When you call, mention priority code 20K-N2XZ

Rating and Reviews: Fender Standard Tele HH

An aggressive reincarnation of Fender's original workhorse, the Standard Telecaster HH delivers heavy, high-gain tone via two coil-splittable humbuckers.

Overall

"Humbucker Tele" submitted May 30, 2015

By Brett J in Salina, UT
Overall
Musical Background: Playing 40 years
Music Style: Rock, alternative country, blues, metal
Overall: I needed a guitar with humbuckers since I gave my Les Paul to my grandson. Never bonded with it, didn't like the club of a neck. I prefer the Fender 'C' shape with 9.5 radius. I mostly play Strats. So this guitar was a logical choice. I have been looking at the Blacktop models but never pulled the trigger on one. Glad I waited. I thought I would have to find some pups to swap into it, but I was surprised. I can get almost everything I need sound wise out of stock pups. Super nice sizzle and raw raunchy tones. Does not quite get the thrash metal crunch if thats what you want. Might need to swap in some EMG's or something if that's what you play. Then again who plays thrash on a tele? Classic rock, hard rock, alternative, grunge, blues, rocking country- has it nailed. I love the sound of this freakin' guitar. Super responsive and tons of character. The coil split provides some really nice usable tones, but you do NOT get a traditional Telecaster single coil bridge pickup sound out of this guitar. Not sure about the chrome on the pick ups, looks like chromed plastic, because thats what it is. But it's kinda cool I guess. The finish on the body was flawless. Absolutely perfect. The neck finish is very good, not perfect but very good. Satin on the back (a must for me) gloss on the front, which means just the headstock with the rosewood board. Just a bit rough on the sides of the fretboard. Frets were nicely finished, no rough ends. The electronics seem better than I expected for a MIM guitar. Pots are very smooth, switch feels nice and is stiffer than on a strat, no worry about accidentally bumping it to another position. I thought I might have to up grade the pots, but I will use these unless they wear out or go junk. The action was good out of the box, no buzzing frets, no fretting out on upper neck.bends. I had to raise the strings a bit to get them where I like. I like the 'comfort cut' on the back of the body. A bit heavier than I expected, but still good. I'm sure several reviewers will chime in about how this MIM guitar is even better than any American telecaster. No. The guitars currently being made in Corona are the finest Fender has ever made, in my opinion. But these MIM guitars are close, and must be the best value out there. As good as some of the Gibsons I've seen lately at many times the price. (Gibson seems to be going downhill quality wise). This guitar is better than the late 70's/ early 80's Fenders I once owned.
39 of 44 people (88.64%) found this review helpful. Did you?

When you call, mention priority code 20K-N2XZ. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976