, not exactly the definition for vibrato, more like tremolo. the real tone on it opens up around 2.5 on the volume and from there it's amazing Feature: a very simple amp but for what it is the features for it are still great. two independent channels with two inputs a piece. very nice as one is louder than the other and this amp is pretty loud so it is nice for trying to quiet it a bit. footswitch for the tremolo and reverb which is nice, tilt back legs also a very nice feature. 4 6l6 tubes, 3 12ax7's and 3 12 at7's. replace the 12ax7 stocks with sovteks, you'll love it! Ease of Use: no setting is too unusable like most modern amps. with the bass on 10 there is still enough definition to understand that it's a guitar, the bright switches can be tempting but don't use em really. no distortion or onboard effects (wouldn't want em there anyways) so you have to bring your own pedals but it sounds great straight too. Quality: when bought used the footswith was on the fritz and the reverb tank has a connection issue that makes it not function. do not drop this amp, the reverb tank connections are very fragile on the inside and can easily snap. i would strongly suggest an ata case as it is tube and not everyone understands the care that these amps need to be treated with. Value: for $700 i couldn't go wrong. i also looked at the super twin and the twin custom but the clean on this is perfect for me Manufacturer Support: local store is fixing issues for me, part of a benefits plan. amazing store.
26 of 28 people (92.86%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Fender Twin '65 Re-issue" submitted October 1, 2013

By Joe K in Hagaman, NY
Musical Background: Regional touring act. 150+ shows per year
Music Style: Modern Country band
Overall: I've had this amp for only a couple weeks, but now I know why it's considered a classic. That sparkly Fender clean/chime is awesome! With a couple pedals, you have all the versatility needed to play just about any genre and at any volume. (I've used a Fender Mustang 3 for the last 2 years due to the lack of maintance needed and number of shows we do per year, well over 150). This is a very loud amp. For all of us stage volume gurus, this amp can be trouble! The only feature that I'd like to see, in maybe a future version, is an effects loop. The reverb and vibrato are trademark Fender and are a nice feature. Overall, awesome amp!

"Great amp, great deal, great service " submitted November 15, 2013

By Danny O in Kingman, AZ
Overall
Musical Background: Playing for 10 years, professional guitarist, studied at Musicians Institute
Music Style: Country, blues, rock
Overall: Pay as you play is a really convenient method of pay. If you're on a budget this is a great plan for you. I play in a country band and this amp is perfect for the tone I'm looking for. The only bad thing I have to say about the amp is that it's heavy. But I bought a case with wheels so I solved that problem.

"The more things change, the more they remain the same!!!" submitted December 13, 2006

By a customer from kaz.com
Musical Background: Activie musician
Music Style: rock, country
Sound: If you're looking for a combo amp that produces the "cleanest of clean" tone - this is the amp for you! I've owned Marshall stacks, Ampeg, Peavey and other Fender amplifiers (Dual Showman, Bandmaster) and this one just can't be beat for overall sound quality and simplicity of operation and ease of handling. Feature: This is a very straightforward amp! No EQ, no modeling just a solid, basic amplifier that produces a sound quality that is second to none!!! The tremelo/vibrato effect evokes that 60's feel however the reverb does not pass muster. Personally, I often use a Boss digital delay in place of the reverb. Ease of Use: I'm not into heavy metal but if I were this amp can be overdriven to achieve a "heavy" sound. For rock and country it emits a sharp, responsive sound quality that I prefer. Quality: Overall quality of construction, be it "fit and finish" of general operation of the unit itself is top quality. I absolutely love this amp!!!! Value: I price compared numerous brands of amplifiers before settling on the Twin Reverb. I made the right decision. Manufacturer Support: Fender is a world class organization. Customer Service/Product support folks are always there to assist the consumer! The Wow Factor: It compliments the other equipment and accessories that I use when performing. Overall: I will not replace this amplifier. I may add an extension speaker cabinet but it won't be replaced!!! This is pure GOLD!!!

