When you call, mention priority code 20H-BZFL

Rating and Reviews: Standard Lefty Telecaster

Legendary Telecaster tone is yours when you plug in this guitar, complete with a maple neck, a 6-saddle string-thru bridge and a '70s-style headstock logo.

"Great Guitar, Great Value, Great Sound" submitted May 20, 2016

By Brad C in Fayetteville, AR
Overall
Musical Background: Been toying with music most of my life; playing guitar for the past three years (I'm 40)
Music Style: Celtodelic Rock & Reel; 90s alternative; Doomish Doom; Stuff
Sound: This guitar sounds GREAT! I had originally planned to put in some rails, but now I don't want to bc I don't want to ruin the sound. I can get anything from Black Angels (neck; bridge+fuzz) to Black Keys (bridge) to (yes for real, with the ceramic bridge pup) Black Sabbath. In the middle position you can play Tom Petty or REM. Middle and neck position are great for rythm. Neck is a great pickup, I don't know why it gets so much hate. It actually can sound a lot like a Les Paul neck pup to me--it isn't harsh, and it's located (like an LP neck pup) right where the 24th fret would be (harmonics may play a part here). It's also great on its own for chimey, "delicate", or even "ethereal" stuff.Works fine with Marshall and even gainier amps, too. It's amazing how a two-single-coil guitar can be so versatile! When it comes to plugging straight into an amp, I think this is more versatile than a strat--It covers further extremes. A Strat is a little more subtle, and with the right equipment, you can turn those subtleties into something bigger. But as far as plug-and-play, this is the most versatile guitar I've ever played. Feature: Not much in the way of features. Its biggest feature is that it's so #@$% responsive to everything you do. That's why people say it lets you hear all of your mistakes. By the same token, you can make this guitar do all kinds of things because of how responsive it is. Ease of Use: Easy easy easy to use. Two pickups makes things simple--especially when you can get so many different sounds out of them. Where you strum can make a big difference, depending on the amp you're using.Also I think this is a remarkably comfortable guitar. Almost as comfortable as my strat when standing--definitely more comfortable when sitting down (it stays put). For us lefties, there is one thing that makes it difficult to use, and that is the tone knob. Fender wires these to turn counterclockwise (Fender isn't the only one). In other words, they take righty pots and wire them reversed. The result? A tone knob that is only an on/off knob, and a very bad "off" sound at that. Unless you want to get truly nasty sounds (which I do). The volume works a -little- better, it's basically got 2 or 3 settings, depending again on the gain on your amp.Also, the necks on here are a great shape and VERY "slick" or smooth...your thumb just glides right along on the neck. Most people LOVE this but it caused my thumb to get tired when strumming chords. I did about three swipes with a wet piece of 1500 grit sandpaper, now it's dang-near perfect. I should have done two swipes, and/or used 2000 grit. Either way, it works great for me now, and this is not something that most people would have an issue with.This is quite simply a great player. Quality: It's a Tele. Rarely goes out of tune, ALTHOUGH mine personally seems to go out of tune on big bends, moreso than even my strat. Aside from that, it's a very solid guitar. Tuners are great, neck is great and seems high-quiality, finish is great. Hell, say what you want, but the pickups are very usable and I love the way they sound. I know there are better ones, but these are not bad at all. I will probably buy another one and put rails and/or mini humbuckers in it. Value: It's worth the price, especially since the pickups don't need to be switched out. I mean, you can, but the ones it's got work great. You can keep them while you save up and not go nuts or anything.I think it's a great value, yes. Manufacturer Support: I wrote Fender about the tone knob and they got back to me in a matter of hours. Very polite and professional, with up-to-date info about what to do (take it to an authorized tech). The Wow Factor: I think Teles have a cool shape, sort of retro-futuristic. Plus the black model is just 100x cooler than all of the others. Overall: I LOVE this guitar. I bought a Telecaster because I told myself I would, and because of the whole "IF you can play a tele, you can play anything," mindset. Then I thought, "Dang, maybe I should've gotten a Les Paul." Then my tele came in and I started to play it and I love it. It's a comfortable guitar that can do just about anything.

