When you call, mention priority code 143H-N0G3

Rating and Reviews: Fender Pawn Jaguarillo

Rock out with a classic Fender that never was. The Jaguarillo includes three versatile pickups and a floating tremolo arm.

"Sleeper Hit! Underrated goodness." submitted September 24, 2012

By Sean C in Scranton, PA
Overall
Musical Background: Another young, aspiring musician looking to express and create.
Music Style: Indie, Pop, Alt-Rock.
Sound: The Fender Pawn Shop Jag boasts a unique tone; It's strange pickup combination allows for a plethora of sounds that are all completely dependent on your playing style and sensitivity to the strings. It's the mood ring of guitar tones; sweet and whistling when delicately picked, but when you dig into the humbucker, she will weep. Feature: The tremolo setup easily brings up surf rock vibes; The neck is short and quick, Rosewood is almost a strange choice for this one seeing as it's probably the most "standard" feature on it; but it works well. Ease of Use: This guitar has the potential sing however you'd like it to; but that's completely reliant on your tolerance for the constant adjusting you'll need to do to get everything right. It'll take a good ear and a bit of pneumatic knob turning skills to make it sound the exact same each time; but this is something that you grow to love once you're exposed to it. It is not built for everyone by any means, but if you're a particularly iffy person about tone and having a bold sound that's new to those around you, then I say go for it; by all means. Quality: This is a beautiful guitar; made in Mexico, which; as far as i'm concerned is just as much a part of America as the United States. The people that run that factory put a great amount of care and pride in what they do; and this guitar is an amazing example of that. I personally say just start stamping Made In USA on these before people catch on that these guitars are just as wonderful. Value: Such a unique tone for such a modest price! I rave about this guitar to any other player I meet. Manufacturer Support: I've yet to call in a problem; but that's because Fender usually gets it right the first time with my luck. The Wow Factor: Overall, I look forward to growing with this guitar. It's my favorite to play and an adventurous piece of equipment to experiment with musically. Aesthetically pleasing and just plain sexy in every way, I couldn't be happier. Overall: If you're looking for a sound that can really clear up the vicious cycle of standard guitar tones, give it a shot. As someone who aims to make new sounding music instead of directly adapting classic styles; I personally find this guitar to be the voice of the post-modern guitar player.

"Versatile and unusual guitar" submitted May 5, 2014

By Jim M in San Francisco, CA
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing keyboards for fifty years and guitar for forty. I also play mandolin, dobro, harmonica and several others.
Music Style: Alt country, blues, rock, surf music, and anything twangy.
Overall: This is an interesting design, with two Strat pickup in the neck and middle position and a humbucker at the bridge. It is basically a Jaguar with some Strat features tacked on. Using the neck and middle pickups, you'll get some very Strat-y sounds, but you also have some other sounds that are unique to this guitar. It has the Jaguar tremolo system, which I happen to prefer, but that's a very personal choice. I know some people have trouble with the Adjust-o-matic bridge and string breakage, but (knock on wood) I haven't had any issues yet. It does seem to impart a certain chiminess across the strings. I'd definitely recommend a noise gate. I may eventually replace this with a Mastery Bridge at some point. Although some versions of this guitar come with a neck that only says "Fender" on the head, mine says "Fender Jaguar." The fretboard is rosewood and plays fine. I do have some intonation issue higher on the fretboard, but I've seen that on other Fenders as well and it's easy enough to control. I have to admit that when I first got it, I wasn't too happy with the sounds I was getting, but I think that was because I was thinking too much with Strats and Jaguars in mind instead taking this guitar on its own. Once settled in with it I was able to make it sounds like all kinds of instruments. This seems like a good choice for anyone who is looking for something that sounds a little different from anything else out there, and is capable of a wide variety of sounds. Maybe it's a function of my age, but I love the Fender offsets. I just think they are the coolest-looking guitars. One thing worth mentioning: Although I ordered the Sonic Blue, I received the Candy Apple Red. This was a mistake at the Fender plant (the box said Sonic Blue). Zzounds was very gracious and gave me a choice of returning it or taking a discount (I chose the latter). With this in mind, I'd say the one thing that might be an issue is the quality control. I mean, if the folks at the Mexican Fender plant aren't even bothering to pay attention to which box they stuff the guitars into, you have to wonder what else they neglected to pay attention to. in spite of this, I do actually love this guitar.

"great buy, great sound, great guitar" submitted April 1, 2014

By brian P in Virginia Beach, VA
Musical Background: 8 years of guitar
Music Style: pop punk, punk, rock
Overall: its perfect for any style of music, so many different sounds you can get and i only really use distortion. i love the faded sonic blue and it looks amazing

When you call, mention priority code 143H-N0G3. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976