When you call, mention priority code 155Z-5F46

Rating and Reviews: Fender Blacktop Jaguar 90

Part of the affordable and enticing Blacktop Series from Fender, the Jaguar 90 offers classic Jag looks with a single coil edge.

Overall

"Small scale guitar" submitted March 29, 2013

By jerry jah in new york, NY
Overall
Musical Background: guitarist 30 years
Music Style: blues rock jazz
Overall: This guitar is just 24 inches from nut to bridge. The 9-42 string gauge is way too light and I will switch to 10-46 and tighten the truss rod slightly to compensate eventually. The fret edges seemed sharp but just after one evening the neck feels better, perhaps it was stored without enough humidity in New Jersey, and these are made in Mexico. My first reaction is that I made a mistake buying this as tuning is difficult as the slightest twist of the tuning knob sends the pitch wildly up or down, so getting used to the tuners takes a little time. Plugged into a Jet City 20 watt tube head into the Vox 1 x 12 cab with a Celestion Greenback I just couldnt tell much, as the guitar pickups are a little noisy and the amp is noisy, the amp only sounds good turned up so loud that the power tubes are breaking up. The guitar plays well and is fast, but only as fast as the player. I am just as fast on an acoustic guitar. The guitar is heavy, theres a surprising amount of weight, back in the 1960's the Jaguar cost more money than Strats and Teles, and Fender has maintained a certain degree of quality. I bought this because its the only Jaguar without a tremelo and I cant afford the top of the line Jazzmaster right now. This model has 2 P-90 pickups and was introduced about a year ago but the humbucker version has been around for a while. So the guitar needs heavier strings. Action is set up perfectly out of the factory but intonation was out on the D A and low E strings, and the travel length of the saddles on the D and E strings are not long enough to correct the intonation so my D is slightly flat and the low E is slightly sharp. The other strings intonate correctly so I hope when I put the 10/46 on that the intonation will improve. I am not sure if the nut can handle 11/49 strings so I will start out with the 10/46. So in conclusion I would say this is a novelty guitar because 24 inch scale is so uncommon, but I will probably keep it and make it my number 2 beater behind my schecter hellraiser C-1. This way I have 2 beaters. The rosewood fingerboard is nice and the guitar looks really nice and cool, I have the sunburst finish.

When you call, mention priority code 155Z-5F46. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976