When you call, mention priority code 209-SP3M

Rating and Reviews: Fender Dave Murray Strat

This recreation of Dave Murray's go-to Strat boasts three single-coil-sized humbuckers with roaring tone worthy of Iron Maiden's legendary guitarist.

Overall

"5 Stars: Versatile and great build quality, comfort." submitted October 30, 2015

By Chuck Wallace in La Porte (Houston), TX
Musical Background: Forever! Guitar Professionally
Music Style: Rock, Classic Rock, Hard Rock, Metal, 80's Metal, Blues
Sound: Hot sounds for all you Metal heads! These pickups deliver! The Mid Pickup has been setup to be Milder for clean work. You can get the others to clean up, but they like full power Feature: The Floyd setup is great and works well. They send you all the tools that you need to get this setup to your preference. Ease of Use: This guitar just does what it does, sounds are easy to dial in. The tone knobs seem to have a greater range of tones that most I have used. (it could be the Duncan's) if you are familiar with a Strat this will just come to you. Most people buying this guitar will have owned a few. Quality: First rate I have custom shop guitars and this one is right there along with them for fit and finish. It looks simple and elegant. The details are very well looked after. the quality control must be very high. Value: a grand for quality and versatility this guitar affords makes this a great guitar for anyone's money. It has everything you want and nothing you don't. Manufacturer Support: This has not been applicable thus far The Wow Factor: I still just look at it. I have been sending my fellow guitar players photos all morning! Everyone has something to say about this guitar and it is all good. Most popular comment: Man that looks so nice. Most popular question: Is she your favorite? My answer is she is getting a lot of use and as soon as I can do so, a twin sister! That is right I will buy another, this guitar is that bad^$$! Overall: I had been wanting this guitar for a while and even cancelled my order after a few pushed (Delayed) dates from Fender. I saw it was available and immediately ordered the guitar (pay as you play and free shipping). It arrived via Fed X and I took my time getting all of the stuff organized they send you. There is a lot of stuff, a complete set of wrenches, some hang tags and the Tremolo bar for the Floyd Rose. They send a decent Gig Bag too. I took the guitar out tuned it and played it for a bit, it sounds great and has a decent amount of tones. I did have to adjust my amp as this guitar does have some hotter pickups (bridge and neck) the middle is very clean. My band plays in E flat, this makes a changing the guitar to accommodate for this tuning mandatory. I made all the adjustments and it responded well. I was against the clock as I wanted to “debut” this guitar for practice the same day as the delivery. I show up and everyone there just stares and says how nice it looks! I graciously accept all comments and setup getting ready to play. The singer says “Since you got yourself a new guitar what you want to play to warm up…?” I start playing the Iron Maiden “The Trooper” everyone joins in and off we go. When the lead comes I just nail it, execution, tone and attitude, this guitar delivers. Everything you need; comfort, great tones, and balance. There is a reason that he has played this guitar for so long. You can too! By the way I plan to buy another so that should there be a string break, I can finish my set/show with the same guitar (model and feel). CJWII

"Channeling Dave Murray" submitted September 14, 2015

By Jason S in Mayfield Village, OH
Overall
Musical Background: 30 years, guitar and bass.
Music Style: Mostly everything. Progressive rock would be my main area of concentration.
Overall: This guitar has it all. The compound radius finger board is amazing and extremely easy to use; bends high on the neck are a breeze, so much so that it took a little time to adjust from using my American Standards. The pickups instantly give you that signature sound. That said, you can still tell that Fender cut a few corners to bring you this guitar at this very reasonable price. The rosewood on the fingerboard isn't high quality, so expect a myriad of color tones up and down the neck. The instrument seems somewhat lighter than an American Standard, though its no bother. You really wind up missing the 22nd fret, though I think Murray's own only has 21 as well. If you're new to Floyd Rose, it can take some getting used to. I changed the strings right away; the strings on the instrument blackened my fingers after a couple minutes of play. With the help of a YouTube video, I managed in about half an hour. Make sure you read FR's website on how to change strings properly, get a good video, and you should be fine. Overall, an outstanding instrument.

"Dave Murray Signature California Stratocaster" submitted March 30, 2016

By Paul K in Eustis, FL
Musical Background: guitars for 20+ years, collector and player
Music Style: Rock, metal, blues, classical
Overall: First off, packaged excellent by Fender and ZZounds who I have only done businesses with because of the excellent payment plans and 45 day trial period, it cannot be beaten anywhere unless your into stealing guitars from your local music store..ha,ha! Pickups are insane, 2 hotrails and a JB mini which has actually surprised me. Tons of tone, Iron Maiden sounds, shiny strat tones, basically everything! Paint job is awesome because apparently in America you have to pay extra....Alder body,Nice protective gig bag, a Floyd Rose trem not a special, it's not recessed but makes no difference! If your lucky to own the black model from years back, this actually gets more sounds because of the pickup's. The price is excellent and it has Dave's autograph on the back head stock. This is a keeper! And Zzounds payment plan, 80+ a month for a guitar under a 1,000 which should be much more! Winner!!!!!

"Dave Murray Strat" submitted February 27, 2016

By Steve R in macon, GA
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing guitar for around 30 years not professionally record and jam alot.
Music Style: Christian rock,southern rock,blues,country.
Overall: This guitar is really nice! I was sort of hesitant about it at first thinking maybe it was a one trick pony.that is not the case.the clean tones sound as good as the distortion tones very versital guitar that can do it all. neck pickup is great for lead work or on clean setting with volume down a bit .real floyd rose term works flawlessly .bridge pickup rocks and the middle pickup is a nice change of pace. 2nd and 4th positions are useable also. can't go wrong with this guitar. Also compound radiused neck is great for leads and chording.I did change the strings right off the bat.3min of playing time and my finger tips were black no big deal just put some good strings on and it's ready to soar!

"Best Signature Strat I have ever bought." submitted June 8, 2016

By Rickey Walker in Cotton Valley, LA
Musical Background: forty three years
Music Style: Metal,classic rock,and christian
Overall: Short and sweet but to the point.Great looks,feel,and sound.Makes you feel like Dave has entered your body and is playing through you.Just kidding.Really like everything about it,except change out strings.Like it better than the SRV I bought several years ago.Highly recommend

"Best guitar money can buy!" submitted July 8, 2016

By Mitch Bydalek in Columbus, NE
Musical Background: 15 year musician. Guitar drums and bass
Music Style: Little bit of everything
Overall: This guitar is amazing! I had to double check where the guitar was made because it feels like an American strat. Then you add the dimarzio pickups and Floyd rose and you're in heaven! This guitar is worth every penny and you won't be disappointed!

When you call, mention priority code 209-SP3M. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976