When you call, mention priority code 207-0YCX

Rating and Reviews: 60th Anniversary Strat

Decked out in a Desert Sand gloss finish and gold hardware on an alder body, this Classic Player '50s model commemorates 60 years of the Fender Stratocaster.

""Fender 60th Aniversary Stratocaster"" submitted January 7, 2015

By Dave H in Raleigh, NC
Overall
Musical Background: Started on a Telecaster in the sixties.
Music Style: Classic rock, blues.
Overall: When you first open the case, this Desert Sand color scheme shines like sunlight from within, and that's just the start. The heft and fit is perfect, and is a joy just to hold. Then, just plug it in and let 'er rip! The controls are firm and accurate, no slop, and the tailpiece is responsive to the slightest touch. Then, when you catch your breath, check out the detail of craftsmanship in this piece, from the body paint finish to the tuning pegs, to the pick guard and frets, then look down the strings and look at that action. All this is finished off with the commemorative 60th anniversary plaque at the neck connection, and the medallion on the back, and this quitar is beautiful. zZounds had this in my hands in 3 days, their service is excellent and this won't be my last purchase! Thanks to Fender and zZounds.

"Awesome Awesome Strat!!!!" submitted October 19, 2014

By jeremy s in gallatin, TN
Overall
Musical Background: 28 years playing. Home recording and songwriting. Occasional gig. Weekly jam sessions.
Music Style: Blues. Rock. Country. Christian
Overall: I own 7 strats so I guess im a stratocaster fan. Fender has nailed it on this 60th anniversary 50's players strat. Straight out of the box it had awesome low buzz-free action and perfect intonation! It outplays every strat I own which includes MIM models all the way to Custom Shop USA strats. ZZOUNDS had this at my door in perfect condition in 2 and a half days. They are my source for all my musical needs!!!!! Thanks Fender and Thanks ZZounds!!!

"A Dream Come True" submitted June 23, 2015

By Christopher M in Upstate, NY
Overall
Musical Background: A lifetime of playing, intermediate guitar luther, lover of all instruments.
Music Style: Anything from blues to classic, 80's pop to modern, reggae to spiritual, I like to diversify
Overall: For years I've only dreamt of a fender classic 50's stratocaster. After doing much research and shopping around, I settled on zZsounds and I'm glad I did. They not only had the perfect payment plan that fit my budget, but the shipping was practically overnight being that I live In NY. I'll admit I lucked out with this one. Being able to find the 60th Anniversary model a year late felt more of pure luck but upon holding the guitar everything fell into place. The guitar comes in its own tweed locking hard case with all the bells and whistles, tags and accessories you would expect from Fender, with the addition of a few commemorative items as well such as a stunning booklet of the history of the stratocaster. The guitar itself follows the line of the Classic 50's quality, masterbuilt with American parts in Mexico, this MIM plays just as well as a MIA and the attention to detail is phenomenal. No imperfections in sight. Of course because of climate changes and my preference in tremolo, the guitar needed slight adjustments to truss, bridge and saddles, but that was to be expected. Upon further inspection, underneath the pick guard I was pleasantly surprised to see a solid solder connection between pots and pickups, something I'm used to having to fix. Be aware that although these pickups are American Vintage staggered, the middle pickup is not reverse wound so your 2nd and 4th positions will have a small, subtle hum. And because of the nature of the vintage pickups, you will find that they are stock adjusted higher than modern, this is normal and does not give off a terribly loud cycle hum because of the insulation. Also be aware that the 50's strat truss rod adjustment is located at the base of the neck, requiring you to remove the neck with strings attached then replace to find the desired curvature you're looking for. It was new for me, but really not as big of a deal as I first realized. Look forward to the gold hardware, super rare limited run paint color, locking tuners and the freakin tone you get from this thing, that is, if you can get your hands on it anymore. I can't say enough good things about the versatility of this strat. It truly is a dream for me, and looks the part too.

"Fender 60th Aniversary Stratocaster" submitted October 5, 2014

By Ricky L S in Parkersburg, WV
Musical Background: Beginner, taking lessons. Guitar
Music Style: Classic country and 70's rock.
Overall: Awesome looking, well made Strat. Great fifties look with the outstanding color combo. zZounds is a great company to deal with.

"60th Anniversary Classic Player Strat" submitted May 16, 2015

By Carlos Maldonado in Coatesville, PA
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing music since the age of 7, Piano, Flute, Guitar and Drums.
Music Style: Many, Professional Dance Instructor/Studio owner.
Overall: This is my first Fender guitar, it is a sweet instrument. The balance, the action and the sound is really great. For the price and quality, you can't beat it.

"Beautiful, Great Sounding Guitar" submitted March 30, 2015

By Will R in Chicago, IL
Overall
Musical Background: Playing for 3 years. Self taught beginner.
Music Style: Blues, Rock, Hip-hop,
Overall: This is easily the best guitar that I own. It looks amazing, the pictures do it no justice. Its lightweight and extremely comfortable to play. I'm a self taught beginner, so playing is just a hobby for me. I play blues and classic rock, and this guitar is perfect. Match it up with a tweed hot rod deluxe and you're in heaven as far as looks and sound.

"Awesome" submitted June 5, 2014

By Cimmay R in Seattle, WA
Overall
Musical Background: Doing lessons.
Music Style: Too old to be a fan of anything.
Overall: Nice Stratocaster, waited 3 years for the anniversary edition after getting the 60th Telecaster. This one is easier to hold and play, but I'd say the Telecaster sounds better, wider range of tones.

When you call, mention priority code 207-0YCX. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976
Shop with those who respect your privacy — we do. Copyright © 1996-2015, zZounds Music, LLC. Terms of use apply.