When you call, mention priority code 1577-0JNP

Rating and Reviews: Fender Blacktop Strat HH

The Fender Blacktop Stratocaster HH offers a classic Fender model with added punch. With a Maple fretboard and dual humbuckers, the Blacktop Strat rocks.

Overall

"Evil Strat.Solid,Sweet...(don't have time to write more gotta go back and play it)" submitted October 8, 2012

By a customer from hotmail.com in Boston , MA
Musical Background: Guitarist playing for about 5 years
Music Style: Metal
Overall: zZounds are the best no only they give you the option of paying easy non high payments but they Ship your instrument perfectly set up so you can just start playing a good instrument right out the box without having to wait as you save and only dream of that instrument you have always wanted.

"ONE SWEET INSTRUMENT!!" submitted September 23, 2010

By a customer from optonline.net
Music Style: Blues and classic rock
Sound: For the price, they are almost giving it away. Even better, the quality, finish, and sound are outstanding. I actually now prefer this as my main strat, rather than my $1500 custom strat. Finally, a strat with the sounds of a strat and a Les Paul all rolled into one, and with the balance, thin neck, and playability of a Strat. There's just nothing bad to say about it. Feature: It's like having a Strat AND a Les Paul, but with the whammy bar included! Ease of Use: Easy as pie. Quality: Fit, finish,tuners, etc: all good. Value: $450 for this? I feel like I stole it! Manufacturer Support: Whenever I've contacted Fender, they always respond soon and are helpful. The Wow Factor: If it's that good at that price...I call that sexy. Overall: As I said before, I actully prefer the sound of this instrument to my $1500 custom Strat.
30 of 32 people (93.75%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Amazing Guitar!" submitted November 26, 2012

By Brandon Bell in Hampton, VA
Overall
Musical Background: Gigging musician. Lead Guitarist.
Music Style: Blues/Folk Rock. Hard Rock. Southern Rock.
Overall: I got this guitar today (i just became the lead guitarist of my band) and i needed a solid main ax but i don't have a ton of cash to spare so i went with this blacktop with the maple fretboard because i had read a bunch of great reviews on it. I am NOT disappointed! It is an amazing guitar! The first time i picked it up it felt like butter in my hands, it plays so smooth, it sings so beautifully! I'm in love with this guitar.

"Good Value" submitted April 5, 2013

By Carlos Santoyo in El Paso, TX
Overall
Overall: My wife got me this guitar and i must say this guitar is awesome and a great opportunity to own a real fender. Came set up pretty good right out the box. Pickups are ok but i plan on swapping them out soon as this is a great guitar to mod and upgrade. I got the sonic blue finish and the mint pickguard really looks awesome. If you're looking for a quality guitar and great value look no further!

"Find a better deal I dare you." submitted March 18, 2011

Overall
Musical Background: 25 years.
Music Style: funk, blues, progressive rock, shred.
Sound: Ok, I too have spent a lot of dough on instruments over the years. For years I have only played guitars with humbuckers...but that has always created a problem. My fingers arent long. So i love the sound of humbuckers but love fender necks. I decided to give this guitar a try. Actually, I played one in a guitar store and had a good time with it but it wasn't set up, but I saw potential. I had 650. in my pocket and almost bought it, but the sales guy was a jerk and thought I had no money plus I don't like black. I found my self thinking about the guitar and since ZZounds is my home page I looked it up and pulled the trigger. While waiting for the guitar to arrive I was already on the Warmouth page picking out high quality replacement parts. I was going to slowly rebuild it figuring I would be unhappy with the overall quality. Then it arrived. It desperately needed a set up. Truss rod adjustment, action set, intonation, and the screws for the whammy in the back had to be screwed in about 3/4 of an inch. I did all that in about 1/2 hour. Once I did this thing rocked!!! Just sweet in every regard. Stays in tune, its a breeze to play, great frets, great sound. Like the previous reviewer said, they are giving this one away. I once bought a Japan made Mustang for double this and it was horrible. This was made right. I have 25 years on the guitar. Feature: All great. If you want a fender neck and humbuckers. Steal this! Ease of Use: Again, has to be set up, but once you do look out! Quality: I have a hard time figuring out what they could have done better on this one. Value: Wow, is about all I can say. Way to go Fender. Manufacturer Support: I am not figuring I will need it. The Wow Factor: Fenders are not sexy, sorry. It's not an Ibanez S. It's a strat body. Has the lines of a vintage car. But who cares? Function than form I say. Overall: I would just get another. This guitar makes me sound like a seasoned pro.
13 of 16 people (81.25%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Fine guitar, but no "bell" tone" submitted May 3, 2013

