When you call, mention priority code 205-3V3R

Rating and Reviews: Fender STD Jazz FL

Experience the unique feel of a fretless bass with this classic from Fender. This release wields two powerful Custom Shop pickups.

"Excellent Bass" submitted January 26, 2016

By Phil F
Musical Background: 20+ years
Music Style: Blues, Rock, Jazz, Metal, experimental.
Overall: First off, I'm not a huge Fender fan. Growing up fender was not known to be a high quality manufacturer (look up the non Japanese Fenders from the late 80s through 90s). I recently decided to get back into playing a fretless bass. I had purchased a VM fretless Jazz and although it was a very good bass for the money, it still had that cheap feel to it. I had owned a few MiM Fenders as well but was constantly running into quality issues with them as well, not a good thing to have your bridge fall apart on you whilst in the middle of a gig. I had decided that a Jazz fretless was the sound that I was looking for and was undecided between another MiM and investing hundreds of dollars into it to bring it up to par or just going all out and snagging an American Standard. So I did my research, both online and going to different shops and decided that the U.S. manufactured would be a much better investment, both long term and short term. In the unlikely event that I'll ever have to get rid of this bass a few years down the road I'll see a much higher value on it than sinking hundreds into a MiM and losing that money on upgrades. The feel on this bass is absolutely amazing. Very well balanced and light weight. I've played many high dollar basses in my many years and this does compete nicely with them, granted it's never going to feel like a $5k custom bass but that's not what it is. The 60's custom shop pickups have to be my favorite feature of this bass. Amazingly evenly toned across all strings with a great vintage sound to them. They're not HI-Fi sounding at all which is what I love about them (you can do a google search on them and see that they're ranked top 3 for Jazz pickups). Great growls, plenty of low end, and that fretless mwah. The case that it comes with has to be the nicest case that I've owned for a guitar or bass in my playing years. It hugs the curves on this thing like a pair of yoga pants. No shifting during transportation and i rarely have to re-tune the thing when I take her out. I really dig the newer Fender highmass bridge with the body or bridge through stringing options, and the tuners feel and work great. The only complaint I have about it is the fact that the Nut was filed too low from the factory on the tuning peg side. My E string gets a strange rattle when played open after I changed out strings from the string resting on the neck at the break point.

"Fender USA STD Jazz Fretless Bass" submitted March 25, 2015

By Tommy S in Portland, OR
Overall
Musical Background: I have been playing music since the age of 4. Professionally since 14. We will just say that it is over 40 years now.
Music Style: Yeah, I play that style.
Overall: Thought I would actually sit down and write a review. My most recent purchase through zZounds was a Fender USA STD Jazz fretless bass. I must say that you never really know what you are going to get when you order online without actually holding something in your hands. It was gorgeous. Set up was perfect, I could not have set it up any better. The action was low and responsive. The finish is excellent with no flaws. The case was also in great condition. This is not my first purchase through zZounds and I must say they have been great to work with. Easy to contact and very personable on the phone. Way to go zZounds, you really do have a good thing going for those musicians that need that equipment and have to stretch those hard earned dollars. Keep it up and I know I am one who will purchase again from you. Thank you

"Fender Fretless Jazz Bass Blemished - Beautiful Guitar" submitted February 12, 2016

By Tuch Patuch in Dearborn Heights, MI
Overall
Musical Background: I've been involved in music since the age of 8. I play drums, guitar and learning violin and harmonica.
Music Style: I'm an older guy so I've been around all sorts of music. Guess I've played mostly rock and roll though. I've jammed with so many
Overall: I got the Fender Jazz bass fever recently. I used to own a MIA fretted jazz but I traded it for another guitar because I enjoyed playing my Yamaha 5 string fretless more than the jazz bass. I got the bug for another jazz bass so I wound up buying a Squier 5 string Affinity which I replaced the pickups to SD Quarter Pounders along with new pots, jack and knobs, new bridge saddles and I installed a tortus pick guard. These components, and even the knobs, were very low quality on the Squier.I saw a used MIM fretless jazz on Reverb and I bought it, then I found the blemished jazz at zZounds and I couldn't pass up the price so I ordered that too. I replaced pots, knobs and jack and installed SD Quarter Pound pickups in the MIM but the neck needed work so that's being repaired. Anyway, onto the MIA fretless jazz for this review. This guitar is simply gorgeous. No other bass that I've owned has the quality feel that the neck on this instrument has. And though this item was sold as being blemished, I can't find anything blemished about it. I can't get over what a beautiful bass this is. The jury's still out on the Custom Shop pickups. It may be due to the flat wound strings but there isn't much pizzazz from them. The SD Quarter Pounders that I installed on the MIM fretless jazz has more sparkle than the Custom Shop pups do. The SD pups in the Squier 5 string fretted jazz sounds fabulous. I don't plan on replacing the pups in the Fender, they sound like a Fender jazz should, just more thumpy than what I might prefer. I know my review went astray but I own several basses including a Martin acoustic and Squier 4 string with active pups so I have quite a few to compare this one to. Maybe too many.

"I wanted to love it." submitted March 23, 2014

By Todd Zimmerman in Kalamazoo, MI
Musical Background: Recording Engineer
Music Style: Rock, Pop, Alternative, Indie
Overall: Overall the build quality was good but there were two issues that prevented me from keeping the instrument. The fingerboard had a flaw where the third fret would be and the pick-up poles were set so high they interfered with the strings. While I could have adjusted the string height but would rather not have to do that. The pick-ups sounded good, the neck (other than the flaw) felt good.

When you call, mention priority code 205-3V3R. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976