When you call, mention priority code 161D-QZY0

Rating and Reviews: Fender Player Jaguar

Get your hands on the redesigned Jag. This updated model features an improved Adjusto-Matic bridge with a floating tremolo and two hot Jaguar single-coils.

"My Favorite Guitar" submitted April 26, 2013

By Tucker Farris in Aspen, CO
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing for 10 years, my instruments are listed in the review, I mostly play at home.
Music Style: Mostly classic rock and some blues
Sound: This guitar has the most amazing sound you could imagine. When Leo Fender made the jaguar he made it as the top-of-the-line Fender, the end all be all of their catalog. It was destined to replace the strat as their top guitar. And frankly, playing mine I don't understand how the Jag didn't take the world by storm (probably because Hendrix was playing a strat right around the time these babies came out). But the classic player jag sounds like the top of the line fender. It has a uniquely jaguar, uniquely Fender tone and sound that is perfect for anything I can throw at it. I am in love with the sound of this guitar, there is just so much you can do with it. You can do country, rock, jazz, punk, blues and everything in between. Which I think is what Leo had in mind, a guitar that sounded so good in everything so that you can use it for anything. The sound for me gets 5 stars. It is also important to note that these were meant to be played with heavier gauge strings. When I changed from the stock size 9 strings to D'Addario flat-wound 11's the sound improved tenfold. Feature: The best features of this guitar are the pickups, they take fender sound and multiply by 100 on the good sound-o-meter. They can bite, they can jangle and they can purr. The switches I've had no problems with, they work well and the circuitry is flawless. The tremolo is a little odd in that I've never had one like the Jag trem. It works well and I bought some little springs from fender to keep the trem arm in one spot without tightening the thing to death. The machines are a little different as well if you're not used to the open post (or whatever the technical name is) style of machines, but a quick youtube search will have you strung up in no time. The included gig bag is also nice, but I'll probably get a good tweed case from Fender soon, but the gig bag is just fine if you don't want to do that, I just pamper my guitars some. The 24" scale also makes for one extremely comfortable playing experience. The one feature I do not like is that the finish ont he back of the neck is a gloss finish. Since my hands sweat when I'm playing a little the finish kind of grabs my palm which gets quite annoying. I plan to remedy this with a little sand paper soon. Overall though, this guitar is spectacular, I just wish it had a mute on it like the old ones, but that's no big deal. Ease of Use: This guitar is perfectly easy to use. It would be a good beginner guitar as it is slightly shorter in scale and comfy (just remember to master the switches). Overall I've had no trouble in producing the best quality sound from this guitar. the only thing is that the switches may confuse people. On my Sheraton it's simple, switch to the back for the bridge pickup, the middle position for both and the front for the neck. For the Jag, you have two separate circuits, the rhythm and the lead. then you have on/off switches for all the pickups on the lead circuit in addition to a filter for both pickups on the lead circuit there is also a standard volume and tone knob for the lead. Flick the rhythm switch and you get only the neck pickup with a slightly darker filter and a rolling knob for both volume and tone. Apart from that playing this guitar is easier breathing. Quality: At first I was skeptical about buying a MIM Fender. All that disappeared when I actually got it. The finish is perfect (I got the sunburst and it is beautiful), the setup is great and the chrome is oh so sexy (a thing we guitar players tend to enjoy). There is a spot on my rosewood fingerboard though, that is not finished properly and it looks very orange as apposed to the dark red of the rest of the board. However, this flaw only adds to the beauty of the guitar because it follows the grain perfectly. Nonetheless it is a factory error, but fortunately it was as Bob Ross said a "happy accident." So, quality 5 stars. Value: Yes, I feel like it should be more expensive because it is top shelf Fender quality. $800.00 is an extremely affordable price for this beautiful creature. It feels like an america made model but for half the cost. Manufacturer Support: Haven't had to deal with them. The Wow Factor: You don't normally see a jaguar for one. And you don't normally see a guitar with the same amount of chrome as a Dodge Challenger either. Bottom line these things are different. Which is their wow factor. The mainstream popular guitars of the day (Les Pauls, Tele's, Strats and so on) while being great guitars are just so common. When you pull out a jaguar people first think oh, it's a strat. Then at second glance they're like "wow." That's why I love this guitar. If you're sitting at your computer now wondering if you should buy it, YES you should! I waited for about 3 months before I pulled the trigger and I have found my new favorite. Buy this guitar and experience something new. Overall: First, here's my lineup: Epiphone Hummingbird Epiphone Sheraton II 1964 Hofner Club Guitar Epiphone EJ-160E Acoustic/Electric John Lennon Signature Model Seagull 12 String Acoustic Fender Frontman 65r Amp Vox VT30 Amp And my newest addition: The Classic Player Jaguar from Fender. (Sunburst single coil model) This guitar is my new favorite. I have always lusted after jaguars I am drawn to their uniqueness amongst guitars. Nowadays you see the big three, the tele, the strat and the les paul. The jaguar is just one of those guitars that makes heads turn and faces melt if used correctly. Before I bought this gem I was told by several people to not purchase it because it was only good for surf music. This is complete and utter BS, this guitar has some of the best stock pickups I've ever encountered. The hot jaguar pickups which are apparently exclusive to the Classic Player model are just spectacular to say the least. I play a classic rock stye (from the Beatles to CCR to AC/DC) with some blues here and there, and this guitar can go from Twist and Shout to Up Around the Bend to Hell's Bell's and back again. Of course it sounds good for surfy stuff (I cranked the reverb and got "Good Vibrations" Instantly. Overall the Jag is one of the most versatile instruments I have ever owned. it is quickly sneaking its way to the top of my arsenal of stringed instruments. The different circuits make for a really versatile instrument, with the rhythm circuit which is only the neck pickup you get a warm blues/jazz tone that just melts like butter through my Fender 65R. On the lead circuit you can get a host of other guitar sounds with the flip of a switch or two. With just the bridge and the filter turned on you almost have a tele, with both and the filter you get almost a strat and without the filter you have a Jag. Understand though, that this guitar has its own sounds, completely apart from any other instrument, but you can achieve a tele or start like tone. As for the switches, I have a vintage Hofner so I am used to the switching style (to an extent) so this was not a problem for me, but some people may struggle. Really though, after five minutes of noodling with the controls your golden. This guitar overall has been one of the best purchases of my life, it sounds amazing, plays like a dream and it doesn't leave you 3 grand in debt.

