When you call, mention priority code 1440-7CB4

Rating and Reviews: Fender Blacktop Jazz Bass

Ideal for bassists looking for a powerful tone, the Fender Blacktop has a rosewood fretboard and alder body.

Overall

"I think feed back will move this bass to a different type of string and a wide assortment of colors" submitted August 23, 2011

Musical Background: 50 plus years
Music Style: Country
Sound: Fender did it again.I can't believe the price on this bass.It's a mim so what!I played the Blacktop 6 string and I was amazed at the sound.I am a bass player and I wanted to try the bass.I could not find one.I took a leap of faith and bought one.As far as I can tell I have the first on in California.I was not disappointed.I have not tweeked yet but I love everything about it.Nice mello sound and it can get funky too.I have play all of the upper end basses of Fender and this little darling will stand up to them.Did I say about the cost .Unbelievable.I don't have a 5 string bass but I think if they come out with a five .I can't help but one. Feature: It's Jazz bass all the way .The neck could be a little smaller.The humbuckers are great nice sound on the neck.True Jazz sound Ease of Use: The great sounds are there.You need to play withit .I play through eight ten and it has the monster sound you expext with all of the speaker.I drop down to two ten on small venue,but the quality is still there.I have not started tweeking it yet but that will come .I customize all my basses.Maybe I will lower the string and put some flat wounds on to see what happens Quality: What can I say it's Fender.I have never had a bad Fender product.I have been playing bass over 50 years and I have always had a Fender.It is a beautiful glossy black (my choice).Ihave two back up basses but this one is first in line.Ihave a good snug fitting case so this thing is going to last.Viva Mexico.You made a good one Value: With the new pickup configuration and the sound the bass is worth much more than it's sale price Manufacturer Support: I had to back order this unit but it came sooner than I expected.To this date ,other than a neck adjustment ,I have never had aproblem with aFender product and I don't expect any from this bass The Wow Factor: Ihave the high gloss black and it is pure sex appeal.I would like to see more color choices.I would buy a sun burst.Black and chrome you can't go wrong Overall: I am very protective of my gear and some day I will probably sell it for more than I paid for it.If I lost this one I would not hesitate to replace it with one just like it. The quality and the price you can't go wrong

"Better buy it Now, because the price will go up. Guarenteed." submitted November 3, 2011

By a customer from chuckboggs.com
Music Style: Rock, Blues,Southern Rock
Sound: Music store in my area carries several Fender Bass's. They also carry USA Fenders and MIM Fenders. I spent a couple of hours playing various bass's and I honestly could not tell the difference in sound between a USA and a MIM Bass. The sound the Blacktop Bass produces is awesome. I am using a Hartke 610 cab with Hartke Power amp and I couldnt ask for a better sound. Feature: Some Case Candy would be a nice perk but the allen wrench and truss wrench was all I got. This Bass is lacking nothing. The pups are great, great balance and not heavy at all. I had a MM Bass and that thing weighed a ton. I like the Maple Neck and Rosewood Fret Board. The finish is flawless and I love the Black Pickguard. Ease of Use: Plug and play. Right out of the box this Bass was gig ready. I tweaked the string height to suit my playing style. A manual came with this bass and it is Bi-Lingual but easy to read. Quality: The Bass reeks of quality. I am not going to nickel and dime the qualities that this bass exhibits. I compared the Blacktop MIM Bass to its American counter parts and honestly there is not a difference that I was able to detect. I always carry a backup Bass, Accidents happen from time to time, but I feel that this Blacktop Bass will stand the test of time. Value: I feel that I had the advantage when buying this Bass. Compared to other Bass's of quality that I play, this one ranks at the top. Manufacturer Support: Havent had to use support as yet. Its a Fender and if they cant help me then I Know ZZounds will help. Their customer service is second to none. The Wow Factor: Black with a black pick guard. Its beautiful and the compliments that I have received thus far are all positive. I almost bought the white version of this Bass but couldnt justify passing up the Black Model. The black and chrome accents are great together. Overall: Not really looking for another Bass at this point but would like to play the five string version if one comes out. If this Bass was lost,stolen or damaged beyond repair, I would buy another. No question.

"Enough custom features to make it unique, enough classic features to make it familiar." submitted January 12, 2012

Musical Background: 30+ years -- Bass, guitar, Bouzouki
Music Style: Classic Rock, Celtic Rock
Sound: I have always had a love of dual-P bass pickups.. not just the look, but the sound. This bass definitely lives up to my love -- the neck pickup has the classic P sound, and the bridge pickup has a really nice brightness that cuts well. A very wide range of sound can be had with playing around with the blending of the two pickups together. One small nitpick -- when Fender routes the cavity fot the pickups, it really should bring the two halves for the neck pickup tighter in together -- on the E/A side, the polepieces do not align correctly with the strings. Feature: The hi-mass bridge is nicely made, and I definitely notice a sustain difference. It would have been nice to have Schaller-style rollers for the string grooves so the spacing could be adjusted, but again, it's a nit-pick. Ease of Use: Standard J layout -- simple, flexible. I do have a bit of a complaint about how I received this bass -- in other reviews, it was reported that the instrument was set up well enough to play out of the box. When I received mine, the truss rod was completely loose. For me, it's a 2-3 day process to set up from this point. Also, the fingerboard was bone-dry and in fact had oxidized a couple shades lighter that what usual rosewood boards are. Granted, I take care of my fingerboards with Lemon Oil as usual maintainance, but seeing it this dry was a little disconcerting. Quality: The finish is impecible -- and unique. The White Chrome Pearl is a lot lighter in person that in photos. All other parts are usual Fender quality -- top notch. Although I like to custom my instruments, it will be a while before I get to the point where I will want to with this bass. Value: Decent pricing, and the payment program really helps. Manufacturer Support: I have purchased from Zzounds both via web and on the phone. Each time was trouble free. The Wow Factor: This is personal , given my love for the pickup combination. I'm glad Fender put out a bass in the configuration -- it's been a long time (last one I remember was the Precision Elite back in the 80's). Although I tend towards neck-thru instruments, I am very happy to "get back to my roots" with this bass. Overall: I fully intend on this bass staying in my possession for a long, long time.

"Great value!!" submitted December 29, 2012

By Kevin V in Lacassine, LA
Musical Background: 1 year+
Music Style: Christian, want to learn blues too.
Overall: Purchased this bass at a great price from young kid needing money for college. Sounded great, but noticed neck pickup not functional.(likely reason for low $$$ and the fact that I am now the 3rd owner) After minor repair and adjustments, this thing sounds and plays unbelievable!! Would be a great deal even above the normal selling price. Could not give 5 star rating to manuf. support, not original owner, so does not apply here. If anything happened to it, I would likely buy it again. Wish it was available in more color options, and there were other options for pickguards from Fender. Must go to aftermarket to have one custom made. If this ever comes out in sunburst, will sell this one to get it.

"awesome purchase" submitted January 9, 2014

By Brion W in Yaphank, NY
Musical Background: I play bass for 14 years. I play at work, home, jam
Music Style: Rock, heavy metal, blues, gospel, classical
Overall: I really love this bass.

When you call, mention priority code 1440-7CB4. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976