When you call, mention priority code 16GT-TVXX

Rating and Reviews: Fender STD Tele MN

The American Standard Telecaster gets upgraded with a comfortable back contour and Twisted Tele and Broadcaster pickups straight from the Fender Custom Shop.

"The best guitar I've had so far" submitted October 22, 2014

By Tim Shulepov in San Carlos, CA
Overall
Musical Background: Played in bands for past 11 years. First I played hard rock with elements of folk, then switched to alternative metal and punk
Music Style: Current style - hard rock with elements of modern metal.
Overall: This is the best guitar I've owned. I'm really stoked that zZounds has a payments program, it wouldn't have been easy for me to pay $1200 in one go. The guitar is amazing, it still surprises me to hear such fat and heavy tones out of a pair of single coils. It feels solid, it resonates so well that I can hear everything I play even without plugging the guitar into an amp. I'm really happy to have it, and I could afford it thanks to zZounds :)

"Fender 2012 USA STD Tele- Natural w/ maple Neck" submitted September 8, 2012

By TJ Lincoln in Springfield, VA
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing since 1979 of an on. Got serious in 2001. Have played weekly out for the past 4-5 years.
Music Style: Christian Rock, Classic Rock
Overall: Up to now I have never been a big Tele fan. Usually I stick to dual HB guitars. Recently started down the strat/tele road. I must say I really like this guitar and it will definitely find its way into my line-up. The set-up was very good when I received it and the finish was flawless. I can get great clean punchy sounds right up to gnarly blues and rock. I thought I would be ordering an aftermarket Fender Tweed case but the case Fender includes with the guitar was a big surprise. I had bought an american deluxe strat a few years back and hated the standard skb case (no room for accessories/flimsy). The case included is a TSA rectangular case that is both sturdy and functional. I actually have room to put a leather strap, tools, and a 10' cable in. Way to go Fender!
13 of 14 people (92.86%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"I always wanted to own a Telecester." submitted August 31, 2014

By Jerry G
Musical Background: Just learning to play blues and surf guitar
Overall: I chose the US made Tele. The body shape is what I like best about it. The color is Mystic Red with white pick guard and maple fingerboard. I mainly picked the American Standard model for the color selection. I needed about 30 seconds to get used to this guitar's neck shape. My go to guitar and main workhorse is a Gibson Les Paul Jr. Special with a slim taper profile neck shape. My hands are on the smaller side but not a problem on the 25.5" Fender scale length. I replaced the strings right away with Ernie Ball pure nickel super slinkys. My Tele sounds totally different (much brighter) than the Gibson thru my Vox AC 15 amp and a few effects pedals. The guitar is a beauty. Good quality, lots of extra stuff and the case is a Fender tolex TSA type made by SKB. Very adequate. I say that nothing beats the looks of a Telecaster.

"Fender Rules" submitted September 18, 2012

By Timothy F in Penn Yan, NY
Overall
Musical Background: I am a hobbiest, I have the telecaster, an american stratocaster, and an Epiphone standard Les Paul.
Music Style: Rock, country, and blues.
Overall: While searching for an electric guitar to cover my needs I ran across the 2012 Telecaster which turned me away from other brand guitars. Its got a neck that is quick and easy to use, and the quality of the instrument alone is, well, you know, nothing beats a Fender. The color I chose was candy cola and it is flawless. From beginner to professional guitarist, this guitar will fit your needs. absolutely beautiful, it also comes with a case that doesn't quit.

"FENDER USA STD TELECASTER MAPLE " submitted April 16, 2014

By Michael Cooper in Ft Myers , FL
Overall
Musical Background: most of my life Bass Harmonica played christian band SOULEDOUT Praise an Worship.
Music Style: love blues country oldies.. Christian learning lead guitar . I have 2 Fender and 3 Epiphone gutiars, aFender GDEC 30 A F
Overall: Thank you very much For the play as you pay plan the Fender telecaster is beautiful the case the strap everything I got top notch I love it. If you cant afford to pay cash upfront man you cant beat the play as you pay deal from zZounds very highly recommend to everyone looking for a great deal and great product .

"Tele Std" submitted May 29, 2014

By Bobby W in Clinton, WA
Overall
Musical Background: Currently own a 1979 Martin HD-28, 1995 Fender Tele Special, 2012 Fender Tele Standard -also banjo, mandolin, classical guitar
Music Style: Mostly folk rock/blues
Overall: I haven't put it down long enough to write a review until now - I am playing constantly. It was delivered set-up perfect and looks as good it plays. If you have ever thought abought getting a tele - do it.

"Mighty Fine!" submitted March 1, 2013

By Bill Leyden in Prescott, AZ
Overall
Musical Background: Recording artist, playing of-and-on for 40 years.
Music Style: New Age - smooth jazz.
Overall: What a gorgeous instrument! Three days after I clicked the "Purchase" Button on zzounds.com, the Tele was on my doorstep. I chose the 2 color sunburst because I have a fondness for ash wood. The finish is perfect; the set-up is exact and I love the TSA case. The body contour feels really comfortable when playing. This may be the only guitar that I have owned that I don't feel like I have to run right to a tech to have it set-up - it's great the way it came out-of-the-box! I love the sound -- as good as any Tele I've heard, and it records well. I only wish that I had four hands so I could play two-at-once.

