When you call, mention priority code 14RB-5P2F
  • Mon 10AM - 6PM (EST)
  • Tue, Wed, Thur, Fri 8AM - 10PM (EST)

Rating and Reviews: Kenny W Shepherd Strat

Inspired by Kenny Wayne Sheperd's '61 Strat, this guitar features custom-voiced KWS single-coil pickups.

Overall

"This is just my point of view I am a regular guy who just happens to have a passion for learning and playing the blues. This gu" submitted April 1, 2011

By a customer from YAHOO.COM
Music Style: Blues
Sound: The sound from this instrument is amazing. I have to admit that I was very nervous about buying this guitar because I did not think that it would sound nearly as good as it does. I was pleastly surprised when I hooked the KWS strat up to my amp. I think that if you are looking for a guitar to help you achieve that sweet and warm blues tone, this guitar is for you!! Feature: I found that for my playing style this was the guitar that I was waiting to get my hands on. I really enjoyed the fat neck due to the fact that I have fair large hands. The neck enables me to find and hold chords much better than I could before. The frets seem to me to be a bit bigger than my other two strats which I really like because they allow me to dig in a little deeper and get the sounds that I really want. Ease of Use: I am finding that this guitar is very responsive to my playing and in combination with my amp I can get all of the sounds that I am looking for. Quality: In all honesty I was VERY aprehensive at the thought of buying a strat made in Mexico. Once I began to play I could have kicked myself for waiting so long to buy the guitar. The quality is just what you would expect from a fender. The guitar looked so good that I had to take pictures before I really got into playing, just so I can have before pictures. I was also nervous due to the fact that I had heard and read some people say that the frets were not dressed properly. Again I was proven wrong at least in my case the frets were just fine. I think that if you are someone who is actively playing in clubs and things of that nature you would definitely be able to depend on this guitar. I am simply a home player but I could see someone using this night in and night out. Value: Honestly I might get in trouble for this but I feel that for the quality, sound, etc that this guitar provides I am surprised that it is priced so low. From what I hear that is how Kenny wanted it to be so I guess we have Kenny and the Mexican Fender production plant to thank for this great playing and wonderfully priced guitar. Manufacturer Support: I have never had to call on the support of Fender so I can not comment on their quilty of service. The Wow Factor: I ended up with the black version only because the white was soldout at the time. However once I got the wrappings off of this guitar it was Christmas in my house. It looked a lot better than I expected it to look. I currently only have one guitar stand up in my room to due size restictions this is the one that I will be displaying for the weeks or months to come. Everything about this guitar screams play me. Overall: I am very satisfied with this guitar and I think that it will be sometime before I buy another guitar. I have a few guitars that allow me to go different places musically and this guitar I feel allows me to get deep into the blues and really express myself the best way I can within that genre along with one of my other guitars. If this guitar was lost or stolen I would definitely replace it as fast as I could, some of the features I don't think I could due without at this point.

"Strat guitar with Les Paul neck" submitted January 16, 2014

By Jason A in Cedar Park, TX
Overall
Musical Background: Music most of my life. Drums, cello. Playing guitar one year. Gibson LP, Martin 000CXE, and this Fender KWS.
Music Style: Blues, rock
Overall: So not really, but I love the neck on this guitar. It is chunky. I don't care for modern shape strat necks but I picked this up because of the unique racing stripe look. It was the first strat I played where I could here distinct differences in each of the 5 pickup positions. And the neck... Being fairly new to guitar I took the advice of others too much. I read reviews and forums and made countless trips to the local chain store. I specifically stayed away from bigger necks and jumbo frets, etc because everyone seemed to agree that a thinner neck was better and faster. Well. I wasted a lot of money on what everyone else's idea of perfect was. I have average to slightly smaller hands and surprisingly the neck is more comfortable then any other I have played. I took it to said local chain store for a setup, which amounted to a $45 string change. Frustrated but nervous to work on an expensive guitar I set out to learn how to do my own setup. Man was it easy. Find some good online videos and don't be afraid to turn the truss rod (adjustment on this one at the body rather than headstock). All in all it's my favorite guitar. By far. Sound. Feel. Looks.

"Great Blues Strat. Well worth more than you have to pay!" submitted February 14, 2012

By Bill T in College Station, TX
Music Style: Texas Blues, rock
Overall: This is for the Blues players. The pickups are great (a little brighter highs and lower lows than the Texas Specials). It is a chunk of a guitar. That isn't a bad thing since it feels very comfortable and solid. The larger frets are great for easy bends. The graph tech saddles (which come standard) are a must if you don't want to pop strings. Sustain rings for days. The one thing I did ( have the white one) is replace the pickguard with a black MOP which matches the cross perfectly. I think it looks much better than the original mint green one. Unless you knew it was made in Mexico, you would never believe it. The fit, finish and polish matches anthing coming out of the US shop with a poly finish.

"Nice Blend" submitted July 20, 2012

By jeff b in danbury, CT
Overall
Musical Background: playing over 25 years. just a guitarist, not a musician.
Music Style: Heavy rock of the 70s and early 80s. Trower, Uli Roth, Schenker, Robbo, Gary Moore, Blackmore, KK Downing, etc.
Overall: Good blend of modern playability with vintage style. AVR bridge and block, 62 metal shielding plate. CTS pots, useful wiring scheme, good quality tone from the stock pickups. Makes for amqzing bang for the buck. i have owned a bunch of strats and this is the first MIM I feel compares favorably to the better production USA guitars. The quality hardware helps. The only weak link is the ping tuners. I have not had to replace them yet, but I will as a couple are stiff. I cannot stand skinny necks, and this one is a bit different than most modern or vintage Cs. It starts out relatively small, and then tapers up pretty quickly to a good baseball bat no caster/ 52 tele type thickness. Neck.to pocket fit on this particular guitar is tighter than any production Fender I have ever experienced,regardless of what country it was made in. I am a 70s rock and metal type player mainly, and the stock neck and bridge were good enough to stay in. I especially like the hot middle pickup- great for Trower. No weeny middle pickup to make the quack positions sound better. The bridge was very good as well for a .typical strat bridge, but I need more punch as I play mostly 70s hard rock and old.school metal. Put in a Dimarzio FS1. Neck is goog too, but likely will swap out for a CS69, as they handle gain better. Formvar wire gets a little smooth for my tastes through Marshall style amps. The stock pups really work best through brighter Fender BF style amps,which makes sense given who they are designed for. Again, great value, and thinking really hard about buying another.

When you call, mention priority code 14RB-5P2F. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976