"Fender Twin '65 Reissue: Best Amp Ever? " submitted October 9, 2013

By Frank Zappa in Kalamazoo, MI
Overall
Musical Background: I am a world famous rock star...duh!
Music Style: Yes
Overall: Bought one of these guys second hand for $850USD...aaaand BINGO! I have been looking for an amp that has the cleanest and purest tone possible for some time now. I have played through lots of Fender tube amps and they all are awesome, but this one has the fender sound in spades! I am able to get a very wide array of sounds from this amp by tweaking the tone controls, but I mostly use it to get the crystal clear sparkle that my strat deserves. I put a few good pedals in front (compression, overdrive, delay, phase, wahwah) and the amp handles them beautifully. A good pedal like my seymour duncan twin tube classic overdrive sounds the way it should through an amp like this. I have had many amps, tube, solid state, hybrid etc, and none of them come anywhere close to giving me the tone that this amp provides. It is a perfect clean slate for pedals, and can be adapted to any sound you would like with the proper tweaking, Simple to use, bullet proof, HEAVY, and the sound speaks for itself...just throw on any old record and theres a good chance they are using one of these in some form. Buy this amp if you want the only thing thats holding your sound back to be your ability!

"Twin reverb" submitted September 22, 2012

By Steven S in Deep river, CT
Musical Background: 4 years guitar
Music Style: Blues, rock, funk, jazz, classical
Overall: If there was a way to describe a heaven this amp is it!!! I can't explain how important it is to have quality equipment this amp is all you would ever need. With its amazing clear tone and fantastic reverb this amp gives you the perfect foundation to create anything you want.

"I used this amp on a benefit stage and fell in LOVE" submitted May 1, 2011

Musical Background: Band director, active musician
Music Style: R&b, blues, pop
Sound: Ready for any event inside or out. It'll make any guitar sound great, hands down. Really stands out onstage looks and sound. Feature: Good old fashioned no frills features, reverb and tremolo,that's it. Ease of Use: No manual needed just plug and play this baby right out of the box. Quality: Very well made,I have been using mine four or five years runnig and no problems so far, knock on wood. Value: Can't bet it for the price as compared to others. Buy it once have it a lifetime. Manufacturer Support: I've never had to deal with the company. The Wow Factor: One of the sexiest amps going.You'll see it on almost any pro stage. Overall: If I buy another amp it'll be for, just because I wanted it. Not to replace my baby.

"Fender '65 Twin Reverb" submitted November 20, 2012

By Mark W in Pleasant Graden, NC
Music Style: Southern Gospel, Country
Overall: Absolute best amp I've ever played through! Sweet cleans that will make the hair on the back of your neck stand up!! Not to mention the spring reverb! Be warned though, It is a heavy beast!! Do yourself a favor and get this amp. You'll not regret it.

"Fender '65 Twin Reverb Review" submitted August 31, 2003

By a customer from mtonic.net
Music Style: Blues Rock Country
Sound: This amp has the loudest, richest, deepest clean sound you can get .. all other amps try to imitate the twin's tone. Feature: This amp features sound like no other amp. The reverb is the classic Fender Reverb that all others strive for. Tremelo purrs, and it is LOUD .. the sound stays clean even when your ears are about to burst ... Quality: This thing is a beast. To coin a Ford advertisement 'Like a Rock' Value: Why bother messing with an imitation. This is the real deal and worth every penny. Manufacturer Support: Never needed support. The Wow Factor: This amp oozes with sex appeal ... the first time I saw it I started dry humping it in the store ... the sales person told me I would have to buy it if I wanted to continue .. so I bought the amp, took it home, and rode it like I was 17 ... Overall: You never need to buy another amp again ...

"love the twin" submitted October 22, 2009

Musical Background: 30yers
Music Style: rock n roll
Sound: clean and clear period. great reverb. takes pedals well. very loud. no need to mic it. this amp projects very well and covers the whole club with sound from the stage. nice all purpose amp. excells in blues, jazz, surf, country and good ol rock n roll. i use the bright switch in lower volume settings only or with darker sounding guitars. Feature: usa made. knobs work very well to tweak your sound. no fx loop or digital junk or distortion. just a simple powerhouse amp. you do get an ext speaker jack. why you would need it i dont know. Ease of Use: hard to get a bad sound from it no matter where the knobs sit. start at 5 across the board and go from there. Quality: seems to be good. you never know though. i keep a Fender Frontman 65 in the van all the time for back up. i also use a small fan behind the amp. tubes get super hot. Value: you can buy a nice silverface twin or maybe a real blackface twin for what they're selling these for. or cheaper. geeze... mine is a 2002 bought used for $999.00. but if you have the cash dont hesitate to buy it. once you have it you'll be glad. Manufacturer Support: fender will honor their warranty the problem is finding a reliable service center. good luck. The Wow Factor: ads character to any stage set Overall: keep it 4ever