"New 2012 USA standard tele: a truly magical guitar!" submitted March 16, 2014

By Mike Rogers in Rockford, IL
Musical Background: Product endorsed recording artist, semi-pro
Music Style: Rock, metal, country, blues, punk, wimp rock, church music, avant guard, off the wall stuff, minimalist/ maximalist styles, or a
Overall: I just got my 2012 USA tele with the Zzounds Pay as You Play (a GREAT thing for the inner gear junkie in all of us!!).I found that it is unlike the 2003 USA I had, but in a great way. The 2012 can handle the twang and pop of classic and modern country, but can rock out as well. I particularly like the broadcaster in the bridge, and the twisted tele is a great pickup as well. The guitar has a special tone and playability my 'traditional' 2003 tele just didn't have. Even the most mundane notes on this guitar sound spectacular. I fully consider it a true backup for my USA strat, and unlike the strat, can go into areas of style the strat can't do: Tom Petty, Rolling Stones, modern country, classic blues tones, traditional country..Mine is a maple neck, and black finish. The stamped saddles are more stratty looking, but I can't see how the tone is changed too much, and it's in a good way. I did replace the tunes with the Fender F logo locking tunes, and with that made this guitar into a gigging machine.

"2012 American Standard Tele - SWEET" submitted September 7, 2012

By Kenneth H in Fenton, MO
Musical Background: Home musician on the guitar and mandolin
Music Style: County; Blues; Pop; and Bluegrass
Overall: If I was going to ask Fender to build me a custom Tele, the 2012 American Standard is exactly what I would have told them to build me. This axe is awesome. I can get so many tones out of the new Tele, I sold my Les Paul Studio.

"GUITAR" submitted February 26, 2014

By Everette H in Dunn, NC
Overall
Musical Background: Guitar since I was 10.
Music Style: rock, country, blues, Christian
Overall: Fender Telecaster Electric Guitar: I absolutely love this guitar. It is a beautiful piece of art, has a great sound, handles well, and I would advise anyone to purchase from this company AND this product. GREAT BUY! Also, on the rating below, I intended to click OVERALL EXCELLENT but made a human error.

"USA Standard Telecaster" submitted March 31, 2014

By Paul F in Benicia, CA
Overall
Musical Background: Played guitar for 23 years.
Music Style: Blues, rock, hard rock, metal
Overall: Great playing guitar. Better than expected.

"Fender Tele" submitted March 4, 2014

By Andreas H in Middletown , NY
Musical Background: 40 years guitarist
Music Style: Rock , pop , blues , christian
Overall: Fender is making to quality guitars annd this one came out of the case ready to lay no setup needed . Love it

"Fender USA std telecaster, maple" submitted February 23, 2014

By William Coleman in Warrenton, MO
Musical Background: Bass, guitar electric/acoustic Semi-pro
Music Style: Modern worship/classic Rock alternative rock
Sound: Great tele tone. Goes from impeccable cleans to great crunch with volume full up and throw in some gain. Wide spectrum of tones even without a lot of effects. Full tone adjust w/o affecting volumes Feature: Love the guitar it's a classic in a modern era. Tele through and through. Ease of Use: Plug it in and play. Like G.E. Smith would say you could get as wild and crazy as you Want with it. Quality: Quality seems exceptional. As I would expect nothing less from an American crafted instrument. It's appearance has quality written all over. Expect it will last a lifetime. Value: Absolutely!!! It's unfortunate that you can purchase a similar guitar manufactured overseas. Although there is still something to be said about American craftsmanship and quality. Not to mention pride that goes with strapping on a great instrument thats stamped made in USA Manufacturer Support: Haven't needed to. The Wow Factor: A timeless classic. Authenticity that cannot be crafted in china Korea Japan or Mexico. Overall: Love the guitar. Plays better every time I pick it up. The setup was near perfect even after being shipped 2000+- miles in sub zero weather. Finish and quality is what you would expect on an American made instrument. the tappered back and custom shop pickups add a nice touch to an already iconic guitar.

"2012 fender American standard 3 color sunburst" submitted February 2, 2014

By William Coleman in Warrenton , MO
Musical Background: Semi pro
Music Style: Rock/ Worship
Overall: Beautiful instrument as you would expect from an American made Fender. Exactly as described. The custom shop pick ups add a touch of class to an already iconic axe. Ordered on mon afternoon arrived wed afternoon. Set up and ready to play plugged In checked intonation near perfect considering 2000 mile trip in arctic conditions. Love at first sight.

"Gibson SG standard 2013" submitted December 1, 2013

By Christopher M in Hattiesburg, MS
Musical Background: serious hobbyist
Music Style: everything
Overall: Got a great deal at 40 percent off; however, extremely disappointed when the SG arrived. Neck was completely snapped. It came in a hard case so not sure how that happened, but called Zzounds and they graciously agreed to replace it immediately. Waiting on the replacement. Let's hope it's it in better shape. Love Zzounds...great company with great payment options. Just wish they had a deeper stock, like the Schecter UltraCure and the Gretsch 5620. Oh well, maybe some day.

When you call, mention priority code 16GT-TVXX. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976