When you call, mention priority code 1578-K7F5

Rating and Reviews: Fender USA Deluxe Strat

Get Fender looks, tone, and playability with this left-handed American Deluxe Strat -- loaded with N3 Noiseless pickups and the ingenious S-1 pickup switch.

"One-In-a-Thousand Bad American Deluxe Stratocaster" submitted March 15, 2011

Music Style: Rock, Blues
Sound: I had high hopes about the Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster after reading many reviews of the guitar. When zzounds price-matched Guitar Center's discounted price, I sprang into action and placed order. I had a hard time waiting for the delivery, and when I received it, I waited a full day before opening the box--for the guitar to acclimate. To make a long story short, I ended up returning the guitar back to zzounds. My hopes were dashed--the guitar was a dog. My 2006 MIM strat was better than this MIA Deluxe. I believe I had received a lemon. What are the chances? Probably one in a thousand. Don't let my experience dissuade you from ordering from zzounds; they were wonderful, from the ordering experience to returning the guitar, I have nothing but pleasant things to say about zzounds. Feature: The American Deluxe Stratocaster came with lots of assessories/case candy. This is the top end strat that Fender makes, just short of their Custom Shop guitars. The guitar's noiseless pickups, N3, receive mixed reception, some people love it, others don't. I didn't have enough time with the guitar for worthy review at this time of the N3 pickups; however, they sounded good to my ears for the short time I had with them. Ease of Use: I could not stand the string buzz on the open strings on the guitar; the nut was jutting out of the fretboard on both ends; the frets were sharp at the ends as well. As I stated above, my 2006 Made-in-Mexico Fender Standard Stratocaster, which cost 1/4 of the American Deluxe model, was better out of the box--nut was cut professionally and filed carefully, frets were dressed professionally and filed nicely, unlike the American Deluxe. Quality: That's the thing about this American Deluxe that bothered me; bad QC. Funny thing is, I remember looking at the QC card that came inside the box, someone at Fender factory actually stamped with his name. I wonder if he/she actually touched this guitar? Value: I'm not sure the American Deluxe series guitars merit the price they currently command. Fender typically charges 50% over the American Standard series. I'd like to try the Am St strat and find out for sure. Manufacturer Support: I have never had to deal with Fender directly, but I have read about other people's experience and Fender seems to have a solid reputation for honoring customer complaints. The Wow Factor: I lusted after the American Deluxe Stratocaster for a long time. After the letdown, however, I no longer wish to own one. I'd much rather have the American Standard Stratocaster now. Overall: I have returned the guitar back to zzounds.
12 of 13 people (92.31%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"I love this Strat" submitted May 23, 2012

By John Phillips in Lubbock, TX
Overall
Musical Background: 41yrs. Sax and guitar. I now play for enjoyment.
Music Style: Rock, country and blues
Overall: I have played LP for 35+ yrs. I ordered the Strat and found it to be prettier than the picture indicated. The color was outstanding. The first thing I did was take it to a professional guitar shop and have it set up. Maybe I got lucky, but mine is great and I enjoy the many different sounds I get. While in N3 mode I can make it sound as if I have Humbucking pickups.

When you call, mention priority code 1578-K7F5. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976