When you call, mention priority code 174Z-CZKZ

For delivery by New Year's Eve, order by 2pm EST Monday, Dec 29th with 2-day shipping.

Rating and Reviews: Fender USA DLX Strat Ash

Dial in sounds from clean to mean with Fender's N3 Noiseless pickups and S-1 switch. With ash wood grain showing through the finish, this is one sweet Strat.

"If you have the money then get it." submitted December 30, 2011

Musical Background: Jam at home
Music Style: Rock, blues
Sound: I love the sound of the guitar. The S1 switch is not to much to my liking in the neck position but all others are pretty cool. Overall it sounds great. Feature: I don't use the S1 switch too much. The pop tremolo arm is pretty awesome. I bought this guitar for the overall American craftsmanship. The neck feels very nice. The guitar stays in tune nicely. Ease of Use: I recommend getting a set up from a professional but you can play this guitar right out of the box. Mine needed only minor adjustments but when those adjustments were made I couldn't put it down. Quality: American craftsmanship. Value: Very pricy but I'd do it again. Manufacturer Support: What's that for? Overall: This guitar is going to last me a long time I'm sure of it. If it got lost or stolen I'd be sick and have to buy another one.

"great strat....but beware of pickups!" submitted October 7, 2012

By Paul T in Greenfield, MA
Musical Background: 20 year vet multiple bands
Music Style: rock, blues, hair metal, classics
Overall: First off, let me just say I love this guitar. I own, and have owned, several strats in my 20 years of playing and this by far is my favorite. This is my first foray into Ash bodys, and I must say Im hooked! Having said that...I think Fender might want to up the anty on their Pickup quality control. I bought this guitar from zZounds, awaited patiently for its arrival, and furiously ripped open the box when it arrived. I plugged it into my amp and....no neck PU. The other two worked/sounded great, but the neck was outputting about 5% of its normal volume. Now, having built/rewired/repaired several guitars, I went to work trouble shooting as best as I could without voiding the warranty. No-go. Finally I gave up...concluding that since I have experienced more than one faulty Fender PU before, there was nothing I can do. So I called them back, and promptly requested a replacement guitar. A week or less later I had my new guitar, in perfect working order. No more than 3 months down the road THIS neck PU died as well....new guitar, same exact problem. I guess there is a issue with the neck N3 PUs, huh?? Anyway, after some back and forth with zZounds and fender (getting nowhere) I finally decided to just give up and rip the PU's out and replace them with good ones, and its been amazing ever since.

"This is a beautiful guitar and worth every penny!" submitted February 8, 2011

Music Style: Classic Rock through Modern Industrial
Sound: Nice clean Strat sound with the bonus of the 5 new S1 switch settings.... The tremolo is nice and smooth and I haven't had any problems with it going out of tune. Feature: Fender TSA Case is very nice and included 3 allen wrenches for setups, and a Fender guitar strap. The ash grain body looks great, and the maple neck feels nice and fast. I've never played a compound neck before but I got say, it's hardly noticeable as you move up the neck. Ease of Use: Very nice guitar sounds and with the S1 switch, you have 10 choices straight from the selector switch. The neck is nice and smooth/silky feeling and the strings ring out nice and clear. Quality: The guitar is beautiful. I don't understand why Fender doesn't make it easier to remove the plastic protective coating from the pick guard or back tremolo cover. You shouldn't have to back off or remove screws to peel off the plastic cover. Value: The ash wood grain showing through the finish is simply beautiful. I think well worth the xtra $ to upgrade from the American Deluxe... Manufacturer Support: Don't know. I haven't had to use it.... The Wow Factor: The aged cherry finish with the maple neck got me .... Now some of the pictures -not all - I've seen online showed a pearl finish on the pick guard and I was hoping that it came that way from Fender. I found out that it doesn't so I'll have to add that to it later on.... Overall: I have a Les Paul I've been playing since 94 but I wanted to be able to get that great Strat sound w/tremolo. This guitar looks and sounds great and is a lot of fun to play.
11 of 12 people (91.67%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Fender Deluxe American Stratocaster " submitted December 19, 2013

By John M in Yukon, OK
Musical Background: 55 years; used to play pro but now just for fun
Music Style: rock, jazz
Overall: I ordered a Deluxe American Strat (blemished). My only concern was just exactly what was the blemish. The saleman told me most customers can't find it. When I received my Strat, he was right. I've had it for a month and still don't have a clue what the blemish is. I received my guitar within 3-4 days using standard shipping. Overall , I was very pleased.