"Great amp - pricey but worth it." submitted January 18, 2012

By Ian H in East Lansing, MI
Overall
Musical Background: Playing guitar for 20 years and dabbled with bass, piano and harmonica.
Music Style: blues, rock and jazz.
Overall: This amp has the sound I've been after for years. Perfectly clean sound yet with a wonderful growl. The reverb sound is quite great as well - I've yet to find a decent modern pedal that could replicate it. This amp sounds best turned up but I still get a pretty decent sound at around the 2.5 to 3 volume level as well. On the downside, the amp is quite heavy to haul around. I gave it four stars for value simply because the price is a bit inflated from just the name. I took a bit off of features because there is no channel switching and the reverb and vibrato (tremolo really) foot switch has absolutely no indicator of whether it is actually turned on. I gave this an 8 for a recommendation because if you aren't into a classic rock, alt rock, blues or (perhaps) jazz sound then you won't really want to use this amp. It takes overdrive pedals quite well though. All in all I would definitely buy this amp again if I were to lose this one.

"Fender Vintage Reissue '65 Twin Reverb Guitar Combo Amplifier (85 Watts 2x12)," submitted June 18, 2014

By Juan B in La Porte, TX
Musical Background: play guitar off and on for last 7 years
Music Style: hard rock, metal, surf rock, classical. Spanish, blues
Overall: This amplifier sounds great out of the box. Super sweet clean sound. Excellent classic reverb. Got it as a blemished item but there is nothing wrong with it cosmetically or functionally. It was a great deal compared to paying full price

"My First Cornerstone Amp" submitted February 21, 2012

By Dre Trubble
Overall
Musical Background: I'm an actively gigging recording artist.
Music Style: Rock 'n' roll, post-punk, punk rock, blues.
Sound: It's probably only fair to disclose that I'm crazy about reverb. I seldom go without it. The guitar parts I write go from clean, chimey intros and accompaniments to aggressive roaring chords. I play Gibsons exclusively, namely an ES-335 and a Les Paul. My ES -335 has found the most perfect companion for life. The tonal range on that amp translates the guitar's ecstasy-inducing clean tones beautifully, and will easily stretch far into the hardest rock that guitar's hollow body can be driven to. It's one of the most perfect matches in the guitar world. Both it and the Les Paul sound great whether whispering or roaring through its double speakers. My Les Paul's clean tones sound equally heavenly as the ES, but I have noticed far more of an aggressive tone for that guitar from other amps. Fortunately for me, we are not a metal band, though our hardest songs might leave you calling me a liar. To be truly honest, I may eventually get another amp for my Les Paul, but only for tonal range, hardly for dissatisfaction with this amp. I will happily own it for life. Feature: Here you have the classics: Volume, Treble, Mids, and Bass. For effects, it has the basics: reverb and vibrato (really tremolo, as noted in other reviews). The reverb is Fender's delicious, classic sound, and allows me to retire my beloved Holy Grail reverb or Pulsar tremolo. Ease of Use: It doesn't get any easier than this. If you can't figure this out, you don't deserve to play guitar. The sound never crumbles whether it's at a hush or pushed to the limits, and whether you're piercing ear drums with it's treble or shaking bodies with heavy bass, your tones are still legible to your ears. Minimal play will yield great results. Quality: I have never had any issue with Fender's quality, and this amp is no exception. The amp even boasts the ability to get you in shape, as toting its fat ass around will require some muscle. Value: It's worth every dollar you spend on it. I'll pass it down to my kid if I ever get that far, and I'm sure she'll/he'll love it, too. Manufacturer Support: I haven't needed it yet. Overall: After about 16 years of just scraping by and using house amps, or never needing an amp because everyone else always seemed to have one, I finally got to the point where I needed a steady amp for my band. We're a straight-up rock 'n' roll band, and our material ranges from contemplative post-punk to blues to raging punk/rock 'n' roll, and my drummer is the loudest I've played with yet, so I needed something that could handle my clean parts along with some raging fuzz and distortion, all while not being drowned out by my drummer. I've been extremely fortunate this whole time to have played on some of the world's best equipment, and I've tried Marshall, Vox, Peavy, Line 6, Roland, a slew of Fender amps, Diezel, Orange, and Bogner. Some of those latter amps were so amazing that I couldn't decide which I liked better. When it came time for me to decide on one for a band I was doing all the writing for, though, I have to say that I'm extremely happy with my decision to get the Fender Twin Reverb.

