When you call, mention priority code 206-811M

Rating and Reviews: Fender American Special

This American-made Strat is perfect for anyone. The Texas Special pickups deliver bell-like tones, while the large headstock adds a cool aesthetic touch.

"Incredible, versatile and just dang awesome" submitted March 12, 2016

By Matthew H in Georgetown, KY
Overall
Musical Background: Guitarist, cellist, banjoist, pianist - playing for 16 years - professionally teaching jazz 3
Music Style: Jazz, classical, folk, southern rock, blues, metal
Overall: Firstly, what a fluid finish. It's a gorgeous and rarely used sonic blue that stands out with the deep, rich rosewood on the fretboard. Texas special singles are hot and loud but have a great sound to them. The greasebucket tone does exactly what it says; it rolls off the tone without sacrificing clarity. I can roll both off and never be muddy. This guitar mainly plays through a Champion 100 and an Orange Dual Terror with custom cab. The five way switching gives it incredible versatility because of the greasebucket wiring. With two amps, I essentially have ten guitars available. When tone is down and up on the neck pickup, there is this beautiful, beautiful jazz tone (my preferred sound) but I also play a bit of metal and southern rock/blues. I can't believe how easy this guitar plays opposed to some of my other fenders - both MIM and MIAs - as the jumbo frets and perfect neck radius allow the lightest fingerings producing both fast playing and smooth transitions. In time I may end up putting flatwound strings on this for a dedicated jazz rig, however, the Fender strings it comes equipped with (light) are nice and shiny and have glassy tone to them. It was setup well out of the box and a simple tuning was all it needed. This guitar for the price is highly recommended. I have 7 American Fenders now including this one, and it turns out to be my favorite color and favorite playing Strat of them all. I am so glad that I purchased this and if Fender releases another interesting color in this Strat, I will buy that one as well. zZounds did not disappoint in their shipping either. It was a three day delivery and packing was spot on. I do wish Fender would include a hardshell case with this one but at the price point, I understand why they didn't. You do get a very nicely padded and useful gig bag that I wouldn't be afraid to pack this around it. Fender has found their apex with this model in my mind; the craftsmanship, fit and finish, the color and gloss, electronics, neck and fretboard are all 100% quality and people always comment on this guitar over my other Fender MIAs. It's funny; this is the least expensive one. I love this guitar. If you're considering this one, do yourself a favor and bite the bullet. You won't be disappointed.

"What a Strat Should Be!!" submitted January 8, 2016

By W Tucker in K-Town, TN
Music Style: Classic Rock and Blues
Overall: Right off the bat let me say this is the BEST STRAT I've ever owned and I've been playing them for 40 yrs. I got my first one in the mid 70's...a sunburst with a maple neck (the old U-shape which I hated) and many more since that one. This Strat is of course very well build---I couldn't find a single flaw. The action was perfect right out of the box. All I did was tighten up the trem-springs so the bridge is no longer 'floating'. That's just a personal preference. The neck on this guitar plays like butter for a simple reason---Fender chose to put JUMBO FRETS on it!! Not MED. Jumbo (such an idiotic term). Jumbo frets make all the difference in the world!! Most professional players either have guitars built with them or they have their guitar tech put jumbo frets on their guitars. If you're a blues or rock player and you like to bend strings it makes that technique effortless!! I really wish Fender would make Jumbo Frets the norm and not the exception!!! Love the blue with rosewood neck!! Lastly, the pick ups. Texas Specials. I love them! They really give you a beefier sound and drive a tube amp to get that sweet break up so easily. All and all this guitar is just amazing! Once you pick one up you won't want to put it down for hours!!!

When you call, mention priority code 206-811M. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976