When you call, mention priority code 207-8V1P

Rating and Reviews: Fender Standard Strat HSH

From searing high-gain heat to single-coil cool, there's no limit to the tones you can get from the Stratocaster HSH. Its C-shaped neck is built for speed.

"Fantastic Stratocaster for a Great Price!" submitted September 3, 2015

By David Balbus in Sandwich, MA
Musical Background: Guitar bass
Music Style: Christian Country Jazz Rock
Overall: Always great shipping with zZounds, guitar arrived as expected quickly and packaged properly. Fit and finish are impeccable, nice neck finish is excellent, Rosewood board is very nice for the price. The HSH Pickup configuration is excellent for me, tonal quality on both humbuckers is good single coil is great aswell. The coil splitting feature ads to the tonal arsenal of this strat. If I'm not wrong the HSH has not been available for thirty years last made I believe in Japan. This MIM has a punch and some grunt, it can sing as well, a great guitar for an awesome price .

"Wow, what a freakin' Monster!" submitted July 9, 2017

By Mark R. Garner in Covington, LA
Overall
Musical Background: Guitar fiend since 1979. Former semi-pro musician.
Music Style: Rock with an emphasis on psychedelic styling - The Beatles, The Yardbirds, Led Zeppelin, The Beatles, Pink Floyd, Jimi & The Bea
Sound: These 'Blacktop' humbuckers are exceptional. They're very hot when run through a distortion setting but have a nice even sound on clean settings. To me the neck pup seems a bit dark sounding on clean settings but I think that is due in part to my being used to single coils on Strats. The middle pup is a lively single coil that blends nicely with the other pups in settings # 2 & 4. Feature: I love the genuine coil tap. Many brands (ahem, Gibsiphone) have a coil splitter option that doesn't actually split the coil but rather changes them between 'series' & 'parallel'. This is an incredibly versatile guitar. In single coil mode it sounds exactly like my 'SSS' Strat. This model has one feature that I've NEVER seen on a Strat; a tone knob for the bridge pup. What is usually the tone knob for the middle pup is assigned to the bridge while the tone knob for the neck pup also services the middle pup. The bridge comes stock with three tension springs for the tremolo unit ('vibrato', actually). I add two more for greater tuning stabilty. (A stiffer arm also makes it easier to control the notes for subtle "flutters" in the pitch.) Ease of Use: Once I figured out the unique tone knob configuration, I found this guitar to be a dream to play. The rosewood fretboard is super smooth with a silky feel that is hard to beat. I've had it for a week and I'm still experimenting with the, I think, nine possible pickup settings. The only problem I've found is that when the bridge tone knob is pulled up to split the coils, the tremolo arm doesn't have enough clearance and it hits the knob (actually it's a vibrato arm but that's a whole 'nother issue all together). That's easily fixed by bending the arm slighly upward. (DO NOT try to bend the arm while mounted on the guitar lest you break the anchor/socket. Warranties don't cover Neanderthal engineering techniques.) Quality: This is my second MiM Strat, the other being a very pretty 2013 Ocean Blue Satin Series model. The quality of both is impeccable. The frets are nicely dressed and the finishes are without flaw. The folks in Ensenada should be rightfully proud of their products. Value: For the price you will not find a better value than the Fenderita ('Made in Mexico') Strat. And with zZounds insanely convenient and horribly addictive payment plans, you will find no easier way to acquire such magnificent gear as this Strat. Manufacturer Support: I've not contacted Fender. If I did, it would be to compliment them for making such terrific guitars. The Wow Factor: I bought the 'Ghost Silver' model and it is GORGEOUS. It isn't a flat silver like the 25th Anniversary model Strats from years passed. It has a flecked quality like on silver Honda automobiles. We're talking serious WOW FACTOR. The black and chrome bobbins on the humbuckers add a nice contrasting pizzazz to the rest of the guitar. (I had to "pimp my ride" by replacing the black control knobs with chrome colored knobs.) Overall: This is one FANTASTIC guitar.

"Amending My Previous Review" submitted July 20, 2017

By Mark R. Garner in Covington, LA
Overall
Music Style: Rock, with emphasis on psychedelic like Page-Era Yardbirds, Jimi and the earliest Floyd recordings. 1967-68 was an epic time for
Overall: This "monster" of a guitar that I reviewed last week features the newer Pau Ferro fretboard. I was in error saying that it was rosewood. I personally prefer PF, it's a harder, more tightly grained wood than RW. (My 2017 Baja 60's Tele has PF, and my 2013 Satin Standard Strat appears to be PF though specs say RW.) Pau Ferro makes a GREAT fretboard. So what if it's a lighter color?! IMHO this switch in the end makes a better playing guitar so I embrace it. We gotta face facts; rosewood is now a premium wood. Meanwhile Epiphone is introducing "torrefied (baked) composite" fretboards. Isn't SPAM a torrefied composite?

"Set up out of box." submitted January 24, 2016

By Bob Thompson in Tampa , FL
Overall
Musical Background: Sax and guitar.
Music Style: Rock,jazz
Overall: Very nice finish, flawless, pickups are better than I expected. Plays sweet, very little set up needed.Thats what Fender does!

When you call, mention priority code 207-8V1P. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976