When you call, mention priority code 16HV-VD75

Rating and Reviews: Fender Power Telecaster

This versatile guitar offers a world of sound from classic Tele to bright acoustic and everything in between. It features the Fender/Fishman Power Bridge.

"Beautiful to even a blind guy." submitted October 25, 2013

By W D in Los Angeles, CA
Musical Background: 20+ years mainly guitar, but also vocals, keys, bass, drums
Music Style: Rock/ Metal performer, writer/ recorder in many others, tinkerer in pretty much everything else.
Sound: Surprising versatile. I bought it for very specific reasons (clean recording, doubling etc.) but this baby also sounds great in a bluesy crunch and even with some pretty extreme distortion (everything 11 using 50w JVM). Overall quality tones make this a real bargain. Feature: I haven't tried everything it can do in every circumstance yet (2 amp stereo Y cable set-up, Logic, or ProTools etc.) but as good as it is out of the box just on one of my main amps it's pretty darn good especially for the price. Ease of Use: Feels and plays great, I've only used the basic sounds (mono straight to amp) mine was wonderfully set-up as is, so about as easy as it gets. Quality: Stunningly good I didn't expect that from a MIM Fender, I only rolled the dice because of Zzounds return policies. I've Iooked at a lot of MIM Teles (as I believed it would be a limited use guit.) before I got this one and it's really hard to tell any difference between MIM and MIA with regards to this specific guitar. Value: Easy, a no brainer in hindsight. Great value for money. Manufacturer Support: I had pre-sale questions regarding country of manufacture, and functionality of the Fishman features, and Fender did a great job of answering everything in one call. The Wow Factor: Uniqueness of the electronics, but the overall quality is a WOW on it's own. Overall: I was concerned about it being a MIM Fender , but I shouldn't have worried. The hardware and pick-ups (usually the things that suck on affordable foreign made guits) are actually the best (and unique) bright spots, not that anything on the piece is bad. I am sort of stunned as a Gibson guy that this guit came out of the box 100% ready to roll. Best new guitar of this price range I've bought in a LONG while.

"Versatile Guitar" submitted October 31, 2014

By Music Mike Piaskowski in Harrisburg, PA
Overall
Musical Background: Semi professional gigging for over 15 years.
Music Style: Singer-songwriter, folk, rock, country, blues
Overall: The power Tele is a versatile guitar. Its able to put out tele tones, "out of phase" strat tones and some very good electric acoustic tone. The hard part is figuring out a rig that's set up to get the most out of it. As an exclusively acoustic player for over 15 years, I am an acoustic electric tone snob. So playing through an amp without a tweeter just does not cut it for me. It took about three months but I've finally come up with a rig that suits me, except that its not as compact as I'd like. Its a vox ag15, Yamaha MRS 250, and a pedaltrain set up with dedicated pedals for the electric side and dedicated pedals for the piezoelectric side. One alternate I may try in the future is just an extension cab with a horn off the vox cab. Calvin's acoustic amp line has one that would work. But this setup gives me the tone of the tube amp and the clarity of a solid state. And honestly, it sounds phenomenal. The piezoelectric brings both high end shimmer and low end punch. With no equipment there is like a smiley face eq curve to the tone. Mids are fine. More of a high and let bump. The guitar's electronics are active and interconnected. This means that without a 9v battery installed you get no sound. It also means that the guitar's output will drive an amp preamp harder, which is a consideration. I bought a hot rod deluxe iii and did not care for it. Im not sure that it wasn't because the guitar was too hot for the amp pres. Although, I did then plug into a blues jr and it was fine. So it may have been the amp. The magnetic pickups' volume and tone knob are dual concentric with volume being o. The outside and tone the middle. The piezoelectric pot only offers volume. The 1/4 inch jack will run a standard mono cable by combining both magnetic and piezoelectric pickups. To split them, you use what is essentially an insert cable. Tip being one and sleeve being the other. When I got this guitar it was blemished. Neck was loose, tuning key screws stripped, set up terrible and electronics wired wrong. But after a set up and some warrenty repairs it turned out to be an awesome instrument. The set up tech was able to dial it into spec and it plays fantastic. So now I can take one guitar to a gig instead of both an acoustic and electric. Yes, the acoustic tone is that good. In fact if it was like 20% worse it would still probably be passable. But this instruments acoustic tone offers little chance compromise. One upgrade I will make is the addition of a three way toggle to switch between pickups-electric, both, piezoelectric. Great utility guitar. Glad to have it.

"This Guitar really does it all" submitted March 2, 2014

By George M in Duluth, FL
Musical Background: Pro Keyboards,Vocals and Guitar
Music Style: Rock, Jazz, Pop and some Country
Overall: I have tried many hybrid guitars over the years- and i was about ti give up on using just one guitar- Then I found the Nashville Power Tele. This guitar is all that- I love all the classic electric tones and to me- the acoustic sound is as good as it needs to be- which is to say convincing.

"Great guitar, i shall return" submitted October 18, 2013

By Peter Wronoski in charlestown, RI
Overall
Musical Background: Playing since 1982. Retired part time pro for now.
Music Style: BLUES
Overall: I wanted another axe for open d tuning slide but didnt want to spend as much as i usually do.I guess im MIA snob however when held this MIM tele, it looked very similar to my american deluxe from 98 with the third pickup. The neck is the same and the pickups were not noiseless (thank god). It has a deeper low end than the MIA that vibrates the body. Cheaper wood? I don't know. The body is a bit bulky with out the concave tapered top edge. Its better than the MIA standard i bought back in late 80's but it also cost alot more( inflation) . Changed the factory strings with elixir 11's and dropped it down to d and it stayed intune without and intonation problems. Im happy. Fast delivery from zzound. Im no longer weary to have a guitar shipped.

"Fantastic guitar" submitted October 9, 2012

By Gilles G in Cookshire-Eaton, QC
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing guitar for 30 years but just for my own pleasure
Music Style: Country, Canadian Folk
Overall: I'm am not a pro so it might be deferent for you good players but for me this is a very good guitar and I am very pleased with the service I got from zZounds. Bought it blemished, so I also got a very good deal.

When you call, mention priority code 16HV-VD75. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976