When you call, mention priority code 176P-735G

Rating and Reviews: Fender STD J Bass MN

Kick your rig to the next level with this timeless American classic. This USA-made J Bass features upgraded electronics, hardware, and fresh finish options.

"Best bass Fender has to offer" submitted October 27, 2012

By Joe M in Saint Louis, MO
Musical Background: Pro bassist and guitarist for 40 years
Music Style: Classic Rock, Blues, Country, Big Band, Jazz
Overall: I was looking at a lot of different basses and brands. I finally decided on the 2012 USA STD Jazz. I have the white one with the maple neck. (I like maple necks). The overall construction and craftsmanship is great. The finish is flawless. I design of the 'string through' bridge is one reason I bought this model. It just seems natural that the string vibration is transferred though the body most completely when the strings go through the body. Also, this relieves bridge stress that normally comes with non-string through designs. The pickups sound great. Even though there is single coil hum when each pickup is on by itself, it's not that big of a deal and is not noticeable during performance. The lighter tuners give a nice balance to the guitar. With me, I already made some modifications (because I'm a fanatic). First, I bought a Fender bridge cover for the Jazz bass. The reason I did this is because some of the set skews on the bridge pads were sticking up rather high after I made some intonation and bridge adjustments. They would actually scratch and cut my hand when I was playing! After installing the Fender bridge cover, I didn't have that problem anymore. It didn't really affect my playing, and it even looks nice and 'retro' with the bridge cover in place. I would highly recommend that. Also, I did a little electronic modifications. I removed the small tone knob and replaced it with a 3 way switch-craft toggle for pickup selection. I then wired the 2 remaining POTS to 'master volume' and 'master tone'. I personally like this configuration and I really think Fender should offer this as an option. If I ever decide to sell this (and I probably won't!), I can always throw the original tone POT back in and bring it to original specs. Another thing Fender should have done is put a neck 'tilt skrew' under the back bolt on plate. This would give players the option to adjust the neck angle just in case they wanted a certain type of action with the neck and bridge height. Right now you are more or less limited to the standard Fender set up specs. These are 'good', don't get me wrong, but I would have liked to add some tilt to the neck because of my playing style. That's about it! I would really recommend one of these. It is beautiful, well built, good sounding, and will hold it's resale value more than any other type of bass. By the way, the hard shell case fits like a glove and is a 'knock-out'. I play this through a MARK 4-10" rig, and it sounds fantastic!

"Great classic instrument" submitted September 30, 2013

By CM G in Eastern, WA
Musical Background: 15+ years experience, professional. Guitar, Bass
Music Style: Blues, Rock and Roll
Overall: Purchased this bass about 1 month ago and I've had a hard time puting it down. The features are as straight forward as you can get, and are exactly what I need in a bass guitar. Simple electronics, 2 volumes, 1 tone, nothing fancy, but nothing unnecessary, and the pickups sound great. very vintage tones. The build quality really impressed me, beautiful finish, hardware is of a high quality and excellent woods used. The neck is the real selling point for me, I opted for the maple fretboard and it feels great. Satin finish on the back of neck is comfortable and fast, fret work is impeccable and the rolled edges feel broken in just as advertised. My only complaint on the entire instrument is the neck is a bit pale, I would have liked a bit darker tint but it is in no way an issue. Still a beautiful bass. Highly recommend to anyone wanting a quality American made instrument.

"Sweet Bass/Customer service Hmm" submitted July 18, 2014

By Yonna G in Dublin, VA
Musical Background: 40 years, trumpet, uitar and bass
Music Style: Blues, Funk
Overall: Excellent sound and setup. Awesome case. Was a gift from mother but customer service screwed up purchase which was to be monthly payments.

When you call, mention priority code 176P-735G. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976