When you call, mention priority code 14HD-C64P

Rating and Reviews: Chris Shiftlett Tele

Foo Fighters' Chris Shiftlett brings you his favorite '72 Telecaster Deluxe complete with custom high-output humbucking pickups and a 12" radius fingerboard.

"What a value" submitted March 10, 2014

By Jim S in Jim Thorpe, PA
Overall
Musical Background: 45 years professionally playing 100 plus gigs a year.
Music Style: Classic R&B,Soul Blues
Overall: I'm a real fan of the Telecaster but sometimes I am in need of more than what the single coil pick-ups have to offer. I thought about a Blacktop model with the dual humbuckers and then saw this model.At a price point of $699.00 with a hardshell case it grabbed my attention,then I looked further into it and really saw more of what I liked. I love the big headstock,white with perloid pick-guard and humbuckers. When I received the guitar and took it out of the case it was in need of a set-up as the action was high however after that the guitar played like butter. I can't say I own a gauge or anything like that after 45 years I simply set it to where I like it if it has a bit of a buzz well no big deal. The controls are classic of this model 2 tone and 2 volume controls along with a 3-way toggle for the pick-up selection. Remember when this model came out it was supposed to be Fender's answer to the Les Paul. The bullet truss rod I like a lot. The tone of this guitar is big, pick-ups are not just generic pick-ups but really good tone along with a nice degree of hot to them. Unless your one of those guys who rips pick-ups out of a guitar for no reason believe me these pick-ups are beyond good. The tone of the neck pick-up is nice and clean but with some heat the bridge pick-up is as expected a cranking distorted model. The nice part about this guitar is it is really versatile. It would be good for country,blues,R&B, soul and of course your classic rock and even grunge stuff. Best Part I love that it is a signature model from Chris Shiflett signed on the headstock and hardshell case At $699.00 with case this may be one of the best values out there today.

"Outstanding value for an outstanding guitar" submitted May 23, 2014

By Mark S in New Orleans, LA
Musical Background: 30 + years, guitar/bass/keyboards/mandolin/ukulele
Music Style: Banyuwangian jazz-electro-country-spacerock
Overall: I am not a big Foo Fighters fan, but when I saw this I was curious. I was particularly intrigued by the 12" radius neck and the standard size humbuckers on a 25.5 scale guitar. I liked the rosewood fingerboard. The 70s style headstock was a plus; I grew up in the 1970s. The looks, well, it was over the top in a good way. I considered a lot of different guitars along the way but in the end I chose this one. I had a Tele Deluxe in the 1980s which I rather foolishly traded away back then, and that had something to do with my decision as well. I have to say the Chris Shiflett Tele Deluxe was a lot more than I bargained for. On opening the case, it jumps out at you visually against the black background. Pictures can't do it justice. It is a very pretty guitar, even a little ostentatious, but in a strangely elegant way. It has to be seen to be appreciated. Sonically it is flawless. I remember the 70s Tele Deluxe that I owned was a great guitar but the pickups were a bit weak. The CS Tele Deluxe definitely has the goods in that department, and then some. It's a toneful guitar but if you push it, it'll roar. If you back down, it sounds good in less intense situations as well. Neck pickup is exceptionally smooth. Bridge pickup is bitey in a good way without being shrill. The guitar is not lightweight, between 7 and 8 pounds, but it's not brutally Les Paul heavy either. With a good strap, no problems. The guitar came out of the case in great shape. I had to tweak the truss rod to even out the action, but that was it. With a new set of strings on it, the CS Tele ran like a hot rod. I have no complaints whatsoever, at all, about this guitar, and that is rare. I've been playing for more than 30 years and I have gone through a lot of guitars, and this is one of the best off-the-shelf guitars I have encountered. It's a keeper. Pro tip: Try out your Pete Townshend and David Gilmour licks on this one, you will be surprised. Overall this is one of the best deals on a guitar you can find right now, regardless of whether the name Chris Shiflett means anything to you or not. Good job Fender!

"Great guitar! Great value!" submitted April 5, 2014

By Tom R in Fort Collins, CO
Overall
Musical Background: Hobbyist player, mostly at home and jamming with friends.
Music Style: Hard rock, blues
Overall: This a great guitar. I love Telecasters but wanted something with a little more power. Great tone with enough drive for hard rock but good clean sounds. Comes with a nice hard case. Perfect for Foo Fighters style. Well made but seems lighter than a lot of Teles I've played.

"Chris Shiftlett Tele" submitted May 15, 2014

By Pat Pam in NY, NY
Overall
Overall: Awesome right out the box, setup perfectly. Great case to go with a great guitar.

"Chris Shiftlett Tele" submitted May 15, 2014

By Pathomsit Pamornsut in NY, NY
Overall

When you call, mention priority code 14HD-C64P. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976