When you call, mention priority code 175T-PW4R

For delivery by New Year's Eve, order by 2pm EST Monday, Dec 29th with 2-day shipping.

Rating and Reviews: Fender STD P Bass RW

The American Standard P Bass sounds better than ever, with a Fender Custom Shop '60s Precision Bass split single-coil pickup and high-mass bridge.

"Feels like home" submitted April 3, 2014

By Kirk Heideman in Cleburne , TX
Musical Background: Playing for a long time
Music Style: Funk.punk.rock,regga, Motown ... What ever I feel like at the moment.
Overall: I have played a wide verity of bass from Gipson to stagg and every time I pick up this p-bass it feels like part of my family , it just fits. The sound,tone, weight and neck are perfect . I bought the jade metallic which is such a cool funky color . An American Fender is the only way to go in my opinion and the only get better with age. I did buy the one with the maple neck and I have no complaints . If your serious about your bass equipment than this is a most have. Zzounds is the place to buy it, if you go straight through Fender they want 1700 as for zzounds is asking 1299. Any way I can go on and on but I leave you with this ... I love this bass!!

"Fender Precision Bass still the Greatest" submitted August 25, 2014

By Jerry Boushie in Binghamton, NY
Musical Background: 50 years as a pro bass and guitar player
Music Style: Blues, country, & rock
Overall: I purchased a new American Standard P Bass from zZounds about a month ago. It's the first instrument that was perfect out of the box. I was worried about the graphite neck rods, but it's staying in tune and adjustment better than any ever. Came in a beautiful hard case too! Needless to say, I love this bass and with the free shipping and low cost from zZounds, best deal ever.

"My first Fender ever..." submitted October 16, 2014

By Tom Bower in Canal Fulton, OH
Overall
Musical Background: Former "pro" player, I now jam at home but would be open to some limited gigging.
Music Style: Nearly all.
Overall: I've been a Gibson/Epiphone player but I must say this P-Bass exceeded all my expectations. The price was very reasonable for a classic P-Bass made in California, especially when compared to Gibson's 2015 prices. No neck dive either, unlike Gibson/Epi basses like my Epiphone EB-3 SG. Comes with a beautiful gig-worthy Tolex case too.

"great bass!" submitted July 27, 2014

By Olando M in Chicago, IL
Music Style: R&B, blues, funk, jazz
Overall: Great bass perfect action out of the box, I put some chromes on it and it got even better! Love this bass!

"The One You Need!!" submitted February 20, 2014

By Billy Colburn in Foley, AL
Overall
Musical Background: Guitar, Bass, Vocals & Keys for over 40 years!
Music Style: Blues Driven Progressive Rock!!
Overall: If you are going to have only one bass guitar then this is it! Nothing performs like a P-Bass! And the Mystic red is awesome! Simple controls and great sound!

"IT'S A FENDER!!!!! 'NUFF SAID!!!" submitted June 16, 2012

By Juan M in Bronx, NY
Overall
Musical Background: I have been playing for over a year. Jamming at home and playing for me...for now.
Music Style: I play whatever I happen to like so I go across many genres. However, if I had to pick (and in no particular order) blues, rock,
Sound: As I said before this bass has two knobs and I can dial in any tone I want. From reggae to rock to latin and jazz and so on. This bass can definitely cut through the mix. Feature: Of the bass itself, overall it delivers whatever you want in terms of tone. A good amp and strings that reflect the type of tones you prefer would be my only suggestion. Additionally, the owner's manual that came with this bass has made me intimately familiar with my instrument. I knew a little beforehand, but now I can set it up anyway I want. Ease of Use: All I had to do was crank up the volume and adjust the tone and I was ready to go (I did not have to touch the amp until I started to change styles). For me, this bass is the easiest, most comfortable bass that has ever been my pleasure to play. The action was great right out of the box but I may change it later on Quality: The build is excellent which contributes to it tone and playability. It appears to be a very durable bass (and being a Fender, I do not doubt that I will have it for many years to come). The jade pearl metallic I selected is a nice color but not as metallic as I thought it would be (not a deal breaker and I am not sending it back) Value: Very competitive with regards to the overall market. Of course, as a consumer, I would prefer a lower price, but as a musician it well worth it. Manufacturer Support: I have only had it about a week or so and I haven't had any problems and I do not think that I will. The Wow Factor: If you have the means, buy this bass. If you are in the market for a new bass I would recommend a Fender. Granted you will try other basses just like I did but you will eventually buy a Fender and, like me, you will be kicking yourself for having wasted your time and money to get where you want to go. Overall: The best bass I ever bought bar none. Funny that I was always avoiding precision because of all the complaining about the 1.625 nut (.125 larger...really?). In fact, the neck on this bass fits my hand like the proverbial glove. And the tones! I have had Squier, ESP, Ibanez, T-Bird Goth and so on and I have learned that you do not need tons of knobs on your bass to get a great tone (any decent amp can take care of that). This bass is a perfect compliment to my Aerodyne jazz bass....after that I do not need any other basses (except my squier jazz for practice of course). The rest of my basses are going to be sold off. Great job Fender...sorry it took me so long to get to you! Precision bass is the way to go if you want your playing to be felt as well as heard.

"The Best Bass I ever bought" submitted July 11, 2012

By Juan M in Bronx, NY
Overall
Musical Background: I have been playing over a year and I do play some keyboard and I sing. I am practicing to start playing with my friend.
Music Style: I have an ecclectic taste in music. If I like what I hear, I will eventually put it in my repertoire.
Overall: I have purchased over 20 basses over the last few years and I have to say that this is the best purchase yet. I was hesitant to even buy a Fender because I thought they were too expensive and I figured a bass is a bass right? WRONG! This tried and true design is what makes it sound so damn good. It comes ready to play right out of the box (you have to tune it of course). This bass is worth every penny I have spent on it and more. Give it a try and you will see what I mean.

When you call, mention priority code 175T-PW4R. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976