When you call, mention priority code 174R-G6WM

For delivery by New Year's Eve, order by 2pm EST Monday, Dec 29th with 2-day shipping.

Rating and Reviews: Fender USA Special Tele

Get USA build quality for a great price. Texas Special single-coils give this Telecaster plenty of bite, while the Greasebucket circuit rounds out your tone.

"Fender American Special 3 Tone Sunburst" submitted October 6, 2011

Overall
Music Style: Rock,Classic Rock,Blues,Country,and whatevere sounds/feels good!
Sound: You won't believe your ears! And yours eyes!! this Fender American Special Tele not only sounds "Fantastic",the 3TS pictures do not do it justice!You can get so many different sounds out of this guitar that it is unreal.The pick-ups are very hot.You can't go wrong! Feature: The hot alnico pick-ups on this American Special will absolutely blow you away.The 3 way switch is solid quickly lets you achieve the sound you want.At first I was a bit leery about the greasebucket treble roll off while not increasing the bass,but,I do like it..Wish it would have came with a hardshell case,but,the gig bag has ample padding. Ease of Use: To say you can't find the right sound that suits you or the song your playing,is the furthest thing from the truth! The playability was great out of the box. Quality: As I stated earlier,the 3TS finish will blow you away! I was apprehensive about getting the 3 tone sunburst,but it is a very beautiful guitar to say the least! All of the hardware,and the fit of everything appears to be flawless. Value: It is worth every penny!I just wish that it would have came with a hardshell case.... Manufacturer Support: No problems as of yet and don't expect any.... The Wow Factor: The guitar looks fantastic!The comfortability,feel,and playability are second to none. It is surprisingly,not that heavy.Especially,after playing a 3 hour gig.. Overall: Looks,sound,and playability is second to none!If something unfortunate happened to it(which I hope never does),I would buy another in a heartbeat. Hey guys(and gals),you can't go wrong with the Fender American Special. Has my vote, hands down!!

"Best deal on U.S. made Tele" submitted November 9, 2013

By Dean Swindell in Alameda, CA
Overall
Musical Background: First gig at age 8, 1969. Still play pro. Spent 5 years on bass. Also love semi-hollow electrics.
Music Style: Rock, folk, 60's and 70's country, Americana, British Hard Rock.
Overall: The American Special Telecaster is a great purchase; modded in just the right places, costs trimmed only where it's okay. This means that the newer poly finishing materials used are of great quality - and in the case of my Olympic White guitar, perfectly executed. This, along with the gig bag, also of high quality, in lieu of a hard case, probably accounts for most of the $300 you save not getting the American Standard, which admittedly has nicer finishing on the headstock and a more vintage looking decal. But the '70's decal of the Special qualifies as vintage too, if that matters. The '70's vibe is furthered, especially with the white guitars, by the cool black 3-ply pickgaurd. Another cost cutter is the vintage three-toed bridge, which in my opinion has better tone - the fewer moving parts, the more tone - and looks better and more streamlined than it's more expensive modern counterpart. Out of the box three of the strings were not intonated perfectly but the guitar did wonderfully at a gig the very day I pulled it from the box. Nice work, Q.C. guy! If it's that important you can get modified retrofit saddles from several sources for as little as $16 (which I did). The tuners here were used on the Am. Standard before that guitar got the staggered version and like most Fender tuners I find them over-sized and blocky looking, but that's just me, as they work beautifully. The pickups are Texas Specials and simply put, I love them. No noiseless, humbucking or boutique job will ever make me part with these. Beef, output, articulation, woody sensitivity and tele twang abound. If these don't work for you, then a Telecaster is probably not the right guitar for you. Top this off with a 9.5 radius and huge frets and this is probably the ultimate Tele without springing the dough for a B-Bender.

