When you call, mention priority code 156X-FHXY

Rating and Reviews: Fender Roger Waters PBass

Appropriate a bit of the Pink Floyd style and sound with the distinctive features and design of the Roger Waters Precision Electric Bass.

"Excellent Precision Bass!!!" submitted June 14, 2013

By B Mills in San Antonio, TX
Musical Background: Casual player of many instruments
Music Style: Multiple genres
Overall: For Father's Day 2013 I asked for a Fender Roger Waters Precision Bass. My lovely wife made it happen and it was delivered this morning, Friday the 14th. I currently own 4 other Precision basses including a 2012 American Standard and a 2012 50's Road Worn. I knew within 2 minutes that the Roger Waters Pbass was for real. Playing through my Ampeg PF500 and 2 HLF115's the sound is FAT and Monstrous. Everything about it is first class. I was also surprised at the weight. Mine weighs in at 8.25lbs which is exactly what my Road Worn weighs and is much lighter than I expected (a great thing!). I see that some folks complain about the width of the neck at the nut. I actually like it and I don't have big hands. I started playing with Ibanez basses and Jazz basses and am used to thin necks but I find my hands fatigue less with a fatter neck. Set up out of the box is actually really good. I will tweak it a bit but it is an amazing player as it comes from the factory. Buy one, you won't be disappointed!

"Just purchased this Bass this week 8/16/12" submitted August 19, 2012

By Paul T in Jonesboro, AR
Musical Background: Novice
Music Style: Classic Rock
Overall: Excellent. I have not been playing bass very long and I'm no expert, so please discount my review. Before I bought it, I had read every review I could find on this bass from every source I could possibly find for months and months before I bought it. I always have appreciated the honest reviews from other owners of guitars on other sites. I read and it helped me to decide what to buy and what guitars to stay from, so I will be completely honest. It arrived as promised, it plays well, was made well, and it honestly looks a lot better than the pictures reflect. The pickguard has a protective film on it and a sticker from "The Wall". They come off easy. A lot of photos tend to make the guard look almost transparent & scratchy, not the case. The guitar is perfect, the other reviews focused a lot on the neck size/nut width issue, not a problem. It is a little wider and thicker but it is nothing to worry about. The maple neck is a shade or two darker than the photos, but it looks really, really, good. I personally like the black color scheme and own a Fender Aerodyne Jazz Bass (black body, and black painted neck, & head) and Fender American Standard Precision Bass (black body maple neck & head, ((I changed the white pickguard for 3 ply BWB)). Not an expert on strings either, but I will switch the ones that it came with and get the rotosound77 Jazz string to see how they are. Supposedly "The Dark Side of the Moon" sound. I like a low action and with turn that down when I change the strings. Overall, pretty inexpensive, plays good, sounds good, and looks good. Cannot comment on bridges and pickups since I have not changed them on my other guitars myself.

"Waters Precision Bass" submitted January 20, 2014

By John Peirce in Anchorage, AK
Musical Background: Lifelong bassist - 35 years
Music Style: Classic rock, metal, country rock
Overall: This is a very nice bass except for the fret work. Sounds great but the frets seem to be very noticeable and uncomfortable along the edge of the neck when playing the bass. It is as if they were cut slightly too long which gives the edge of the neck a spikey feel. It is tolerable but I will probably do some work on it to correct the problem. It does have a big fat neck like a very old school Fender P-Bass.

"FAT!!!" submitted February 9, 2012

By Richard Graham Jr in Poughkeepsie, NY
Musical Background: I have been a Bassist for 30 years
Music Style: All styles of music
Overall: The Roger Watrers Bass came to my house the next day because I live on the East coast. It was beautiful and perfect except one thing. The neck was very thick. The neck and fret work was excellent, however too big and fat for my little stubby fingers. I loved the brass nut and black body, black dot inlays and the sey-duncan pickup was smoking. The bass sounded really good plugged into my Ampeg BA115 combo and shook the house. The reason I'm using terms like did, and was is because I sent it back for an american made fender precision. Even though they are double the price they come with the Jazz neck which has a smaller radius for my stubs. I really loved the Roger bass but it was too hard to play. My fingers were going numb.

"WOW>>>AWESOME!!" submitted January 14, 2012

By Richard Graham Jr in Poughkeepsie, NY
Musical Background: I have been a Bassist for 30 years
Music Style: Rock, southern Rock, blues, Alternative.
Overall: Ok so I just got my Roger waters precision and all I can say is WOW! Really nice quality and sound. Only thing is, I am going to get a work out on my medium size fingers because It's a wide neck. The sound that spews out of this Bass is really fat though with the Seymore Duncan 3 quarter pound pickups they put in this Bass. The only Mod I am going to do with this is put a Leo Quan Badass 2 bridge in it for even more sustain and Ding! I would have just bought a regular black P-bass and Modified it myself but I'm pretty sure that they use select wood for the signature Basses. You can really tell the difference from the stock P's. I'm very happy!

When you call, mention priority code 156X-FHXY. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976