When you call, mention priority code 1586-3V2W

Rating and Reviews: Fender CP Jazzmaster

Get legendary Jazzmaster tone and playability with Fender's Special Design Hot Single-Coil Jazzmaster pickups and unique Lead and Rhythm circuits.

"Great jazzmaster for the price " submitted January 24, 2014

By Nathan Pitts in Pensacola, FL
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing guitar for 12 years, drums for 8. Produce electronic music. Play in a few bands/projects and record music.
Music Style: I play experimental noisy progressive stuff with a lot of loop pedals and my electric drum kit. I make beats with a kp3 and keyb
Sound: The sound is definitely that signature jazzmaster jangle, but the hotter pickups do very well if you want to play more aggressive music. I would recommend this model to anyone who wants a jazzmaster with a bite. The neck pup still offers that creamy delicious jazzmaster sound, but the bridge pickup screams (especially with a fuzz pedal). Feature: I have a love/hate with the modifications Fender has done with the classic player series. Everyone complains about the traditional jazzmaster bridge, but I have kind of grown fond of it on my VM jazzmaster. The adjusto-matic bridge in the CP is great, but it does not have the same feel as a normal jazzy bridge. I do like the hotter pickups for a change. I also like the amazing frets this things has on it. Real solid neck. I do wish they hadn't moved the trem piece up. It doesn't seem like a big deal, but it takes a bit of the string tension off and makes the guitar feel less like a jazzmaster and more like a normal fender of some sort. I adjusted the action a bit higher so it kind of corrected this tension problem. The tremolo does work very well though. The guitar feels very solid and very well made. I've always liked Mexican fenders. Ease of Use: It's easy to dial in a good clean tone or a good dirty tone with this guitar. I even use it with my metal distortion and it sounds amazing. My other jazzmaster does not do well with a metal distortion. There is a learning curve when owning a jazzmaster. These guitars have their own character and feel. They also have their own little idiosyncrasies so they take some getting used to. Once you get one though, you won't put it down. Quality: The finish, hardware, neck, and everything in between on this guitar is built very well. I'm sure with proper maintenance it will last past my lifetime. Value: If you want a good traditional jazzmaster, get the Squier VM jazzy. At $300 you cannot beat it. It is a real steal and plays just as well as any other jazzmaster. But if you want a Fender Jazzmaster and you don't mind the modern "upgrades", get the classic player (especially in pink). It looks great, is very well made, and the sound is tremendous. I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for an edgier sounding jazzmaster. Manufacturer Support: Fender is always supportive but just like any big corporation, you will have to wait on hold for a while. They stand behind their products though. The Wow Factor: The look and feel of a jazzmaster is priceless. Even with the changes they have made, I'm very happy to own this jazzmaster. Overall: I love Jazzmasters. They have always caught my eye and once I finally got my hands on one I had to buy one. I started out with the Squier Vintage modified Jazzmaster. After having it or a few months I had to have an actual fender, so I found this classic player jazzmaster to be exactly what I was wanting. Once I saw the pink finish, I had to have it.

"Don't Hesitate" submitted December 29, 2013

By Thom P in Kingston, PA
Musical Background: Guitar for 50 years
Music Style: Rock, Blues
Overall: It was the pink that caught my eye. Yep. I wanted something with slightly bigger frets than a STRAT> I just liked the idea and look of this baby. I own a Les Paul, and Gretsch hollow body, as well as a Gretsch solid body plus a Dean ML. Every one of them has something about it that draws me back to it. But by FAR, my favorite is my PINK JAZZMASTER. The tones, the sounds, the playability. I play it mostly through my Fender Bluesmaster reissue 40 watt tube amp with one 12" special design speaker. Maybe it's the compatibility that makes the sound, but honestly I have a LINE 6 SPIDER IV, ans a few other assorted practice amps and it is amazing through them as well. GREAT value for the price. Grab one before FENDER figures that out. Made in Mexico holding you back? Shouldn't, they really have great pride in their craftsmanship and it really shows here.

"Fender Jazzmaster Classic Player - Shell Pink" submitted April 28, 2014

By P Michael in Boston, MA
Overall
Musical Background: a long time on the guitar
Music Style: rock and blues
Overall: This is a different sounding guitar than my other Fenders. I have a Strat and a Tele and both are based on 60's models. They sound (to my ears) exactly the way you would think a Strat and a Telecaster should. The Jazzmaster has its own unique sound. Definitely a more warmer mellow tone but with bite, too. I really like how you can flip from a preset rhythm circuit tone and volume control into the traditional neck/bridge volume controls. My favorite sounds come from both the neck and bridge pickups engaged together -- nice, round bell tones. Another thing is that this guitar is HEAVY -- much heavier than the Strat and significantly heavier than my Tele. It makes for a nice guitar to sit down and play. The shell pink is really nice - kind of reminds me of my grandparent's old tile in there bathroom when I was a kid. lol My only issue with the guitar is that their is that I will probably have to shim the neck because the action is really high up from the 12th fret. As I understand it this is a common issue with the CP Jazzmaster, but I wish it left the factory with the fix completed. All-in-all, a keeper and a guitar that stands alone in terms of tone, look and feel.

"Great Guitar" submitted October 28, 2013

Overall
Overall: Great fit and finish. Great feel. The P-90ish pick ups took a little getting used to because It doesn't sound like typical Jazzmaster pickups. It's more aggressive and louder.

When you call, mention priority code 1586-3V2W. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976