"Best in class if you are looking for that classic sound" submitted October 2, 2003

By a customer from cfl.rr.com
Overall
Music Style: Classic early rock and ballads.
Sound: I rate this amp as a solid "10" based on it's ability to consistantly generate those classic 60's sounds. I have tried a lot of amps and effects units and have never been able to duplicate the characteristics of this amp. Like the DeLuxe...the sound is unique. Recently my band from the late 60's re-united for the first time in 35 years to perform at an outdoor event. This amp performed like a champ (no not a Fender champ) Lead and rythem was true to form. This re-issue does a very nice job of matching the classic sound of the original Twin. Feature: Well...I do wish it had a line out or pre-out. But if it did it would not be much of a re-issue of the 50's model. The reverb is classic. Trem is solid and consistant. Quality: What all other Twin 12's are measured against. You must keep in mind that this is a tube amp and vacuum tubes can be touchy and delicate at times. This is a fact with ALL tube amps. I hauled this amp from Florida to Oklahoma and back and never worried a bit about its reliability. Fit and finish are excellent. This is an amp that you are proud to pull the cover off and play. Value: This is an expensive amp for it's class and output, but you get what you pay for. It is in a "classic" class of it's own. Manufacturer Support: One call to Fender regarding tube hardness. Quick and helpfull response. The Wow Factor: "Sex Appeal"? Well I can't describe the feeling of plugging into this amp for the first time. Simple chords come alive. There is a character to this amp that is just "special"

"Now that's what I'm talkin' bout!" submitted September 16, 2012

By Johnnee Dee in Kerrville, TX
Overall
Musical Background: Guitar, bass. Play professionally, jam and at home.
Music Style: Classic Rock, Oldies, Blues.
Sound: I recently joined an oldies band and this has the tone I've been looking for! Warm tube sound, deep reverb, tremolo when I need it. The included foot switch engages both. This amp does it all! Feature: Everything is pretty much straight up and old school. Two channels one wet and one dry. Back panel is simple foot switch and aux speaker inputs are easy to find. Ease of Use: There's no brain surgery with this amp. If you're a plug and play guy, there it is; just plug and play. I used pedals and all work well with this amp. Extreme playability! Quality: Built like a solid Fender amp should be built!However. If you're not into lifting weights, I suggest the 22 watt 65 Deluxe Reverb as it is a lot lighter and does the same job. Value: I purchased mine at just over $1300 and that's a lot for me.Over $1400, seems a WAY too much, though. Manufacturer Support: Haven't had to as of yet. zZounds has ALWAYS rocked, though! The Wow Factor: It's a Fender 65 Deluxe Twin! Come, on! The "Twin"! I wish Fender would re-issue the Dual Showman with the monster cab but I could only imagine the prince of that bad boy! Overall: I've always heard about the "Twin" and heard them used but never owned one. It's everything I imagined and more. Very, very pleased!

Fender '65 Twin Reverb Customer Review submitted June 16, 2004

By a customer from home.nl
Music Style: Blues and Americana
Sound: I use it as a blues amp. Together with a semi hollow body it's the best money can buy!! There's just no alternative to get the same sound! Quality: this thing doesn't break, I use it on tours etc. Manufacturer Support: I cannot tell you about this......had no need to contact the company

"Owned it and want to own it again!" submitted October 8, 2004

Overall
Sound: best Feature: enough Quality: had hum, but was old and in need of some new filter caps Value: best...use a pedal for crunch Manufacturer Support: n/a The Wow Factor: i want a new one, sold the old one Overall: long time

When you call, mention priority code 140J-MBGC. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976