"Top bang for your hard earned dollar, it's another piece of perfection ! Thanks Fender !" submitted January 11, 2009

By a customer from we.rr.com
Music Style: Old clean country, rock-a-billy, older pop
Sound: Neither tele or strat sounds but it's own unique sound and that's the way Leo planned these Jaguars. Compatible with pretty much any clean type music in my opinion, my music is clean older country, rock-a-billy, etc. I use my Flextone III 212 amp and it compliments my Jags, they both shine. Guitar has a few sounds, some may be useful to other players. My sound is both bottom single coils with lean sound switched on. Definitely Fender and it'll cut thru the mixes. Feature: Made in Mexico and I was really pleased with it's workmanship, appearance and hardware fit. Frets and neck are perfect, rosewood board wasn't finished the best, candy apple red finish is perfect. I locked out the trem and use it as a hardtail. All hardware seems top grade, everything is pretty decent for the price considering the more expensive USA model. I also ordered a Fender top of the line Jag case for it and was sorely disappointed in it's quality. Very, very cheap case for the money. Ease of Use: This Jag either has your sound or it doesn't, it isn't very versatile, no learning curve. No manual comes with it either. It doesn't take long to find your sound. Short 24 inch neck scale is extremely comfy to play and wear. Quality: Very well made, I was really pleased as I ordered mine sight unseen back in September and took delivery in late December. This is 2nd batch of Jags made in Mexico. I have a MIJ Fender Jag H/H Black/Chrome and it is a piece of perfection. This Jag H/H being such a great guitar prompted me to order this CAR Jag. Yes, I was worried but all turned out OK. Value: It is well worth the money I paid for it ! I owned a USA Jag back in the 60's and it had many problems like string and saddle rattle, strings jumped off bridge, trem always out of tune, hard to intone to name a few. Manufacturer Support: Safest bet is to buy thru a honest dealer and let the dealer replace any bad parts, etc., from Fender. Never had any problems doing this for many years. The Wow Factor: Both this MIM Jag and my MIJ Jag are tops in appeal, both are perfect so hats off to Fender. It seems like the foreign made guitars can stand on their own -vs- the USA models. Overall: I plan on playing my two Jags for many years, both has the sounds and looks that I like. I especially like the MIM medium jumbo frets over the narrow vintage frets on USA Jag models. It stays in tune, I really couldn't ask for a better guitar. The USA Jag case can use better padding and be of better quality, so be warned. It's hard to find a good hardshell case to fit a 14 1/2" wide Jag lower bout.

"Sweet Lil' Mexican Rose" submitted September 5, 2012

By Greg Spangler in Holtwood, PA
Musical Background: Trailer Park Country, Rock n Blues
Music Style: Country, Classic Rock, Blues
Overall: Just purchased this Fender Classic Players Jaguar Special & it's everything I expected and more! Flawless finish, great action and good tone. I really don't know why so many guys don't like Fenders from Mexico. Granted they're not Custom Shop models but as I actually lived through the 1970s, they're every bit as good as US production was then and I now own 4 Mexi Fenders and not a one of them has ever let me down! Also really like the 8 month Pay-As-You-Go exclusively from zZounds... You guys really rock and I wouldn't have bought another guitar last month were it not for your flexible payments.

"Fender Jag reissue" submitted April 19, 2012

By Tony Medlin in Baton Rouge, LA
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing since I was about eight or nine. I play guitar but I fool around with anything with strings. I play at home.
Music Style: Blues, country-blues, country-rock, bluegrass, folk, country, a bit of jazz
Overall: I can't get over the sweetness of tone available from the Jag. Maybe someday I'll be able to get off that sound and use it's twang but I just keep playing it straight up with a touch of reverb through my old Silvertone. It is an amazing instrument and I understand why Joe Pass played one early on.

"FENDER JAGUAR" submitted August 8, 2008

Music Style: Rock, Indie, Grunge, Hard Rock
Sound: It has some pretty great variety once you figure out the controlls. I haven't owned many guitars, but ive played great vintage ones. This one sounds pretty good. itll do the job. Feature: A LOT of switches and crap. But its pretty great. Ease of Use: Still havent figured it all out, and i got it about a week ago. But its somewhat easy to use. Quality: The quality is awesome. Nothing shaking around or anything loose. Value: Its okay. The thing is, its pretty expensive for a mexican. It should be american for 800, but whatever. Im sometimes ambarrased to show greater guitar players cuz its mexican, but there are REALLY great mexicans out there. Every guitar is different Manufacturer Support: Zzounds rocks my socks. The Wow Factor: One of the main reasons i got the jaguar, (sunburst) was cuz it looks FRIGGIN AWESOME. Everybody uses a strat or les paul, (theyre nice too) but the jaguar is just soooo sexy. the shape, and the color. Its a work of art. Good job leo Overall: Great guitar itself. Pretty well for staying in tune which i was concerned about. I owned a Jag-Stang before this, and that thing SUCKED. But this stays in better tune. the only thing, is that its kinda heavy. thats all though. Just grow some muscle

When you call, mention priority code 161D-QZY0. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976