When you call, mention priority code 172T-BN7G

Rating and Reviews: Fender USA DLX Jazz V MN

A 5-string favorite, the Fender American Deluxe Jazz V features N3 pickups with an active/passive mini toggle, a re-engineered preamp, and a maple fretboard.

"Pretty. Percise. Perfect" submitted May 5, 2012

By Paschal C in Markham, IL
Overall
Musical Background: I have been playing for about 40 years, I play bass ( professionally at one time ) I am teaching myself keyboard, and would like
Music Style: Jazz, Rock, Blues, Pop
Overall: I ordered this bass on 5-2-12 and recieved it on 5-4-12, the bass is absolutely beautiful, although it is darker than the one featured in the add. The craftsmanship is exceptional and the tone perfection. I am as pleased with this bass as with any I own and the payment plan seals the deal.
23 of 24 people (95.83%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Best non-Custom Shop Jazz Bass around" submitted March 4, 2014

By Michael Henningsen in Cedar Crest, NM
Overall
Musical Background: Playing bass 30 years, guitar 5 years, play semi-professionally
Music Style: Rock, Classic Rock, Metal, '80s
Sound: Tonal pallet is broad, with low, mid and high controls in Active mode, and a sweeping tone control for Passive mode. Nearly any tome is possible, from growling low mids to scooped mids to punchy slap tones and mellow R&B sounds. Feature: All components are top-notch. N3 Noiseless pickups are just that, and the ability to switch between Active and Passive modes is a real plus for players who demand a broad spectrum of sounds. The bridge is beefy and the modern "C" shaped neck is a pleasure to play. Stacked tone knobs are also a big plus. Ease of Use: The bass played wonderfully right out of the box. It's slightly heavy (it's a 5-string, after all). Setup was spectacular. Quality: Couldn't be better-constructed. Should last a lifetime if well-cared for. Finish is perfect - back pick guard on black finish is ultra-classy, and the pearloid inlays just add to the ambiance. Value: Worth every penny. Manufacturer Support: Haven't had to deal with customer support, but registration online is cake. The Wow Factor: WOW! Looks great and plays and sounds even better. Overall: The American Deluxe Jazz V Electric Bass (maple) is the finest Fender Jazz Bass on the market short of a Custom Shop bass. Gorgeous looks, excellent playability and a broad palette of tones makes it a truly exceptional instrument.

Fender USA DLX Jazz V MN Customer Review submitted August 4, 2010

By a customer from bright.net
Music Style: Country
Sound: I have owned several Bass guitars, 4 and 5 strings. But the 5 string American Jazz Bass is the best I have ever played.There is no other bass guitar that comes close to the sound that the Fender Jazz can produce. Overall: I have owned the Fender American Jazz Bass for 1 1/2 years,and every time I play it the sound is better than the time before. The different sounds you can get from this Bass is one of a kind. I don't think I will ever get bored with the sound this Jazz produces.
18 of 19 people (94.74%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Great Bass, love the retro look." submitted December 17, 2010

By a customer from charter.net
Music Style: all
Sound: Well balanced tone. It cuts threw the seven piece band I play in. Great with any style music. Feature: The EQ is really nice, although the head room is not as good as my spector or yamaha. Ease of Use: The action is great. But it is a little top heavy, as most 5 strings are. And it's under 10 pounds. Quality: Great looking bass. The neck is pretty thin also. Value: I just can't believe how expensive good instruments are these days. The Wow Factor: I love the look of the new jazz basses. I bought the black with maple neck. It has that cool 70's style. Overall: I think it will become my main gigging bass.

"It was worth the wait to get the instrument I desired above all others." submitted December 19, 2011

By a customer from att.net
Overall
Musical Background: 15 years; guitars; primarily play with Praise and Worship teams and an outreach band.
Music Style: Contemporary Christian
Sound: After playing for years on a P-Bass, this is a dream come true. The active pickups exceeded my expectations - the range and variation is phenomenal. Feature: The B string gives reach that otherwise is non-existant - I love the thunder! Ease of Use: Easy, easy, easy - the wide neck is very easy to navigate and the very low frequency string buzz (vibration) does not come through the amp or PA. Quality: Very good - I expect great quality because it's from Fender. Value: Yes - about the same as offered by other retailers but zzounds staff made it easy to do business with. The Wow Factor: The vintage clean look says class and as it's solid black so it fits in with every setting whether jamming casually or playing in church. Overall: This should be my final bass purchase but if it should become unplayable for any reason I would probably purchase the same instrument.

"A perfect merge of old and new...and noiseless" submitted October 20, 2011

Music Style: Reggae
Sound: Smooth fender sound with countless options with the active/passive switch that allows you to have the traditional Fender Jazz sound. I already had one with a rosewood neck. This one has the maple neck which gives the 70's sound similar to the Marcus Miller bass. Feature: The best new feture is the active/passive switch and the tone control. Ease of Use: Very easy however all Jazzes are easy. Quality: Very well made and worth the money. Hopefully, I helped someone in California keep his job by spending a litle extra for Made in the USA. Value: Very reasonably priced for a USA made instrument Manufacturer Support: Never had to use them but... Overall: I have to rate it a 10. I have an older Jazz and I going to buy another new model with the rosewood neck. I like the new electronics just that much.

"That everything bass guitar I been searching for..." submitted June 21, 2012

By Bryan Wehrwein in Prospect Heights, IL
Overall
Musical Background: 13 years, at home hobbyist and have played live professionally before. Mainly guitar, but also drums, bass, piano, and vocals
Music Style: A little bit of everything. Metal, Rock, Blues, Jazz, Alternative, Spanish
Overall: I'm at home recording musician with enough guitars to open a store, but I had nothing on the low end. Not being a bassist regular, I just wanted something versatile enough to cover a wide range of styles. My search ended with Fender American Deluxe. It sounds great all and all and the shelving EQ with the passive/active N3 pickup system gets me all the sounds I need, from slap funk, alternative, hard rock, and full on metal. It's great to have an instrument as versatile as this one and to only need one bass to do it all, this is the bass to do it, and don't lemme forget the way it looks is killer! Just wish the body was a two piece natural rather than three piece. That's my only gripe, but it really doesn't affect the overall tone at all, just the aesthetics.

"Surprisingly awesome bass!" submitted April 17, 2014

By Jason Jacquin in Virginia Beach, VA
Musical Background: Professional performing and recording artist
Music Style: Rock, Hard Rock, Grunge, Metal
Overall: I purchased this bass to have a backup active/passive 5 string to my PRS Grainger V bass for live use. I was only intending for it to be something I would use in the case of a string breakage or other technical issue with the PRS should something go wrong live, or maybe at practice here and there. I had owned a few other Fender Jazz basses, a Japanese Geddy Lee, a Mexican FSR Antigua, and 2 Squier Vintage Modifieds, both 4 and 5 string models. While I liked them, I didn't really click with any of them for whatever reason. I knew this one would "get me by", but I had no idea just how much I would love it right out of the case. Fit and finish are spectacular, and as far as tone, it delivers 98% of what the PRS does, at half the price. I will most likely end up buying a second Fender before I buy a second PRS... I love the PRS still, but the Fender was a wonderful surprise. I couldn't be happier with either one, and I will have a hard time deciding which one to use more live!

When you call, mention priority code 172T-BN7G. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976