"Geezer finds his roots" submitted July 29, 2010

By a customer from uncc.edu
Musical Background: Serious amateur
Music Style: Blues & avant-guard experiments
Sound: Out of the box, plugged into a Fender Practice amp, the guitar made me smile. The Texas pickups put out a uncluttered blues-friendly sound. There's some hum, but nothing tragic for a stage performance. Like a lot of Tele set-ups, the volume balance between the neck and the bridge is quite stark, but it isn't a deal-breaker for me. Playing this guitar is a blast. It rocks, it twangs and it sounds like my younger days. It took a little fussing to get the intonation right, so I re-strung it with 11's. The increase in presence was noticeable and the strings stay in tune longer. Feature: Not many features. The gut-bucket tone control is good at what it does. I don't much use the roll effect in my playing. The overall output is fine. A Tele is a block of wood cut into a classic shape that you either love or shrug at. The sunburst is handsome and well done. The bridge screams cheap as do the tuners, but they do alright. It is a basic model that simply defines an entire genre of playing. A friend of mine and I were playing and doing the "what-if" game (He's a woodworker and I teach design.) and at one point we realized we had just talked ourselves through the evolution of the electric guitar. This guitar is an instrument at the root – simple and solid. Ease of Use: As you can see from my comments so far, it was plug and play. As with any new guitar, after three months I am still listening carefully while I play and making notes. I had not owned an electric for over twenty years, focusing on my acoustic chops. That said, the guitar plays well. I don't consider changing strings to get in the ballpark of personal preference to be an issue. It took about twenty minutes to find a solid playing zone with my amp. I am a solid blues player, and Tele's are an old love. It was very easy to get started and to find my groove. Quality: The neck is straight and firm and the frets are level and nicely dressed. When I removed the pick-guard to clean up the protective plastic wrap under the screws, I was disappointed to see all the factory dust left in the cavity and under the guard. A blast with a can of air fixed that, but really it should have been dusted during assembly. In all honesty, any other complaint that I can come up with is comparing it to $2K custom-made Tele's. And that would be unfair. I already mentioned the tuners and bridge as less than stellar parts. The finish is quite pretty. If you have issues with urethane varnish, then you will find it a heavy build in comparison to lacquer. However, the paint job is very clean. They have done a pretty good job with an American factory set-up at a decent price. It is road worthy. Value: I think it is a very fair price for what it is. It compares quite favorably to the American Standard and is worth it to me to buy an American made instrument. Manufacturer Support: I have had no need for support, so I won't comment. The Wow Factor: I think this is one sexy Telecaster. I had been looking at a lot of Tele models and variations for a while and this one clawed my checkbook out of hiding. As I have a number of acoustics (and none of them cheap), that this one teased me into going electric after several decades says a lot. Everybody who plays it ends up smiling, Nee too! Overall: I always end up tweaking my guitars, even my handmade custom. I will probably replace the bridge and tuners and maybe even the pick-ups. After that, I will either stop tinkering or keep at it depending on my own weird mental process. Given my history, at some point I will probably get yet another axe to puzzle over. My Gibson L130 has led me on that kind of chase. I still play it every day. This Tele feels that way too.

"FENDER AMERICAN SPECIAL TELECASTER" submitted November 19, 2014

By Gary Mitchell in Georgetown, TX
Overall
Musical Background: 50 years, 30 some years church, also professionally , i play guitar and bass and lap steel
Music Style: Christian, blues,country,rock,metal, some jazz
Overall: I have been playing guitar for 50yrs, I have played worship in church 25 to 30 yrs. I have been in rock and country bands. I am considered a professional I guess I have been paid a few times here and there, and paid pretty good. I have owned a lot of guitars in my life - Peavey, Jackson, G&L, Gibson and even a custom guitar from Prestige in Canada. But I must say this American special Tele from Fender is one of the most versatile guitars I have ever played. The CS Texas Special pickups are awesome, they are what I would call earcandy. All my other guitars have been resting in their case since I got this tele. It now is my go to guitar and I just love it. It sounds great with every amp I have played it through. I use a Rivera Clubster Royale 112. I have played it using Peavey amps, Fender amps, and Marshalls. It never cease's to amaze me. Do yourself a Favor call the boys up at zZounds and get one in your collection, you won't be sorry. I forgot to say my old 63 year old hands love the Jumbo frets and the neck on it, it's a pleasure to play.

"Great value for a great guitar" submitted May 4, 2013

By jeff w in memphis, TN
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing for almost 40 years. I am not a professional
Music Style: Classic Rock, Blues
Overall: This guitar plays like a dream. I love the Texas Special pickups. I bought the 3 tone burst. What a beautiful finish

"I've been playing "Telecasters" for over 40 some odd years now, I know what to expect from them. The proof is in the playing and" submitted September 22, 2010

By a customer from embarqmail.com
Music Style: blues, rock, jazz
Sound: I play the blues, with a mixed flavor of rock and jazz, and the best I can say is, the sound that comes out of this "Telecaster Special". is exactly what I have been looking for. It has become my main work horse, on stage or studio. I may buy another one as a back up. Feature: The "tele" came with a gig bag of good design, that I use as a spare as I have another bag that is of a much better design, for travel when a gig bag is needed. Also got a standard yellow cleaning cloth that always comes in handy for one thing or another. Was very impressed with the allen wrench that was included for neck adjustments, it was of a very realistic, usable design. Ease of Use: The guitar is very playable. The tuners and pots are responcive to the touch. The pick-ups are perfect. The 3-way selector switch is very solid and feels like it will last a very long time. Quality: Very solid and well built, very good finish. The neck feels solid and very playable. As I mentioned before, I play "Tele's" (nearly), exclusively and this guitar has become my main work horse. I wouldn't worry one bit about using it on the road,.. as it and two more "Tele's", travel with me to at least three gigs a week. Value: The street price on this "Tele" is fantastic! Alot of bang for the buck! Manufacturer Support: I have always played "Fender" equipment and have dealt with there product for years. The only beef I have with them now, is with there customer support via telephone. To many times the questions I ask can't be answered, and am told that they will have to get back to me. As far as repairs, any "Fenders" that I have owned never needed anything more than a neck adjustment, or intonation set. As a whole I have been very satisfied with "Fender" products and sevice. The Wow Factor: It's a "Telecaster", nuff said there, history, reliabilty, playabilyt, etc., etc. Sex appeal is something I wouldn't say it has, coolness is the word that I would use. Unless it would give a sense of sex appeal, combined with who is playing it. Overall: I've been playing "Tele's" since 1963, and am very satisfied with them. If I would wear it out, or if it were stolen, after I recovered from the shock, I would replace it in a heart beat. The pick-ups, price and configuration of parts were the main drawing factor in buying this guitar.