By Jeffrey Campbell in Amelia, OH
Overall
Musical Background: Play guitar and bass for 47 years.
Music Style: Whatever.
Overall: The second and fourth positions on the toggle switch give you either the 2 inside single coils or the neck position single coil. These, of course, are a softer sound, but they ARE not the same as single coil Strat pickups. There is no bell-like quality to their tone, and they sound more muted than anything. I like the guitar overall, but I will need to get a $129 Bullet Strat just to get the single coil tones. The Bullet Strat, by the way, is the best $129 you'll ever spend on anything.

"Great Guitar!" submitted June 1, 2012

By Izzy Roland in NYC, NY
Overall
Overall: What a great purchase! This guitar plays great and fits my hands like a glove. Awesome tone that you would expect from a strat. Some people are complaining about the price, but I think it is a steal. There are plenty of guitars out there way more expensive. Buy it, you won't regret it! : )

"The BLUES never sounded so GOOD!!!" submitted June 13, 2011

By a customer from live.com
Music Style: Blues
Sound: sounds good for over drive and playing hard core blues. no buzz and no hum love it!! clean sound is good a bit hi on tone side. But with good amp with EQ cannot go wrong sound is mind blowing. 5 way sec. is good but some pos. play lounder than others. Not a big deal. Ease of Use: plays well a bang for your buck. Quality: not a blemishes on it! Love the finish. Value: This axe is worth what I payed it and more. This is a good axe compared to over priced gibsons. THANK YOU FENDER and ZZSOUND great buy The Wow Factor: Red on white head turner looks good!! Overall: Love it if lost stolen I would replace it.

"Fender Blacktop Stratocaster HH Electric Guitar (Maple)" submitted October 3, 2012

By William LaRock in Utica, NY
Overall
Musical Background: Playing guitar and some bass 30 years but still learning.
Music Style: I love blues based rock and roll.
Overall: I was reluctant to purchase a Fender that wasn't made in the USA, but the unique pickup configuration definitely got my attention. I thought the all black model with so much chrome, and the maple neck just looked so cool. When I received the guitar I wasn't disappointed. A few minutes to tune it up and it played and sounded awesome. The fit and finish is as good as any USA strat I've had. The pickups are hotter than I usually like, but remain clean and clear with excellent definition. For the money this guitar is a great buy.

