When you call, mention priority code 155K-TJBY

Rating and Reviews: Fender '70s Jazz Bass

The Fender '70s Jazz Bass offers classic tone from one of the Jazz Bass's most famous periods. With bright tone and block inlays, the '70s Jazz Bass rocks.

"I Love This Bass!" submitted November 25, 2010

By a customer from gt.rr.com
Musical Background: Professional, been playing for over 40 years
Music Style: Rock, Heavy, Progressive, Jazz
Sound: I really didn't expect a stock Mexican Fender to sound this good--but I was pleasantly surprised. The pickups have a sound and output comparable with my Seymour Duncan Quarter Pounders--seriously. There are just subtle differences, mainly in punch and midrange, but to my ears they sound quite good for stock. Feature: I like the fact that it came shipped with the bass already inside a gigbag--a very nice one at that. Very cool, since I didn't have a case for it and couldn't afford one. Ease of Use: It has a lightning fast neck, and looks cool with those beautiful pearl inlays--you will find yourself staring at it and admiring it often. Plays excellent for it's price range, a lot is due to the neck. Quality: Ok, I bought this as a "blem" and was expecting the worst--but again was pleasantly surprised. It is beautiful,near mint... with only a few light worn places around the bridge pickup and some fine pick scratches on the pickguard. The biggest blemish was the crack in fingerboard down the middle of the first fret--very common on old 70's Fender Jazz Customs, which is what I had before this one--it had the same crack, doesn't affect anything at all, and the rosewood is of very high quality and it still looks awesome. Value: Awesome value, I really got lucky with this one. Manufacturer Support: Haven't had to deal with them, but Fender has the best support in the business--and so does zZounds--I am not worried. The Wow Factor: I bought this, because I was without a bass, and after 30 years or so me and my old band mates were due to get together for a reunion. I needed something good but inexpensive with a fast neck, and I always played Fenders. This bass was a gift from above, as I was short on money and time...this bass rocks! Thank you zZounds! Overall: I don't think you could find a better Fender for the price--though you have a hard time choosing--Fender has some great basses, it all depends on what you want to spend, and your personal preferences. I happen to like Jazzes, you might like Precisions.

"fender classic 70's jazz bass" submitted July 1, 2012

By mark gamache in north yarmouth, ME
Musical Background: have played bass for 30 years
Music Style: rock, classic rock , pop
Overall: Recently purchased a fender 70's jazz bass (mexican). I can not be happier ! right out of the box it was set up perfect, fit and finish is execellent ! Nice two piece body, the neck is a little chunkier than an american jazz but fret work is execellent....Was thinking of changing out the pickups but they sound great as is, overall nice electronics...alnico magnets and cts pots, i did change out the capacitor as the bass is a little brighter than a standard jazz, mostly because of the 70's pickup spacing...The bass is also very light compared to my other jazz basses (8 lbs)...Just the best deal on a fender out there...

"70's Jazz Bass" submitted July 12, 2012

By John S in Cleveland, TN
Musical Background: 15 yrs of music, 6 years semi-pro
Music Style: You name it, i'll play with ya.
Overall: After a quick setup this bass plays absolutely great. The stock pickups are a bit tinny for my taste, but are very similar to an authentic 70's jazz. I recommend some aftermarket split-coil pickups, a blend pot to replace one of the vol pots, and some sort of varitone type device. I get such a great range of sounds out of this passive bass, no hum, no batteries to fool with... Regardless of these mods, this bass plays beautifully. They are a bit expensive for a Mexican J bass, but the quality and playability (and, of course, the look) make the price acceptable. 4.5 stars on most ratings... it's really great and i'd buy one again if i had to, but it's not... like... a 'perfect 10.'

"The legendary tone." submitted September 16, 2012

By Ronny Cabrera
Overall
Overall: The sound on the bass is beyond amazing, though a nice tune up on the strings could make it better, the stock sound is sooo amazing!!! If your looking for a Otis rush, Led Zeppelin, Kool and the gang or Earth wind and fire tone this is your monument! Not bad for a Mexican bass. Not bad at all. The rosewood is so fine, you can imagine the process the wood took to smooth out. The tone nob is so amazing for that creamy background rumbling regular sound as well! Wow im amazed, if you don't get this bass when you get the chance, you'll regret not getting this great deal and the sound! Its a classic jazz bass. Its amazing, buy it!

"A marvelous Jazz Bass that needed some serious chiropractic adjustments!" submitted August 17, 2011

Musical Background: Professional
Music Style: Everything
Sound: The bass sounds like a great Jazz Bass...the treble pickup is burpy and staccato-friendly, full range is syrupy and articulate. Some current Jazz Basses sound very compressed but not this one. Feature: The tuners are fantastic...way better than the Geddy Lee model. Ease of Use: Once I straightened out the neck (really shouldn't ship these basses with the necks so bowed...for someone who doesn't know how to fix this, it would be unplayable)it was easy as pie. The neck on this one isn't as thick and clubby as the first batch of these basses I played. Quality: Feels solid as a rock and the pickups are great. Value: Compared to what basses are going for these days, this is a good deal. The gig bag is a great addition...very good! Manufacturer Support: N/A The Wow Factor: I needed a Jazz Bass, as my regular work basses aren't cutting it for the funk stuff I'm currently playing. This is a perfect choice.

"Fender Poor Quality" submitted April 20, 2014

By Frank S in Pueblo, CO
Overall
Musical Background: Have played for about 50 years. Mainly jam at home or with friends. Guitar and bass.
Music Style: Blues, Funk, Pop, Rock, Jazz
Overall: Purchased a blemished bass. Should not have had poor electrical issues with a lot of buzzing and a very bowed neck. The finish was fine with just a bad alignment with the pick guard which was not a big deal but to have such issues with the electrical and a bad neck for this price I was shocked. Shipped it back for a refund. Glad ZZounds is a customer oriented company. Great company to do business with.

When you call, mention priority code 155K-TJBY. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976