When you call, mention priority code 14PX-XT2D

Rating and Reviews: Fender Classic '60s Tele

With classic looks and sound, this Telecaster has everything you'd expect from a Fender reissue.

"Awesome guitar" submitted June 4, 2014

Music Style: Punk, jazz, post-hardcore, blues
Overall: Such a great finish, fast neck and wonderful sounding pups. This, my friends, is a top of the line MIM tele. Everything was set up well from the factory and after a quick tune it was ready to play. Nothing wrong here, the guitar is awesome!

"fender classic 60 series" submitted October 14, 2012

By megan h in middletown springs, VT
Musical Background: 3 years, play at home
Music Style: blues
Overall: great guitar at a good price, sounds great. only problem is selector top hat knob falls off all the time.

"The best MIM Telecaster you can buy..." submitted September 4, 2013

By Chris C in Coachella, CA
Overall
Musical Background: Playing for 22 years. Play guitar/bass/drums/synths/etc... Not professional, but definitely a gigging musician..
Music Style: Rock, metal, doom metal, shoegaze, post-punk, industrial..
Overall: Ive had my Classic 60s for about 4 months or so now and have to say it is the BEST MIM Fender Ive played.. I had a regular old Standard that I just couldnt get along with the thick neck and was pointed towards this model's thinner neck. I basically want a Tele with the neck of my 1996 Strat Standard and this is the closest I could come. Its a tiny bit thicker and has a taper the Strat doesnt but I can finally manhandle this thing like no other. I play alot of metal/doom/post-punk/noise stuff and before I even ordered it was trying to decide on a new pickup set for it (my standard had a GFS Hot Puncher hot rail in the bridge). Once I plugged it into my Vox AC15C1 and turned on my Boss HM-2 it was just like heaven. Definitely brighter then my humbucker equipped Standard but it didnt matter. The thing had THAT Tele sound that my Standard with its 6 saddle bridge never had. Its still stock, and I am doing just fine abusing people's ears with feedback and diminshed chords. I detune between C#/B/A and the 60s single coil handles it all just fine. The only complaint I could even think of was that zZounds only carries the Olympic White model. When I bought my Standard I actually wanted an Oly White, but Guitar Center didnt have one so I got yet another black Fender. When I sold it to fund the Classic model, I wanted another black one (the rosewood fretboard wouldve made it a matching twin to my Strat), but this time the only one available was Oly White. I guess its a sign that I was originally supposed to have an Oly White anyways hehehe. Nice touch with the 'mint green' pickguard too. zZounds was so awesome and helpful, not only did they match a lower price I found, they BEAT IT. My experience with the Classic 60s was so positive I think once Im finished 'paying while I play' Im going to add a Classic 50s to my collection as well..

When you call, mention priority code 14PX-XT2D. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976