"Best Fender Strat Value under $999!" submitted September 22, 2011

Overall
Sound: If you're looking for a Strat with Dual Vintage Humbuckers, you should expect that the sound/tone of the Blacktop Series will be much different than that of a typical Three Single Coil Pickup conifguration Stratocaster. With that in mind, don't expect this guitar to sound like a Les Paul either. With the 5-Way Switching, you'll get a multitude of tone options (including coil splitting of the humbuckers which somewhat mimicks the single coil tone of both the Tele and Strat). My personal opinion is that the Bridge Humbucker is outstanding overall with mist any amp setting (clean or highly overdriven). The Neck Humbucker can be a little "muddy" sounding with high gain amp, but all and all both pickups in any of the 5 positions sounds very nice, yet very unique. The "sound" or tone of a guitar is obviously very dependant on your amp and it's settings, so every user well get various result. I wouldn't say that it's a "love it or hate it" situation, but the Dual Vintage Humbucker Tone in a Strat body may not be well suited for everyone. Feature: As mentioned before, the 5-Way Pickup Switch is an excellent feature which allows for several different tone options. The mint green pickguard looks excellent against the Sonic Blue finish, but not everyone loves the black skirted amp knobs personally, I don't mind the amp knobs, but I do think the guitar would look "cleaner" with matching mint green knobs (including the switch knob and tremolo tip which are also black). The guitar does not come with a case of gig bag, which is a downside, but most buyers prefer the upgrade to a hardshell case anyway. Ease of Use: The guitar was setup quite well from the factory, with only a few minor tweaks required. Any guitar will benefit from a professional setup to the owners specification, but this unit was quite playable and stays in tune well, straight out of the box. For my preferences, the guitar plays & feels very well. I played just about every Fender Strat currently on the market (both Made in Mexico & USA), and I found the neck on this guitar second to none the only other guitar that came close was an American Deluxe Strat. Quality: Fit and finish on this guitar is superb. As mentioned early, I played (and inspected) several new Strats, and I can tell you with 100% convidence that the fit & finish of my Sonic Blue Blacktop Strat (with Maple neck) was on-par with the USA units, if not better than some. The neck pocket on my guitar in particular looked much better than most of the USA Strats that I held in my own hands & closely inspected. Not a single finish or manufacturing flaw on my guitar. I can't rate it a 10, because I'd have to say that a 10 rating should be reserved for the high-end models. Nonetheless, my guitar is flawless from front to back & top to bottom. Value: For the price I paid, and considering the quality of the guitar itself, I have no issues with giving the Blacktop Series Strat a high rating for value. It's one of the only "Non-made in USA" Strats you'll find with a 22 fret neck basically EVERY MIM (Made in Mexico) Strat has a 21 fret neck, whereas basically EVERY MIA (Made in USA) Strat has the 22 fret neck. In my opinion, the necks on these Blacktop Strats are as good as a MIA neck. Manufacturer Support: I actually emailed Fender regarding verification of my model number (based on the body & neck date stamps). A rep from Fender promptly responded via email with FULL details reagrding my guitar in particular. Excellent customer service & support from Fender. The Wow Factor: Once you play it (if it suits your style and you get one that has excellent build quality), you'll never want to part with it I plan to keep mine for life. It has truly become "my" guitar and it feels like an old friend after a very short time. In other word, these guitars are truly keepers. Overall: Like any guitar, the Black Series can benefit from a few upgrades, but overall it is an excellent guitar and I wouldn't trade it for any other Fender made Strat under $999. If it were lost or stolen, I would probably have to spend double to replace it with a USA made Strat if the Blacktop Series was discontinued.

"Best Guitar i have ever had!" submitted March 20, 2012

By Freddy Stone in Lincolnton , NC
Overall
Musical Background: i have played off and on most my life, piano has always been my main instrument or keyboardist. play
Music Style: Some bass, and up untilled now some guitar. About 4 months ago I wanted to really learn to play guitar, I need some of the basic
Overall: I'm a proud owner of the fender blacktop stratocaster, I chose the candy apple red with maple fretboard. This guitar played very well right out of the box, but after I said it up all my god. I could not believe the way to this guitar played. And then there was the sound, it was a fender with something special. With the five way selector there is no end to the tones you can get with the right amp. I love blues and this guitar lays it down with that something special I mentioned. I'm here to tell you for the price its a give away, you well not find a guitar anywhere with the quality it has, fit and finish are incredible. I tell you it's like a 2000 dollar stratocaster and to me it plays just the same. I so love this guitar I cannot keep my hands off her, and there's no need to change anytime. The humbucker pickups in this guitar are very good and not some low end humbucker.

When you call, mention priority code 1577-0JNP. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976