When you call, mention priority code 144Z-PY46

Rating and Reviews: Fender Geddy Lee J Bass

Play with the mean, mean stride of Geddy Lee. This Jazz Bass packs all the vintage style and tone of an original '70s J Bass.

Overall

"Fender Jazz Bass ~ & overall opinion of this company. " submitted March 31, 2014

By jamie gardner in erwin, NC
Overall
Musical Background: playing for 30 years play bass and drums. play Simi professional about 2 times a month mostly hard rock/metal.
Music Style: Hard Rock & Metal
Overall: First of all I wish I would have found zzounds a while back before I spent over $2500 at musicians freind. I will only do business from now on with zzounds . Everything was perfect the Getty Lee bass I ordered is a dream to play I am a fender bass man anyway but it's my new favorite. This bass is super sweet the the c shape neck small nut width and a beautiful 3 color sunburst it really sounds as good as it looks. The bad as bridge is killer action is awesome. If you like fender at all and want one killer bass for the $ ..it's gotta be this one.The customer service here is 5 star! It cannot get any better. If you're shopping around not sure , do yourself a favor don't hesitate a second longer you will be very satisfied with this company. Not to mention I got the price they matched anyone else's price & give you an option to Play as you pay witch really helped me. I'm coming back soon as I payoff my awesome fender jazz bass and getting a tube head and a new 8x10 cab. Can't wait! Thanks zzounds for your support when I had questions and not to mention had my gear in 4 days!

"Getty Lee Bass Guitar" submitted February 16, 2014

By Dennis Wass in Lynchburg, OH
Overall
Musical Background: I`ve been professional for 38 years...Bass is my forte` and I play all Genre.
Music Style: Hardrock 60-80`s, County all the above, Blues to the point, P-Funk, even Bluegrass.
Overall: Nomatter if it was a slightly blemished from the Factory, this Bass was intact. It is a peculiar Bass in that it requires removal(via by 4 neckbolts) to adjust the actual desired string/fretboard spacing for personal taste. That is not more than a 15 minute procedure, and should only be done in 1/8th turn intervals and is not a void to warranty. That is the uniqueness of Getty Lee Basses to get his formulated sound, although it works for any thing uncluding a very clean "Country Percussive Upright(higher) Bass Action. Just a good Bass for the price and a special feel.

"Awesome bass" submitted October 6, 2013

By a customer from yahoo.com in Amsterdam, NY
Musical Background: 30 years experience
Music Style: Classic Rock, Jazz, Funk, Alternative. Rock
Overall: This bass is one of the best basses for the price. Very pleased w/ easy of use. Playability excellent. Minor adjustments needed out of box! Set up took about 15 minutes. Just had to tune her. And we were off!

"Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass" submitted March 4, 2013

By Gary Hall in Jacksonville, FL
Overall
Musical Background: Pro Musician - Been playing for over 45 yrs. - play Bass/ Keys/Guitar
Music Style: Played it all. Even Polkas . Progressive Rock is my game. OLD SCHOOL .
Overall: This is the third one I have own and you can't beat it . I have had the U.S.A. Standard and Deluxe Jazz Bass and I would take the Geddy Lee Jazz Bass any day instead. I bought my 1ST one for $625. . It was made in Japan so wasn't my 2ND one. Both GREAT in every way. This new one I just bought from ZZounds is from Mexico but seems just as good as the one's from Japan. They all need to be set up to your own liking but are playable right from the box. I think its GREAT that ZZounds is keeping it real with the price compared to other big chains and Fender has lost its mine taking this Bass to over $1000. . I am a 58 yr. old PRO and feel that Fender is asking to much in these hard times for many of the up and coming young Musicians . Thanks again to ZZounds for there affordable payment Plans.

"Awesome!" submitted April 25, 2014

By Dan S in Clermont, FL
Musical Background: Playing more than 10 years
Music Style: Rock, Progressive Rock and Southrn Rock
Overall: I have always looked at this bass and wanted one. The first purchase of a Fender, I was looking to buy this, but the local music store didnt have one in stock, so I purchased an American Standard P-Bass. I loved that bass.....after awhile, I began wanting a different sound. I finally ordered this bass in the Brown Sunburst Finish. Oh MY GOD! I love this bass and wish I had waited for one back year ago instead of grabbing that P-Bass. I love the neck, the finish is awesome and the sound. I LOVE the growl and the high end and clarity of the notes. Playing with the controls and changing up the tone gives a good variety of sound. The only thing I changed was the strings, had to but my favorites, Swing Bass 66...added another dimension. Notes clearer.....bottom end a bit harder and still clear, not muddy. My only thought for Fender, its a $900 bass, should come with HSC, and Rotosound Swing Bass 66 (Geddy's strings) from the factory. I LOVE this bass and it looks like my P-Bass will become my backup now :)

"Awesome! " submitted May 15, 2014

By Dan S in Clermont, FL
Overall
Musical Background: Bass player for years. Mostly local cover bands and small stuff
Music Style: Rock, classic rock, heavy metal
Overall: This GL jazz bass is awesome! The neck is super fast, the finish wow! Let's get to the tone....holy cow this thing plays and sounds like a dream. I am used to playing Fender P basses and this bass adds an entire new dimension to my arsenal! Enough bottom end to rival the P bass, but the clarity of the notes is perfect! The bass was set up perfectly for me and after installing a set of RS Swing Bass 66 stings (why they didn't come it's GL's strings....) the growl is unmatched. Been using RS strings for years on my P bass and this bass makes them sound even better. This bass has become my goto bass now. Only complaints, came with a gig bag instead of a HSC and adjusting the neck is going to be a pain in the but, but I'd buy another one in a second. I love this bass!

When you call, mention priority code 144Z-PY46. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976