When you call, mention priority code 16J0-RKP2

Rating and Reviews: Fender Blacktop Jaguar HH

Give your Jag a boost with this model's high-gain humbucker pickups. It features an Alder body with a black or silver gloss polyester finish.

"Best guitar in my collection." submitted May 8, 2011

Musical Background: Professional musician
Music Style: eclectic
Sound: I love this guitar. It has a full sound like a Les Paul but plays like a Fender. What more could you want? I was a little worried about the scale, as I have big hands, but the smaller size is hardly even noticeable. I know that Mexican Fenders can be kind of hit or miss, but this one's definitely a winner. I play it through a Fender Deluxe Reverb reissue, and the tone is amazing. I have been looking at Jags/Jazzmasters for a very long time, and the price was finally right. This sounds every bit as good as an instrument three times the price. Feature: In terms of features, this is a stripped down Jaguar, but I would actually consider that a plus, as it's nice to not have to mess with all the switches and dials. Ease of Use: It is extremely playable and sounds amazing. Quality: This guitar is just as solid as any American Fender that I've ever played, and the electronics are clean with a nice, full tone. Value: This guitar is definitely worth the price. It sounds just as good as a $1,500 Jazzmaster, no joke. Manufacturer Support: I have not had any issues with it, but one nice thing about Fenders is that it's never too hard to find parts if something needs to be fixed or upgraded. The Wow Factor: I have the silver finish, and this is one sexy guitar. Overall: I expect that this will be a guitar that I pass on to my children someday. In the meantime, this has become my number one instrument of choice. For what it's worth, I have been playing professionally for about eighteen years and have owned over a dozen guitars. This one is hands down my favorite.

"A guitar worth much more than what I payed for it" submitted January 25, 2012

By Adam Albert in Phoenix, AZ
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing guitar for eleven years, and play in local bands.
Music Style: Rock, alternative, blues, jazz, funk, reggae, R&B, country, electronic, industrial and more I can't think of at the moment I am
Sound: The Blacktop Jag has a nice full sound. I am really happy with the clean tones from this guitar as well as playing it with overdrive/distortion. I have been a Strat and Tele player for years, and I wanted something with humbuckers without emptying the bank account for a Gibson, or getting stuck with a lemon by going cheap. This guitar, in my opinion is definitely worth a lot more than the current retail price. My playing, I feel, is becoming a bit more diverse after playing this guitar. It has a different feel and tone compared to what I am use to, and I find myself trying out riffs and licks that were a bit harder on longer scale axes. It definitely fits the genres I play. I have been able to conjure up a good tone out of it for everything I play. Feature: All of the Blacktop Jaguar's features are utilized when I play it. I like the body style of the Fender Jag but the typical Jags have a lot of features I wouldn't be interested in. The single volume and tone on this model are fine with me. Ease of Use: It's pretty simple to get a great sound out of this guitar. A quick set up, and swapping out the original strings (more on that later), and this axe sounded great dry through my Fender Hot rod Deluxe. So far it sounds great coupled with my amp and my effects pedals. It's also very easy to play, and feels comfortable. Quality: I haven't dropped it yet, and hopefully never will, but I suspect it can take a beating. It feels like it is built like a tank. I have a feeling it will last me a long time, even gigging with it often. Value: I would sell this guitar for a bit more, but thankfully I got it at the price I did. And now Fender has the Modern player series for even cheaper than the Blacktops? Fender, you're going to nickel and dime me out of my last cent with your low priced guitars haha. Which by the way, aside from the quality of the Blacktop Jaguar, the price was definitely a factor in me purchasing it. Even better, I got it through Zzounds for less than I would be paying at a shop or online, after taxes and shipping. Manufacturer Support: I never had an issue with any of my Fender products, so I've never spoken with their support. It does say a lot about the quality of their products, in my opinion. The Wow Factor: I would rate this WOW, how about that? It certainly has 'wow factor' with the awesome silver finish on mine. I didn't see one flaw in the paint job on mine. As I said before, I enjoyed the tone of this axe as well. I plan on keeping this one stock too, as I am happy with the Alnico humbuckers on it. The only thing I didn't like were the strings... but c'mon, we all replace them anyways, right? Overall: For a Strat & Tele man that wanted to get into Jags (and dual humbucker axes) without all of the crazy features of a typical Jag, this was an awesome introduction for me! Especially at the price I paid.
13 of 14 people (92.86%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Blacktop Jaguar" submitted February 8, 2011

Music Style: Rock, Alt, Indie
Sound: For a Mexican Fender guitar, this Jaguar has a great sound. The neck and body are in great shape, good craftsmanship. The pickups are where this thing earns it's 8 for sound. They are OK, don't get me wrong, but I wouldn't record with them. Replace the pups and you couldn't have a better buy for the buck. Feature: I knew what I was getting with the stripped down Blacktop Jaguar. I wanted exactly what I got from the features of this guitar, but that's not much. I really like the no-nonsense setup on this guitar. It just doesn't have your usual Jaguar features, so I can't rate it too high. Ease of Use: Out of box, this thing played pretty well. I restrung it with some DRs and adjusted the intonation a bit on 2 strings, but that was it. I don't have small hands, but do like the scale length. I can really move around this neck faster than my Strat's. Quality: Like I said, for a Mexican Fender, this is a great quality buy. I think the bridge saddles could be better and the pickups (as I mentioned) were not "10"s out of the box. The nut and neck are as good as most American Fender necks I've seen. The body is great, everything feels solid and tight. I haven't opened it up to take a look at the wiring yet, but I will because I got a slight buzz when I'm not touching the strings (grounding problem). Value: For the price, you can't beat this guitar. I looked through the entire blacktop series and this one had the best reviews for a reason. The craftsmanship and the feel of this guitar is better than a lot of high end Strats that I've played. With a little love, and after getting your own sound from new pickups, this guitar will be your go-to whether you are adding it to your arsenal or getting your first Fender. Overall: Enough said, this is a beautiful guitar. Not even on the "for the price" level -- it's just worth buying.

When you call, mention priority code 16J0-RKP2. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976