"Can't put it down..." submitted September 16, 2014

By David Baldwin in Santa Rosa, CA
Musical Background: Lifetime tinkerer, garage jammer, noise maker
Music Style: Rock, blues, alternative, noise
Overall: When I was in Jr. high school (many years ago), I played in the jazz band. The school had this blond Tele & I totally bonded with that guitar. This was over 30 years ago & I've never forgotten that guitar. My new American Special is just that...Truly Special, I just have to pick it up & play every time I walk by it. This has got to be the most playable, comfortable, fun & inspirational guitar I've ever played. Fender has blown my mind with this beauty... In a time when everything seems to change daily, this Tele is a true classic & will stand the test of time. I love this guitar! A crazy good bargain that you'll have for a lifetime, wouldn't change a thing!

"Fender heaven " submitted September 14, 2014

By Huey Falls in Buckeye, AZ
Musical Background: Playing since 1970 fender, gibson
Music Style: From the beatles to zz top
Overall: This American Telecaster special is a power house with Texas special pick-ups the sound is incredible the tone is spot on as the set-up out of the box the intonation was perfect one thing I was worried about was the 3 saddle bridge I was a 6 saddle bridge fan but did I change my mind the three brass saddle gives killer sustain Fender heaven

"fender american special telecaster" submitted August 7, 2014

By steve sloan in howe, TX
Overall
Musical Background: 35+ semi pro and jam at home as well..
Music Style: country, southern rock, gospel and blues..
Overall: awesome guitar i got the 3 tone sunburst on the pay as you play deal and it is just amazing, it was pretty well setup from the factory, the strings were just a tad high, but a lil tweak and they are sweet.. and the color is just awesome as well.

"Excellent experience" submitted August 21, 2014

By Jeff Phillips in Santa Ana, CA
Musical Background: 40 years of playing
Music Style: Country, blues classic and southern rock
Overall: This guitar is absolutely perfect. Everything you would expect from Fender. More though about zzounds. I ordered this on a Friday night and had it the following Tuesday. My experience with them was total wow! Super easy order process dc. Super fast delivery. You guys are awesome will definitely be buying from you again.

"American Fender Special Telecaster" submitted June 7, 2014

Overall
Overall: Received the Telecaster from zzsound. Had this one listed as a scratch and dent. My guess it was a demo and the only scuff I found was on the protective plastic covering on the pick guard. The guitar is in perfect condition. I cant find a scratch or dent any where. Very easy to play and sounds great with my little fender Champ amp. For 649.00 I'm a happy camper.

"Highly Underated Guitar." submitted May 27, 2011

Music Style: Classic Country,
Sound: The bridge pickup is great, but I'm most impressed with the neck pickup. I have never cared for the neck pickups on a Tele, so I was surprised at how good this one is. Feature: It's a Tele, so it's pretty basic as it should be. I don't mind it not coming with a case, because I prefer gig bags. But the one fender provides is kind of low end, if this is a deluxe bag, then the basic bags must be made by Hefty. Ease of Use: It really is a great Tele. Quality: Perfect set up from the factory, intonation was dead on, even with the barrel saddles. I've owned american standards, that did'nt come set up this nice from the factory. Very impressed. Value: I think it's better than the American standards. They can keep the case, this is a better guitar period Manufacturer Support: hope I never have a need for support. The Wow Factor: nice and simple. Overall: Best Tele I've ever owned. And I've owned many.

"American Telecaster" submitted November 12, 2013

By Robert P in Woodstock, CT
Overall
Musical Background: Play at home , I have been playing for over 35 years.
Music Style: Mostly Rock and metal.
Overall: I love this guitar, it has the sound I've been looking for and super great feel.

"Best guitar I ever played!" submitted November 2, 2014

By Marc H in Millville, NJ
Overall
Overall: Set up great out of the box. Looked great. Plays like a 2000 dollar guitar for half the price. Get one!

"very nice guitar!" submitted May 20, 2012

By william lazar in Plymouth, NH
Overall
Musical Background: Professional Musician, over 27 years exp...
Music Style: Classic country, Classic&Southern rock., Blues....
Overall: Very nice guitar. Play's great , nice finish. One thing that I didn't like was that it comes with "Texas Special" pick ups. I've had and used these pick ups before in my other Tele's and these don't look the same-they have flat pole pieces and "real" Texas Specials have raised poles in the bridge pick up.-and they don't quite sound the same either. Except for that it's a great guitar....

"tele review" submitted April 13, 2014

Overall
Overall: its a tele. a little lighter than the old one but plays and sounds great

When you call, mention priority code 174R-G6WM. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976