When you call, mention priority code 172M-RHVV

Rating and Reviews: Fender Player Jazzmaster

The Fender Classic Player Jazzmaster Special offers the classic Jazzmaster tone. With a C-shape neck, the Classic Player Jazzmaster Special feels great too.

"Jazzmaster for the masses" submitted July 22, 2009

By a customer from qpe.info
Musical Background: Professional Musician
Music Style: Electronica, Rock, Alternative
Sound: This is a great sounding guitar. The pick-ups are hotter than the vintage Jazzmaster but it makes sense to do so on a modern update. Ease of Use: Pretty simple to use. Some people might not be use to the second lead circuit which has its own volume and tone controls. But once you get your head around that it is pretty much straight forward. Quality: This guitar is solid. It is a Mexican made. A lot of people have misgivings about that. But I have not seen a flaw-- and I bought one that was discounted as blemished. Go figure. Value: I paid less than they sell for now. At the price I bought I'd give it a 10 but at the current price I am hard pressed to do so. The Wow Factor: I dreamed of a Jazzmaster since I was a kid. Now it is affordable.
31 of 32 people (96.88%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Classic Jazzmaster" submitted July 8, 2012

Music Style: Folk rock
Overall: Very impressed with the quality "out of the box". Guitar arrived set up perfectly and wasn't missing anything. I have played custom shop, vintage, and American series Jazzmasters but this things hangs with them and then some. I'm usually obsessive about tweaking my guitars to get a little more out of them but I can't really improve on this besides possibly throwing a stronger bridge pup in.

"American Quality at an Affordable Price" submitted September 18, 2012

Overall
Musical Background: 15 years playing guitar. Touring/Session multi-instrumentalist and composer.
Music Style: 90's alternative/shoegaze & emo, indie, post-rock, classic rock
Sound: The pickups are hotter than the American version, and this is something I prefer. Compared to the original Jazzmaster, it sounds better in my opinion. Feature: Jazzmasters and Jaguars are known for their tone options, and this is no step down from the American version. The only problem is that the Mexican version has a threaded socket and tip on the tremolo arm (as opposed to the magnetic socket on the American version.) It's very easy to replace this, and I'm actually upgrading my socket and arm to a specially designed set that has a nylon sleeve and locking mechanism that allows the arm to move smoothly but stay in place when I let go. Ease of Use: For those who aren't familiar with the jazzmaster's additional tone controls, it may take a minute to figure it out but it's not a hassle. Quality: I've owned an American Jaguar and this thing is just as solid. Value: This is the best guitar on the market, in my opinion. Manufacturer Support: I've owned many Fender products and have never needed to contact them. The Wow Factor: I'm a fan of guitars with offset bodies in general, but nothing compares to the Jazzmaster. Over the past few years I've mainly been using Les Pauls and semi-hollow guitars, and while they were adequate, they never compared to the Jazzmaster. Overall: I've played all different types of guitars and nothing compares to the Jazzmaster. I've owned an American Jaguar and I'm truthfully more impressed with this Mexi Jazzmaster.

"Aesthetically beautiful, well-made, great-sounding, and now affordable! 100% worth your money." submitted May 26, 2011

Musical Background: Professional Musician
Music Style: Rock, surf, pop, shoegaze, surfabilly, americana
Sound: Sounds fantastic - I a-b compared it to an original 1964 Jazzmaster and the sound was right on. Feature: Great tone options, pickup selection options, tremolo mechanism works great - stays in tune! As is most new guitars' custom, it has a plastic nut though - you'll want to upgrade to graphite or bone to ensure consistent intonation and smooth tremolo arm performance. Ease of Use: The unusual additional Fender switches and volume/tone controls on this make sense in 30 seconds! Quality: I was amazed at the quality of the construction, finish, and hardware. High quality all around - even better than I expected! Mexican-made does not matter - this is a beautiful and well-made instrument. Value: Finally, the legendary guitar is affordable!!! The Wow Factor: Aesthetically gorgeous, wide variety of tones and sound combinations. Overall: I've wanted a Jazzmaster for 12 years, and it was 100% worth the wait. It will be the guitar I use 80+% of the time and possibly the last guitar I ever buy.
15 of 17 people (88.24%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Fender Jazzmaster Guitar" submitted May 9, 2012

By Roy Hughes in West Monroe, LA
Overall
Musical Background: I have been playing gospel and country music for 56 years; I also play an Emmons Steel Guitar and we play at home and at Church.
Music Style: Country & Christian
Overall: In 1966 I bought a brand new made in USA Fender Jazzmaster and sold it about 8 years ago....and always regretted selling it. Recently I purchase a new Fender Jazzmaster MIM. I am 69 years old and I have been playing the guitar since I was 13...to me there are only kinds of guitars....Fender Jazzmaster and the rest of them! I have owned a Gibson Les Paul, a Gretch Tennessean, and a Fender Stratocaster. The only suggestion that I can make about my Jazzmaster is that you purchase a Buzz-Stop from ALLPARTS in Houston...it works great on the Jazzmaster!

When you call, mention priority code 172M-RHVV. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976