"excellent guitar" submitted June 16, 2014

By Chris G
Overall
Musical Background: 15 play about anything with strings especially guitar. play professionally
Music Style: Blues,country,Gospel
Overall: ,Bought this over a year ago now and still love it as much as I did Tue day I got it. I've been playing for 15 years and have had several guitars but this buy far is my baby. My wife has been pretty jealous of this. But the tone and s1 switch is amazing and the finish is beautiful

"absolutely beautiful sounding and looking" submitted May 5, 2014

By Dale D in newcastle, WA
Overall
Musical Background: used to play an getting back into it. play at home
Music Style: rock, classic rock, christian
Overall: what an amazing buying experience. The people at Zzounds rock. The packaging and customer service was top notch. I highly recommend dealing with these guys. Thank you.

"Best Strat Yet" submitted October 4, 2013

By Daryl W in Herrin, IL
Overall
Musical Background: Playing 49 years. I play 6 & 12 string guitar, bass guitar, 5 string banjo and a little piano and keyboards.
Music Style: Rock, Country, Blues, Christian, Oldies
Overall: I have had five Stratocasters and this one is the best one yet. I got overnight shipping on mine and had before ten thirty the next morning. Had a couple of problems with the tone knobs. They both fell off so I super glued them back on. Other than that I plan on keeping this guitar the rest of my life. It plays great, sounds great and it looks great. I love the S1 switching system. I've always loved that Strat sound and this baby has got plenty of it. If you're gonna buy a Strat get the American Deluxe Strat with the Ash body if you can swing it financially. Its not cheap by any means but its worth every cent. I buy all my music gear from ZZOUNDS and it always arrives in top shape and on time. To me ZZOUNDS can't be beat. They're great. I haven't had to use Manufacturer Support so I didn't rate it.

"Do yourself a favor!" submitted January 20, 2011

Overall
Musical Background: 48 years hobbiest.
Music Style: my own style mixed with Hendrix,Page,and Beck
Sound: This is the truest of Stratocaster sounds that I've often heard since I Began playing electric guitar 48 years ago and drooling over Lawrence Welk's two guitarists with matching white Strats who got to solo every week. Then along came Surf music with everyone using Strats. Awesome! This recent purchase sounds,and plays beautifully. The noiseless pu's are delicious when recording. Hum free! It sounds truly amazing with my pedals(Digitech hardwire tuner>BBE vintage compressor>BBE green screamer overdrive>BBE wah>fishman chorus>tech 21 Blonde character series pedal>BBE sonic maximizer>fishman reverb). All cables>monster and george L's. Into a Hughes & Kettner 20th Anniversary Edition Tube amp 20 watts and rockdriver cream 12 in. spkr.,into a Hughes & Kettner Custom Ext. Cab w/2-12 in. greenbacks. Feature: Awesome case with TSA locks. Ease of Use: Extremely playable neck. No learning curve needed. Manual clear and easy to understand. Plays better than my former Fender Strat Ultra that my x wife thru down the stairs and ended it's life. Quality: It is very well made,and Factory Q.C. great. Set up perfect. The finish of the aged cherry sunburst is beautiful to behold,as well as the perfectly horizontal and balanced Ash grain. I flipped out when I opened the case to see it's stunning beauty for the first time. Value: Well worth the price! Manufacturer Support: No need by me for company contact as I am 100% satisfied with my Q.C. inspection. The Wow Factor: This model has total"sex appeal". Overall: After this,I have no desire to buy another guitar. No more gibson's or the heritage's!

When you call, mention priority code 174Z-CZKZ. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976