"Not the best Telecaster out there, but the Tone remains intact for the left handed player." submitted February 12, 2009

Musical Background: Musician, Song Writer, Recording Engineer
Music Style: Indie, Post Rock
Sound: Classic Telecaster tone. You know what you are looking for and getting into when you pick this up, and it delivers. I spent a few hours handling this guitar at the music store (the only left handed tele they hand) and was more then pleased with the sound. I play indie/rock music and love the tele for its clean clear tone and almost bell like ringy tones in the higher pitchs. Sure, as the price suggests this is not going to be quite on par with a tele in $1200 range, but for the bucks and us south paws, this is a good axe here. Feature: Nothing fancy. Just standard tele. The pickup selector really changes the dynamics of the tone, and that flexability is sweet. Ease of Use: Simple, solid. Quality: This is probably the only area where Id say the guitar falls a bit short. Pick up this guitar and look it over and well, you get in impression this is NOT a costly guitar. The neck feels great and the action was just right, but the rest of the tele feels cheap and breakable. The the jackplate was loose and falling apart on the model I played, which is a problem Ive always had with lower end guitars. Its still Fender, so its not terrible by any means, but you will know this is not a high end tele by just picking it up and looking it over. Value: Personally, I would say Fender should take about 75$ to $100 dollars off the price tag just because you CAN find much better quality guitars in this price range. But hey, it is Fender and it is a Telecaster, which remains one of my all time fave guitars, so in that regard us south paws will have to deal with it. :) Manufacturer Support: I have not had to deal with this, but again, its Fender so I would suspect world class support. The Wow Factor: The Telecaster is among the most recogniseable guitars in the world, so it has the classic factor going for it. But comparied to other higher end teles out there the sunburst I played didn't look impressive and is not really going to turn heads. The haven't seen the other finish options first hand, but yeah your getting great tone with a not a so so average look. Overall: Dispite the fact this is not the best Fender or the Telecaster name has to offer in terms of looks or quality, the classic and great sound remains intact and (at least for me) that is probably going to be enough to bring me to buy this in the next few days. This is THE tone. Its just too band there is not more varity of Telecasters out there for the left handed player.
13 of 17 people (76.47%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"LH Fender Telecaster - Own It" submitted April 16, 2012

By Trae Davis in Richland, WA
Overall
Musical Background: I am a Professional Musicians, I play Drums, Guitar, Bass, I have been playing Guitar for 13 years
Music Style: Metalcore, Hardcore, Jazz, Blues, Christian, Pop-Punk, Rock, Country
Overall: Never was I EVER a fan of the Telecaster.. But one day I tried one at a pawn shop and just the way it feels sold me on it.. Action is Great! I play this guitar in a Metalcore band in drop C tuning and it sounds great.. Very diverse and light.. I've played almost 100 shows with this guitar in the past 8 months and I have never had a major problem with it.. This guitar is my primary guitar and for the price its a mind blowing piece of equipment.

"Fender Left Handed Red Telecaster MIM" submitted December 8, 2013

By Diane P in Edmond, OK
Overall
Musical Background: Playin since I was 8, acoustic, electric, jammed with friends and playin at the bars with them, buying them new guitars zzounds!
Music Style: Classic Rock, Blues, and a lil' country
Overall: First of all, EVERYONE HAS to BUY FROM ZZounds.com. Wow, what a SUPER MUSIC COMPANY, SUPERB PRICES TOO!The Red Fender left handed Telecaster was delivered on time in perfect shape.Plugged it in, tuned it and it played sweet melodies, including Classic Rock, perfectly. A Fabulous Telecaster with a Super price! Thanks zzounds.com!!!3 guitars from zzounds and still counting to buy more!!!!,

When you call, mention priority code 20H-BZFL. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976