When you call, mention priority code 14YM-448K

Rating and Reviews: Standard Lefty Strat

With three single-coil pickups, a tinted neck, and Fender's '70s-style headstock logo, this lefty Stratocaster delivers classic style and tone.

Overall

"my first, and so far still the best!" submitted September 13, 2013

By Vic S in meriden, CT
Overall
Musical Background: 7 months of lessons plus 6 months prior noodling around. i'm a green beginner. just play "with my self" lol
Music Style: rock , blues, blues rock, metal'ish
Sound: it is a strat, don't let the origin of its birth or the price tag fool you. sound isn't an issue. Feature: I grabbed me the 3 tone sunburst which is perfect. not an issue I can find in workmanship. only thing maybe worth mentioning is the pots are not linear. I asked a friend whos an expert , I asked why doesn't the volume increase /decrease much till a certain point? he said fender uses two kinds of pots, linear and audio taper. one isn't better than the other and apparently fender changes them up now and then. that's hear say, but since it was explained to me I don't find any issue with it at all. oh the other non issue is the volume and tone knobs are numbered back wards.....I assume this is probably just a mistake on my particular strat but it is now one of those things that makes it "mine" ....you don't look at the numbers when adjusting anyways... Ease of Use: two tone knobs, a volume knob and a 5 way selector for pickup selection/combo makes adjusting to your specific sound a breeze. also easy to change from the full and deep neck sound to the bridge for solo/ crunchier/chimier sound a snap. the tremolo style bridge means you can adjust each string to your specific preference and find your scale/intonation in a few small adjustments on the fly almost.....bottom line very flexible.. Quality: I never owned an American, but aside from the American having better electronics and or hardware I don't see how it could be of that much higher quality. most would disagree probably but aside from the two post trem on the American as apposed to this ones 6 screw I don't think of anything i'd wish I had....and that's just because the sales pitch for the American includes words in it like "the more stable two post trem system..." I have no issue with what I have honestly. Value: I've heard it said that the standard strat is the best value ever in a guitar.... I tend to agree.i am totally happy ...no ecstatic with my mim 10 months later Manufacturer Support: ive dealt with fender techs over software issues and they were excellent in trying to help, I see no reason why fender wouldn't do the same with there bench mark guitar.. The Wow Factor: my 3 tone sunburst is a work of art that can make music which is a work of art......yeah theres a serious wow factor ....for me! I could not find a legitimate reason to give any rating less than 5 stars, in all categories.....for real! Overall: I bought this here at zzounds in late November 2012. I decided at 42 to learn guitar , and all the guitarist I love and worship seem to play a strat of some sort. I've since picked up some other used guitars in search of the most comfortable and the sound I like. a epi-paul 100, an Ibanez G10, and just recently a hagstrom Viking 2.none seem to keep me practicing more than my first love, my strat. let me break it down...the Ibanez a cheap 2nd hander is amazingly comfortable to fret and maneuver around the fret board. but its lacking in clearity and depth of sound the most. the epi-paul is the kind of middle of the road deal. the neck is silky like but not as much as the Ibanez, but sounds a bit better and is more versatile. last the Viking...shes pure beauty . but her fret board is almost flat which I thought i'd love but is taking time to get use to .shes a semi hollow body so sound isn't an issue (except for my lack of talent)....but then I pick my lil Mexican back up......and its night and day no matter which guitar I just put down..the strat just feels right, sounds right (even can growl well with my mustang 3 amp set right) these I assume are lower to mid range pickups in the fender line but no matter the clear almost bell like tone makes any thought of upgrading get put on the shelf....at least till I can really play...this is the middle of the road strat where I lump all squires a lil under and the American standard above. I know there are variations within each set but u get my meaning. being in the middle at around the $500 though a lil more expensive than other brands middle axes if your looking for the strat sound/tone you'll get it here!

When you call, mention priority code 14YM-448K. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976