When you call, mention priority code 1ZR-VCRS

Rating and Reviews: Fender PJ Mustang Bass

With its 30" scale, this Mustang Bass seems tailor-made for players of smaller-stature. The P and J Bass pickups create huge tones that defy the bass' size.

"Great Bass!" submitted October 7, 2016

Overall
Overall: Another great zZounds transaction. Out of the box my bass was set up next to perfect. Everything is straight and aligned properly. The finish on both the neck and body is without blemish. This is a great sounding and playing bass as well. The neck feels especially fast with the satin finish. Compared to my CIJ Mustang it's similar in feel but different in tonal capability. Overall Fender did a great job with cost vs quality on this model. If you're a serious player like me just trying to give your hands a rest, or at a beginner level who's willing to spend some extra cash on your first instrument, this bass is for you. I'll replace the pickups with USA models eventually but the set it comes with are more than fine for general use in any genre. If you're looking for a short-scale bass it doesn't get much better than this folks. Get one before Fender discontinues the Mustang Bass again for the fifth time.

"Awesome short scale bass" submitted October 12, 2016

By Clay K in Memphis, TN
Musical Background: touring pro
Music Style: Rock, country, indie
Overall: I bought my Mustang PJ Bass because it looked good and the video reviews seemed positive. When I took it out of the box I noticed that the fit and finish were perfect. The string height was set at the factory and was dead-on for the way I like my strings. I did have to spend a few minutes with my tuner setting the intonation, but other than that everything else on the bass was exactly right. The bass is well balanced and lighter weight than my other short scale basses. I've learned that a good indicator of sound and build quality is to balance a bass on your leg and pluck a string. If you feel the entire bass vibrate from headstock to endpin then it was built correctly and should sound good if the pickups do their job. There is a bit of single coil hum from the pickups, but that's just normal with any single coil system. I may eventually change the pickups out for some EMG Classics just to get rid of that hum, but for now I will just play it as is. The only other modification is that I am putting strap locks on this bass.Bottom line is that this is a good quality short scale bass at a good price point.

"Great bass, terrible set up from zzounds" submitted October 25, 2016

By Seth M
Overall
Manufacturer Support: Broken saddle that I've yet to hear back about. Overall: The bass plays nice and sounds great, but it came with a broken saddle piece for the E that I had to replace with a standard bass because I couldn't find one.

When you call, mention priority code 1ZR-VCRS. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976