When you call, mention priority code 12BW-M751

Rating and Reviews: Fender Blacktop Tele HH

This Telecaster dishes out the attitude with dual high-gain humbuckers. Outfitted with chrome hardware, its alder body shines with a polyester gloss finish.

"USA Deluxe Features on a MIM!" submitted July 14, 2011

Musical Background: Serious Hobbyist
Music Style: Hard Rock / Hot Blues
Sound: The tone is obviously not you father's telecaster. It does not have a lot of that telecaster spank that a typical single coil would have, but it does have a whiff of that tone at times. It is a rocker with high gain humbuckers and it can get just pain raunchy. I live for that sound, but don't buy one if you think it's just a tele that's grown some muscles. The damn things on steroids. The reason that I didn't rate it higher is because it has nice crunch, but can get a bit bright to me. I had blacktop strat that I sold because it was thin. This tele is not thin, just trebly - not like an ice pick, but I usually play a Les Paul and it's not as warm as a Paul. I plan to put a pair of Seymour Duncan '59's in it to warm it up a bit. Feature: Best aspect of this guitar are the features. I really appreciate a "belly cut" (contoured body to the layman)in a guitar this reasonably priced. It has 6 saddles for ease of intonation, 22 frets and a nice smooth neck. To top it off, it has a black pickguard (hence "blacktop"). You Fender freaks know that each of those features is normally on a much more expensive model - a real nice bit of features for the money. It would have been a 10 if it had barrel knobs instead of those amp conrol-looking things...easily changed out though. Ease of Use: Works like any good Strat or Tele. Nice neck, just wish it would have a soft V, but what am I buying a custom-made guitar? Of course not.. Quality: No issues that a good setup won't cure. Fine MIM quality. Value: Great price point. Look at the features...It has gone up 50 bucks recently. Overall: I bought it, sold it, and had to buy another with a planned pickup change to Duncans. Just too much overall value on this guitar.

"Great Axe. Great Bargain. BUY IT!" submitted December 16, 2011

Musical Background: Semi Professional
Music Style: Blues, Country, Rock
Sound: These pickups are HOT. Very smooth. From mellow to that old Tele "honk"...I don't know how they do it, but they did it! I love it...Tele spank and mellow smooth in one instrument! Feature: I gave it a 9 because I hate the amp knobs. No biggie, a small and simple change to knurled chrome Tele knobs, and I was good to go! Got the silver/w maple neck. Absolutley breathtaking. Flawless. Beautiful fit and finish. I wouldn't change a thing...except the knobs, of course. Ease of Use: Super playable. A tiny tweak of the neck with the provided truss rod wrench, a new set of Elixr strings, and I was good to go. Very simple to operate...It is a TELE! Quality: Flawless. Value: Completely worth it. A bargain! Manufacturer Support: Lifetime warrantee on a $500.00 MIM axe....can't beat it! The Wow Factor: This is a must have for anyone who plays rythm or lead guitar. Overall: This guitar will be in my arsenal for many years to come.

"Mex craftsmanship...." submitted January 22, 2014

By Ted Macdonald in Carlisle, PA
Overall
Musical Background: Playing guitar for 41 years. Played professionally for 15 yrs.
Music Style: Blues, Southern Rock, Metal
Overall: First off, The Mex made Fenders have really come a LONG way since the begining. This is my 2nd Mex Fender, Both of witch I have purchased in the last 6 months. I also own 3 USA Fenders a China Fender and a Jap Fender. I must say, The Mex Fenders are rivaling the USA made. This Blacktop Tele was almost spot on out of the box. Intonation was perfect, Neck was straight, The only thing I had to adjust was action, And a lot of the time that is just personal preference. Zero fret buzz even with action set low, And this was with no truss rod adjustment. The electronics are very quite and I honestly cannot find one thing I would have changed! The icing on the cake of course is Zzounds super customer service, Fast shipping and great prices! Don't be afraid of the Mex Fenders,,,,

"Fender Blacktop Tele" submitted August 20, 2012

By George Waltman in Saraland, AL
Overall
Musical Background: Intermediate...playing for almost 2 yrs..just a jam @ home player
Music Style: Rock, Classic Rock, Christian, Country
Overall: Fender Telecaster, what's not to love? With 2 humbuckers, it's not grandpa's Tele. Mine arrived within 3 days and I love it. I think it would be perfect if it had the splittable pickups with the 5 way switch like the Blacktop Strat (that's a hint for you Fender) Set up was pretty good, action a little high, but I always adjust that anyway. Excellent quality on this one, no sharp fret ends, blemishes etc... I am very happy with my purchase, zZounds four payment plan made it easy to purchase also. I will be a repeat customer no doubt!

"Fender Black Top Telecaster" submitted February 2, 2014

By Edward Owen in Boise, ID
Musical Background: Profession Guitar Teacher
Music Style: Rock, Blues Contemporary Christian,
Overall: ZZounds is an Awesome organization. They are world class, top notch in my book. Im in the music business, and use and review a lot of musical equipment, exspecially Guitars. Zzpunds is an important part of my business. They provide top notch service and equipment and a very reasonable price.Zzounds is one of my favorite vendors..Thanks and God Bless ZZ

"Rock workhorse and great for metal with EMGs!" submitted November 10, 2010

Musical Background: Professional Musician, Recording/Mix Engineer
Music Style: Rock, Metal, Alternative
Sound: Out of the box, it sounds pretty alright. I had the desire to put new pickups in it before I even bought it. The stock pickups are lacking a lot of the clarity that I'm used to, so I put in some active EMGs and its my main guitar now. Feature: Can't complain, it came with the wrenches necessary to adjust most of the parts you would need to. Ease of Use: Ease-peasy. Quality: The tuners are lacking in their stability... Not much else to say about it. The rest of the guitar is amazing. Value: This is a great low priced work horse. I've been using it everyday for the last 2 months and it hasn't faltered in any way. Manufacturer Support: Can't comment. The Wow Factor: Its got this vibe/look about it that just made me want to buy it. Its kinda sexy in my eyes. Overall: This thing is awesome... I will eventually replace the tuners. Other than that I cannot complain about it at all. If it were stolen, I'd buy another one, for sure.

When you call, mention priority code 12BW-M751. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976